Are SMH a good thing?

SMH good
28 (93.3%)
SMH evil
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: September 25, 2009, 03:55:13 PM

andrewuk

Does anyone else think that EMH are a very bad idea? With so few rides open you have to queue up anyway. Then they let the public in, but rope off the castle, meaning you have to get around the cordon showing your ticket and avoid the crowds.

I watched a video of our 2006 visit last night, and we had done SM, Buzz and Pirates and some shopping all before 10 anyway. I'd much rather have the crowds spread out to enjoy the mornings and have the freedom of the park than have a little crowded piece of it for an hour longer.

Anyone agree?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

I miss the days when on site got the whole park opened to them, and there were no staggered opening and closing except for the fireworks.
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

I love the EMH. It's true than on really busy days, after 9am the queues start to build up... But I've always found that between 8 and 9, you can get a lot done! And on some days, the EMH are the only decent way of doing rides like Buzz or Peter Pan.

davewasbaloo

Very true - it can be great, but it is a shame so few rides are open these days. It would be great to have an EMH in WDSP too. Especially regarding Crush and Tower.  At night would be great.
since 2001 (many before that)

Ouchie's Mummy

We love the magic hours.  We always get there for 8.00 and head for Buzz and then Peter Pan.  Hope they are still doing them when we go next March. x
Linda x

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Very true - it can be great, but it is a shame so few rides are open these days. It would be great to have an EMH in WDSP too. Especially regarding Crush and Tower.  At night would be great.

I fully agree :)  EMH is fine and an early visit to the park now and again can be most welcome, but it's the studios where I'd love to see EMH, but with a strickly 'Not staying onsite! No entry' :lol:

David

smurfy74

I love the EMH but wish they would alternate them between the 2 parks, I would like maybe Monday Wednesday and Friday at the studios and the other days at the Disneyland Park  :D

RnRCj

I have always found Extra Magic Hours very useful,  but I think they should open one or two more attractions like BTM and Pirates.

I like smurfy's idea of alternating between the parks. EMHs at WDS would be fantastic.

Also, I would like to see the evening EMHs return. It was great roaming Frontierland in the dark with literally no one around and a walk-on BTM!

Willow

It would be worth opening Big Thunder Mountain and just have it on one station operation.
At least then the staffing costs aren't as high a full two station operation.

Luigi

i love the EMH, gives me the chance to make a lot of pictures without a lot of people standing around. Even when only a few rides open, this way i have the chance for a ride without waiting long.

andrewuk

But wouldn't you much rather be able to get into the park and go anywhere :?:  Even if a little later? If you got in at 8, well then it probably is pretty good, but as you get closer to 10 it is just more and more unpleasant with barriers and crowds and squeezing past showing tickets as if you're some kind of VIP. I just want to be able to walk around and have 2 hours of freedom in Disneyland before the masses arrive, and I think EMH really cuts that down.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

littlemermaid83

I love EMH, We get all the main rides my DD loves before the crowds arrive which then gives us the rest of the day for us to meet and greet the characters.

I would like to see it operate in the evenings and on alternate days in WDS that would be fab.  Not likely to happen anytime soon though is it. :cry:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

loladelorean

Absolutely love EMH! Gave us the chance to quickly do the rides we would have to spend ages queueing for later in the day, sometimes twice or three times. But I agree with alot of others that it would be nice to see EMH at the Studios - Crush anyone??
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Anthony

It's kind of obvious that, after the first few months of a WDW-style model with evening hours and worthwhile attractions, the park just twisted Extra Magic Hours into a way to save a bit of money by shaving an hour off the mornings.

Trouble is, if you set 9am as the actual opening time, people will arrive even earlier and you'll still have the roped-off lands. If EMH was going to be changed, I'd love to see what a lot of people have said and have it at the Studios too. Both parks, every morning, hotel guests get a one hour head start on Fantasyland/Discoveryland and Crush/Cars/Carpets/Tower. That'd be really valuable.

Tuvok

The EMH are great. I always use them every day of my stay, even if I want to visit the Studios. I fully agree with most of you guys that the Studios also need EMH, although I don't think the waiting time for Crush will be much shorter if they did.

I can understand why DLRP doesn't do evening hours. It's much harder to control the crouds for the cast members. With morning hours, they can only let the people in that stay at the Disney hotels or have Dream passports.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)