Where have the shows all gone?!

Started by astinyastinkerbell, October 25, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astinyastinkerbell

Hey everyone this is my first topic ive ever done!!
but ive been going to disneyland paris since i was 4 every year and i just got back yesterday actually (i loved it  as always lol) i am 20 now and the addiction still hasnt gone!!

soooo
i went in the summer also and was totally shocked that all the shows had gone!
they have always helped add to the magic i think aswell as all the theming, helped make disney that something special that we all love! and not just some theme park!

im confussed why they would get rid of tarzan and lion king at the same time they were both so good!!

oh btw i also saw tht on the tarzan stage its already covered in the set for the christmas ice skating show thing! looks v gd!
i dont dislike the cartoon idea at videopolis i jsut think they used to do that anyway!! so i think they should put the show on too lol!!

also i dont know if any of you remember the show before mulan it was almost snippets of all different disney films they had the little mermaid with all fish swimming around and aladdin on the magic carpet flying across the stage that was amazing so so gd!!

and also before tarzan pochontas was really good!

does anyone know what they have planned for these two stages!!

and also the parades dont seem to change as often as they used to?
my favourite one was the topsy turvey parade that was amazing! i wish theyd reuse all that stuff!!

dont get me wrong i still love disney!! i just wish there were some shows as they were some of my favourite aspects!!

XOXOX

15yearsofMagic2008

I think theres a topic already up about this isn't there ? Kristof will know :) .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

-breeno-

Trazan Encounter was closed to be replaced with Goof's Summer Camp which was showing in July and August (topic here) and The Legend of the Lion King closed on 4th January 2009 due to (i think) low turn outs towards the last few years (topic here).
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

dagobert

The only show I've ever seen at DLRP was "Lion King", because we have never been during high season.

Dlp.info reports that a "Snow White"-show will be presented on the castle stage:
http://www.dlp.info/News/2009/10/snow-w ... /#more-871

Anthony

News about the Snow White show was broken here first by Poppy the Monkey, topic just fell onto the second page: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7583

Still not quite sure how much of a "real" show it'll be.

As for the general lack of shows, blame a mixture of budget squeezing and bad entertainment direction...

pussinboots

It's true. I honestly can't remember when there was such a repetitive and homogeneous entertainment offering as now with the Central Plaza show and the Character Express.

It really doesn't work at all, not even for the less critical guests. Watch for the faces in the audience as Mickey does his little disappearance act; completely undisturbed. Because they've already seen it three times, probably.

So excellent news about Snow White and the Theatre du Chateau.

ightenhill

Saddens me that the management don't seem to realise (or rather they do but have put budget constraints first) that a disney park is not just about rides.. A park without at least one superb show is attacking the heart of what makes a Disney park special and seems to me to be a step in the wrong direction just when things were going so well..

I assume therefore with no shows included in the park entry price , they have reduced general  entry costs this year .. (thought not   :roll:  )
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]