The Enchanted Fireworks (4 July - 30 August 2009)

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2009, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The Enchanted Fireworks are returning for its second year from 4 July until 30 August 2009.

Disney Central Plaza member "Pyro" confirms are again in charge of the fireworks.

geomelin

At what time you can enjoy those fireworks?

George
Previous Trips

(1) 2000 - Disneyland Paris (Millennium Celebration)
(2) 2002 - Disneyworld Orlando - Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
(3) 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Christmas Season)
(4) 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Summer Season)

Kristof

Somewhere after 11pm.  :)

littlemermaid83

Here is hoping for something different next year.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Willow

I love The Enchanted Fireworks, I wouldn't change it for any other Disney fireworks display.

Its still only 1 year old, I can see a few more years before its replaced. Maybe for the 20th?
There's no need for a new display every year.

DisneyObsessive

Quote from: "Kristof"The Enchanted Fireworks are returning for its second year from 4 July until 30 August 2009.

Disney Central Plaza member "Pyro" confirms are again in charge of the fireworks.

There is a discussion on DLP.info that the fireworks may finish before the 30 August based on the fact the closing times have been changed from 11pm to 10pm in the last week of the summer season.  Although 10pm is late enough for it to be dark.  

Any news about that Kristof?

Kristof

Yes, I read their theory.  Fireworks and Fantillusion will still happen, park will just close an hour early.  :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Willow"I love The Enchanted Fireworks, I wouldn't change it for any other Disney fireworks display.

Its still only 1 year old, I can see a few more years before its replaced. Maybe for the 20th?
There's no need for a new display every year.

I agree Willow I don't think it will be changed and I think it's a good show although my favourite will always be 'Wishes'! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

andrewuk

Quote from: "Kristof"Yes, I read their theory.  Fireworks and Fantillusion will still happen, park will just close an hour early.  :)

Thanks Kristof =D> , I was worried, although I am a bit annoyed at management about this. Having spent all this money I'm now getting an hour less in the park for each of the three evenings that I'll be there :roll: . Still, more time to spend in Starbucks  :|
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Willow

I've just watched the 2008 and 2009 versions of the show back-to-back.

2008 > 2009.

I understand there was the noise issue with last years version but.... I'm sure in a number of places that they have removed fireworks that aren't even noisy.
2009 is a worse show compared with 2008, its just not as good.

Very disappointing.

Kristof

Here's a link to the Photos Magiques video of the 2009 version, filmed past Sunday!

Be sure to watch it in HD!  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdBPS9rseAk

Anthony

Thanks for the video! Watched it this morning on my iphone.

They're still good fireworks, still beautiful and well-chosen music, but there's definitely no doubting the original 2008 version was so much better. Even aside from the toned-down fireworks, the show this year seems a little messy in places and not as well-synchronised or symmetrical as before.

At the point where those huge "fanfare" bursts fill the sky (above), I'm confused why they removed the second shells which used to explode upwards within the fanfares. It's hard to explain, but if you saw the 2008 version you should know what I mean. There'd be the big fanfare, and then separate single white rockets firing outwards within them. It doesn't quite have the same effect now.

I can't see that they were particularly noisy..?

coruscantpt

Lol now that's what I call a quiet firework show. But I have to agree, the 2008 was far better than this one. Much more shells up in the air.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

seanmartina

have to agree, the 2008 fireworks were really really amazing, this year they are nice, but there is something lacking, something just not right, like the magic sparkle is gone, or  the icing on the cake was removed.. there is not only the big shells gone, but i think they are using a lot lot less of the smaller fireworks.. maybe for every seven shows they will get an extra one show with the savings, but to me they are shotting themselves in the foot yet again, the summer season is when a lot of visitors come to see the magic, and if they are disapointed or see something lacking, they will notice..people seem to pick up on the negatives very quickly, then the downward spirial strarts yet again, the park become less appealing, less visitors, less money, less attractions, less new magic, less opening hours, less upkeep, early 2000 all over again...then more restructuring of dept. they have the top tourist attraction in all of europe, 17 million visitors (all based on disney quality ) i know the credit crunch, but this is the time to spend, so when good times return , the people return.. Sorry for the rant!!! phillip gas i thought because he was an original cast member would remember the magic and bring it all back but not this year!!

Epcot_Boy

Well it's a far cry from 'Sparklers' I guess and yes it's not as delightful as 2008 but in my humble opinion it's still pretty impressive. It looks to me to be fairly tight with the music, with some minor exceptions I think, but yes on the whole it will still be an impressive end to a hard day and night in the park(s) =D>
As regards cutting back on costs etc, yes to the hardened park fans such as the members of this board the changes are noticable.....but to the average 'Joe' I really don't think it will make any difference whatsoever..........to most a firework display is a fireworks display, perhaps the lack of any American park 'Bangs' will be a dissapointment to some...but I think it will keep most happy :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David