The Enchanted Fireworks (4 July - 30 August 2009)

Started by Kristof, June 29, 2009, 03:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quotebut to the average 'Joe' I really don't think it will make any difference whatsoever

Quote from 2 Flemish guests next to me: "well this wasn't worth the wait".

Anyway, for those who don't remember last year's version, here's a link to our YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/photosmagiques#p ... 5Hzi_0aG9M

seanmartina

you really can see big differences, you can watch last years fireworks in HD here http://www.vimeo.com/1361527 (broadband only)this is my video of it during my visit in 2008.. you can really tell the difference.. the more i watch it the worse this years has become.

ulak

My version of Enchanted Fireworks in HD  (08/2008) is here ...

[youtube:lcd6zrox]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVFc59-e6c&feature=channel_page[/youtube:lcd6zrox]

Enjoy my friends!  :D
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

davewasbaloo

My gosh, is DLP doing anything worth while anymore? Oh dear, I was going to see if we could go for a little trip to see them this year. I thought they were better last year than they have been for over a decade, but now, almost pointless.

Is this a budget or litigation issue?
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

Quote from: "ulak"My version of Enchanted Fireworks in HD is here ...
Thanks, although I'm going to state the obvious and point out for any newcomers that this is last year's version. :wink:

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Is this a budget or litigation issue?
Litigation... so we're told. Chessy doesn't much like the big bangs. I can only assume the noise of the very loud rockets at the end doesn't carry as far as the bang from a proper shell, perhaps because they're low-level and launched further from the town?

Anyone know... does DLP use the same air-launch technology they use particularly in California?

davewasbaloo

I thought they resolved that last year. I mean, they wouldn't have all those tax payers if it were not for Disney. Although there were some small hamlets and farms, the villages around DLP came to exist because of DLP.

This is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!
since 2001 (many before that)

Willow

They look like they are using air launchers, you can kinda hear the fireworks launching but it doesn't sound like a normal firework launch.

Loads of Theme Parks have issues with the locals: Alton Towers (no more fireworks), Drayton Manor (Shockwave will probably have to get removed as its too noisy) and Legoland (Jungle Coasters stupid changes because of the screams).

Its not a surprise that DLRP also has the same issues.

DisneyObsessive

Quote from: "Willow"Loads of Theme Parks have issues with the locals: Alton Towers (no more fireworks), Drayton Manor (Shockwave will probably have to get removed as its too noisy) and Legoland (Jungle Coasters stupid changes because of the screams).

I thought the legoland change was down to a nasty acident with items falling from guest pocket onto the people bellow.  The changes have killed that ride as far as I am concerned.

If it was just the noise you would think they could give extra magic in other ways like the Flying Dumbo at DL or some other magical effect.  I suspect this is a budget driven change and the noise issue is a convient divertion.  The guest reaction will vary and I not sure an overheard comment is not a indication of wider satisfaction.  I will be there for the last show of the summer so I am not watching the video so I make up my own mind.  I did not see last years either.  To be honest I was not keen on WDW's Wishes and found the DLP version more interesting with the laser effects again adding magic in other, and dare I say it more enviromentally friendly ways.  I hate to think what the effect of Epcots show is even if it is the best firework show I've seen with the best Disney score in my humble opinion.

I would think dear Mr Gas has quiet a financial balancing act on his hands and to some degree I'm happy to see a few less shells and a few more effects working in the park.

One interesting question to those in the know.  Does this year show require the same level of park closure as last year?  Am I right that Pirates had to be closed as park of the prep last year?  Is the same true this year?

Kristof

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I thought they resolved that last year. I mean, they wouldn't have all those tax payers if it were not for Disney. Although there were some small hamlets and farms, the villages around DLP came to exist because of DLP.

This is SOOOOOOOO frustrating!

The whole summer season is frustrating this year.  Some attractions opening at 3 pm, some closing at 6 pm, no quality Disneyland Park shows, Fantillusion with only 2 stops (we were standing at Gibson Girl, none of the parade stops were visual there) and a disappointing [strike:3hx0doa1]grand[/strike:3hx0doa1] finale of the day....  [-(

Nicholas-c

I am currently in Serris/val d'europe, i can see the parks, mainly the castle clearly and monday night 11pm... 0 noise! so surely it cant be much louder over is chessy?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Fantillusion with only 2 stops
That is still the biggest disappointment, because there's just no reason for it. Is it that much harder or more expensive to run three stops? Surely not, it ran like that for 2 or 3 years no problem.

Since it was built entirely with the fancy transformations and show stops in mind, it comes across a bit dull as a continuous parade.  And if you'd rather ride attractions than watch the parade -- oop, sorry, most of those close early now.

We're a long, long way from when you could see fireworks on weekends in June, and electrical parades right through from January to March, aren't we? :(

Kristof

Update: The Enchanted Fireworks will be performed at 10.45pm from 24 - 30 August 2009.

Oh and to add, the encore finale has been updated with continuous "shhhhhhhhhhhh" fireworks, if that makes sense, in an effort to create more "noise".

Elwell2009

Hi Just a quick question watched a few videos and was wondering at the very start as the sky lights go up the castle is it just me or does it look like tinkerbell's gliter is working in this video //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTALVaeUXk

Matt  8)

Kristof

Yes Tink is definitely doing her pixie dust stuff at the beginning.

Elwell2009

Has that been there forever ?

Matt 8)