Hotel Corridor Carpet Smell?

Started by CafeFantasia, June 03, 2009, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"We were watching a show a few months ago, and they had some smoke on stage that drifted into the audience, and BOOM - half an hour of reminiscing Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 8)  :P
I've had that before too, though it was a long time ago. I really want to smell that sweet smell again, back when all 10 smoke machines used to work! I've actually considered getting a small smoke machine before... :lol:

Reiana

Smell seekers, the quest has come to an end.
I'm pretty sure I found the the comnpany providing the special smells. It's a france fragrance company called Lampe Berger, located in Paris.
I needed a fragrance for one of their fragrance lamps as a present and I tried different probes. First smell I found was Sequoia Lodge. Then I was absolutely sure about the next one. It was exactly the same smell as inside the Disneyland Hotel. The smell I was looking for such a long time now. I would recognize it anywere in the world.
So I'm very sure, this is the company, responsilble for all the typical hotel smells.

So it's not a carpet spray we are looking for. It's a room scent.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Sounds very good, more details please. What are the scent's names? Can you provide links, if possible?

Reiana

I bought the DL Hotel fragrance and it is called Poussièr d'Ambre (Amber Powder) Series Oriental Dreams.
I don't know it it is allowed to post a link, but just search for Lampe Berger and I'm sure, you'll be able to find it.
I'm not sure but Sequoia Lodge was Cedre du Liban (Virginia Cederwood) or Teck de Borneo (Borneo Teak Wood) (think it was Cedre).
Both are from the Oriental Dreams Series too.

The fragrance itself it quiet cheap but the lamps are very expensive.

pussinboots

My mother was given this fragrance called "Paul Smith London" that smells EXACTLY like Hotel New York. Take a whiff the next time you're in a department store. It's really strange.

CentralPlazaPerson

:offtopic: but doesn't Discovery Arcade always smell of popcorn or something? :lol:

penfold12

Im going to sound very sad now..... But

I used to work in a restaurant, and we had an large ice making machine in the cellar, that made ice for all the bars. This machine smelt exactly like Splash Mountain (something to do with the water and purification i presume).

I could regularly be found with my head in the machine, right in it, breathing deeply dreaming of Splash Mountain

Pete's Dragon

Last September when we stayed at Sante Fe, I had a really bad head cold. Every morning at 5am I would wake up with a badly stiffed nose. After sitting up for about 10mins, it would clear but once I'm awake for 10mins I find it impossible to go back to sleep.

So I would get dressed and head outside for a cigarette (booo, disgusting). Leaving the room, I used to always love that hotel corridor smell, plus it was mixed with a feint wiff of those little mini Mickey Mouse branded soaps as the cleaners had left their trolly outside my room all week (and no I didnt help myself to 1000's of little soaps. Well, okay maybe 10)

That smell always made me feel better/safe/at home, and I hope that Newport Bay smells the same in 3 weeks time. Although this time there will be no 5am cigarettes. I'll have to think of another excuse.

(P.S. How bad would it look if someone was walking down the corridor, only to find a full grown man lying on the floor sniffing the carpet :? )

Owain

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"it was mixed with a feint wiff of those little mini Mickey Mouse branded soaps as the cleaners had left their trolly outside my room all week (and no I didnt help myself to 1000's of little soaps. Well, okay maybe 10)

Post of the Day !  :lol:

Cendrillon

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"it was mixed with a feint wiff of those little mini Mickey Mouse branded soaps as the cleaners had left their trolly outside my room all week (and no I didnt help myself to 1000's of little soaps. Well, okay maybe 10)
Ahh, the Mickey soaps! For me, it's when I see one of those in my hotel room that I know I'm truly at Disneyland! I can't help but take a couple every time I visit... my collection at home is rather on the large side!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Ahh, the Mickey soaps! For me, it's when I see one of those in my hotel room that I know I'm truly at Disneyland!  

I see them in my own bathroom everyday, they stretch the entire length of the window sill. Well they would if you moved the Mickey Mouse shower gels and shampoos out of the way. :mrgreen:

MinnieMouse

I feel exactly the same. There is really a nice smell in the DLP Hotels, I like it. You come into the Hotel and you fell that you are at home  :D

loladelorean

Attention anyone who loves the smell of Hotel New York!
We have accidentally found an aftershave that smells just like it - Joop Homme (pink bottle)
My sisters boyfriend wears it and me and her kept sniffing him the other day. When I put some on a stick in Boots it wasnt the same, think it needs to be on your skin.
But its exactly the same smell!!! Might need to buy some for my boyfriend's christmas...
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19