Orbitron In Silver

Started by CafeFantasia, May 26, 2009, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I might be posting this in the wrong forum, but I thought it was interesting to see that the Orbitron attraction over at Disneyland in California (which is a perfect clone of the one in Paris) is getting a new silver colour scheme.

Perhaps these changes will one day come to Paris, to tie-in better with Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast?

RnRCj

The new colour scheme looks great over there, but it should never happen in Paris. Their new colour scheme actually fits with Tomorrowland. If it happened here it would fit with Buzz, but not with everything else.

pussinboots

Yes, what RnRCj said. Disneyland's Tomorrowland is of course an infamous mess. This new color scheme looks nice there, matching the most recent style they've bestowed upon the land, but it won't fix the awful placement of the ride or the way it blends in with its surroundings. And all the silver paint in the world isn't going to make a Renaissance-era sculpture surrounded by steampunk "lava rocks" look convincingly modern, by the way.

Discoveryland on the other hand had none of those problems until Buzz and the Space Mountain repackaging came along. So what a mad idea it is to mess up the rest of the land because of two bad decisions made by Euro Disney in the mid-2000s. Yet it did indeed momentarily seem to head in that direction, with the new Constellations, Cool Zone (or whatever it's called), the repainted popcorn cart and even last year with the revamped Autopia. So who knows.

But I would like to ask you to envision Space Mountain and Videopolis in the new color scheme.

And another thing. Orbitron in bronze is a coherent concept, clearly showing what inspired it and making sense all the way. It's a story. Orbitron in silver and purple however is neither here nor there. It's just... Arbitrary.

Magicalmouse125

That looks great. However if obitron changed colour then tehy would have to paint 'Space Mountain' too. So that they would match!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

mehdi5

It would look great, but as said before Space Mountain would need a new paint scheme too to match, the current colors are fine but i can imagine the current building look good with a silver/other color scheme if done right.

Willow

The current Bronze-look of Discoveryland gives its victorian feel.

A silver look would turn Discoveryland into Tomorrowland. No, Thank you.

Anthony

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"That looks great. However if obitron changed colour then tehy would have to paint 'Space Mountain' too. So that they would match!
Oh, there goes my lunch...

:sick:

dagobert

Although I like the new colour scheme, I don't want it to come to DLRP's Orbitron. It would look out of place.

Buzz Lightyear is a great attraction, but I think the white/silver building doesn't fit into the golden/brown Discoveryland. Why did WDI repaint the building?

burntsienna

I don't much like the silver as it just looks a little dull...if it were sparkly my mind might be changed a little, or if it were reflective/shiny, but then I'm guessing they haven't done that because of bright sunny days and the suns reflections maybe... :-k
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

david

U-G-L-Y! if there was a smilie which looked like it was throwing up- i would put it here

Nicholas-c

I think it looks good... Saying that however it wouldn't work in DLP.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Owain

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"I think it looks good... Saying that however it wouldn't work in DLP.

I agree, there Astro Orbitor never fitted well in there Tomorrowland in my opinion. The silver will give the ride the futuristic look it needs !

luke85

Poor Tomorrowland  :(  it's such a mess in DL, too much re-themeing without any real thought about what the land is supposed to represent. I think it will take a long time to get it back to how it was before the disastrous '98 makeover. When I visited in 2007 I just didn't feel like a cohesive space, it felt very disjointed. I don't think painting the Astro Orbitor silver is going to help matters. Such a shame.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "davidrsykes"U-G-L-Y! if there was a smilie which looked like it was throwing up- i would put it here
Glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought this! It really does look ugly as sin to me, but then I guess I might be imagining it in Discoveryland.

Anthony

Could be worse, could be Hong Kong's...