Disneyland Paris looks to London to recruit new staff!

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, June 22, 2009, 05:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Text:

QuoteDisneyland Paris plans to recruit 7,000 staff this year and the firm has embarked on a European recruitment campaign to search for the right candidates.

On Wednesday (24 June) HR staff from the resort are visiting the Walt Disney Company's UK office in Hammersmith London to source employees for positions in sales, hotel and hospitality roles.

Lst year Disneyland Paris took on 9,000 new staff and British staff at the park represent the third largest community after French and Italian employees. More than 300 Brits currently work in the resort.

Employees recruited this week can sign contracts for the summer, Halloween or Christmas as well as open-ended contracts from September 2009.

Jean Noel Thiollier, director of employment and remuneration at Disneyland Paris, said: "Disneyland Paris is a unique and diverse company where 14,000 professionals from more than 100 nationas work in a single site. To reinforce our activity we are constantly seeking new talents in more than 500 vocations.

"Working at Disneyland Paris is a chance to gain professional experience in an international environment, learn and grow."

The organisation has launched a new website on which anyone, who is over 18 and can speak conversational French, can apply.

The article is flanked by a wonderful Castle photo...

casschr05

Once again the 'wrong' Castle is used :lol:

So does the article basically say that DLP are sourcing employees from people who already work for Disney in the UK? like scouting to find suitable employees from Disney and not the general public?

luke85

I managed to speak to a lady from DLP a few weeks ago after I applied for a role via the Disneyland Paris Casting website. She told me about this event where they would come to the UK to look for new recruits to work at DLP.

I think the article is a bit misleading however, claiming that new recruits need to speak "conversational French". The lady I spoke to informed me that all applicants would need a very strong grasp of the language, as all of the training is in French, and it isn't your every day "je m'appelle" French, it's full-on French dealing with very technical language. She was telling me stories about people lasting 2 days over there as they got a bit lost in translation!

I really think it's a great opportunity for French-speaking Brits to go along to though! I just think the language-thing should be made a bit clearer :)

pussinboots

Quote from: "luke85"I managed to speak to a lady from DLP a few weeks ago after I applied for a role via the Disneyland Paris Casting website. She told me about this event where they would come to the UK to look for new recruits to work at DLP.

I think the article is a bit misleading however, claiming that new recruits need to speak "conversational French". The lady I spoke to informed me that all applicants would need a very strong grasp of the language, as all of the training is in French, and it isn't your every day "je m'appelle" French, it's full-on French dealing with very technical language. She was telling me stories about people lasting 2 days over there as they got a bit lost in translation!

I really think it's a great opportunity for French-speaking Brits to go along to though! I just think the language-thing should be made a bit clearer :)

The problem with that is that almost no one manages to get to that level without actually moving to a French-speaking place. You can take up a hundred classes and buy as many tapes, but although you will be able to perfectly describe all the things Nicole and Claude can do in the city, you still won't be prepared for a real conversation.

So it's a bit of a catch-22.

kitty

its not fair, i wanna work at disneyland but i dont think the F i got for GCSE french will quite cut it.  lol.

LilysDad

Quote from: "kitty"its not fair, i wanna work at disneyland but i dont think the F i got for GCSE french will quite cut it.  lol.

So why not go to conversational French evening classes? Spend a year improving your grasp of the spoken word and give yourself a sporting chance for the 2010 contracts ?

Clarebelle

Thats what me and my BF are going to do! I asked him if I could go and he said YES!! and that he would leave his job at the bank to go as well! I dont know if he was having a funny moment or what.... French Class here I come
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

eeyores girl

:D/ go for it girl!!!! manners would be a great thing there as i feel that is one of the main thing alot of the staff lack, gibson girls ices is wonderful but the staff are very rude and dont seem to want to be there!!! :wink:
disney is soooo wonderful!!!!
WHEN YOU WISH APON A STAR........

dlrp 1999 NEWPORT BAY
dwf 2002 int drive
dlrp 2006 santa fe
dlrp 2009 santa fe

DisneyMichelle

This would be my dream to work at DLRP. Unfourtuantly my french is terrible!

When mum and dad went last year they were sitting on the bench by Disney lake and got talking to a lady there and she wasnt supposed to say but she pointed out her daughter who was near by and said that she was out there visiting her daughter who works there and is a character in the parade, she wasnt allowed to say which one but dad guessed it would be someone like minnie or micky as she was so short.

What an amazing job!
I was once told to have a happy place in your mind for when times get hard. Disneyland Paris is my happy place. :)

CentralPlazaPerson

Your post DisneyMichelle gave me an idea..
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7278

TR_Wolf

Good, it'll be nice to hear more English speakers there! I realise it's in France, but it's Disney! Far too many staff there dont speak a single word of English!

Also the original image on that page appears to have changed to the Paris castle.

Adam (TR Wolf) on the left, and Phil on the right \":)\"