Refurb, new kiosk at Walt Disney Television Studios

Started by Anthony, April 07, 2009, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Something's being constructed at the Television Studios! Check the bottom of this page:

//http://www.disneytheque.com/article-13.html

Café? Shop? Photo location?

peep

Ah cool, it's either a merchandise stall or another drinks/snack counter.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Couple more photos:

And one of the refurb:

Looks like a merchandise kiosk to me too, seems to be quite similar to the one outside Animagique, but we'll have to wait and see...

Willow

Is there any official confirmation about why the whole building is covered by scaffolding?

Bit of a crazy idea from me..... this isn't related to the Theatre District idea is it?

Kristof

The façade is just in refurbishment.  Scaffolding is also placed on the backstage side of the building.

CentralPlazaPerson

Would that "kiosk" structure be a staff shelter to a new development like a walkthrough ride or so?  :?
or a merchandise stall for stitch live and playhouse disney?

-breeno-

Most likely going to be a merchandise kiosk, like the one beside Animagique.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

djeaser posted this photo on Disney Central Plaza today.

http://web.lab.free.fr/disney/kiosque1.jpg

Wonder if that's going to be the new colour scheme for the Television Tour building?  :?

Willow

Before I clicked the link I was hoping that it would include some red, luckily it does!

Its like the management are trying to change the colours of all the buildings, from the original yellow. (E.g. Toon Studio, and now the potentially new colours for the studios building)
I don't think thats a bad thing! Some might.

Anthony

A post by member marc bosset on DCP forum confirms the kiosk won't be opening next month as planned but September, since some of the the fittings won't be ready in time.

Personally I like the top of the kiosk, that peach/salmon red is a good introduction to the land's colour scheme (it's already on Restaurant des Stars). The darker red of the supports doesn't look great.

Like the Animagique kiosk, though, it's a shame they only ever try to blend in these new kiosks with their locations, rather than letting them stand out a little - have their own name, etc. Example being La Petite Maison des Jouets in Fantasyland. The Studios is already still quite a bland wash of buildings, it could do with these things having a bit more personality.

Why not use more of that dead corner and put something like Crossroads of the World in?

Kristof

New colours!!

Quote from: "WDSfans"The Television Tour building currently housing Playhouse Disney Live on Stage, Stitch Live! and the Disney Channel Europe offices is currently packed in scaffolding for a complete repaint of its façade.

It appears that a new colour scheme has been chosen for the building, using more a more earth tone yellow/orange and replacing the green by an orange/red tone.

Source

Anthony

I know it's early, but wow! LOVE those colours!

Suddenly it might go from being 1950s-inspired to proper 50s period.

What a pleasant surprise. :)

peep

^Ditto, I absolutely love that colour scheme. Can't wait to see what the whole building looks like when finished.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

bigrossco

love the colour's makes it look more fresh and just better!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RnRCj

Whilst the new colour scheme does look good, I can't help but think they're just shuffling little bits of the park again. Sure, it'll probably look better with the new colours, but it's not going to make a real difference.