Refurb, new kiosk at Walt Disney Television Studios

Started by Anthony, April 07, 2009, 07:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpmad

When I was there at the beginning of October, all I could hear was drilling and hammering! Let's hope it looks good! I'd love it if it was a stitch theme, ie him climbing down the building. I'll just have to wait to see it like everyone else.
101% Stitch LOVING!!

dlrp_bopazot

The scarfolding on the Disney Channel Building are now being dismantled . I wish they could do the same thing on the Studios 1 facade !

Tuvok

That's great news! Anyone has a more recent picture?

If that refurb debacle of Studio 1 is caused due to a lawsuite with the contractor, why don't they hire the contractor for the Television Studios refurb to do it? Do they really need to leave everything as it is till this is settled?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Tuvok

Found a new picture on Newsdlrp.com:

Source article: Click!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Maarten

As far as I can judge at the moment, I quite like it. The colourscheme fits in with Studio 1, Studio 3, Tower of Terror and the earth tones of the Hollywood facades. Hopefully they will re-install the nice "Walt Disney Television Studios" sign soon. We all know what happened to the Rendez-vous des Stars sign though...

Anthony

Very nice! Compare it to this photo from the first page: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6186/tv01.jpg

Darker orange is definitely the right choice. If you stood next to Tower of Terror, the old colour was far too pale compared to the new buildings, it looked very out of place. Add to that the lighter colour on the lines under the windows and the new red details (are the neons red too? looks like it), a job well done!

Though I hope the Walt Disney Television Studios sign returns too...

QTXAdsy

Very nice  =D>  

Now, if only it would take that long with the studio 1 billboard....

Here Come The Belgians!

Maarten

I didn't notice it before, but apparently they removed the mural with the large hidden Mickey on it! The Walt Disney Television Studios sign isn't brought back either since the refurbishment.

A bit offtopic, but they removed the taxi in front of Blockbuster Cafe aswell. Who's is going to sit on that "cozy" terrace anyway?  

Source: //http://www.pixiedust.be

Anthony

I was also surprised to see the mural painted over! Perhaps if they really do want this area to take on a more 1950s vibe then it wasn't all that fitting, with the satellite dishes, but simply painting over it like that is a bit... disappointing. The Studios really doesn't need extra blandness.

Do Disney Channel still occupy that part of the building? It'd be an ideal location for a shop or larger café if you could knock through and put some windows in.

Failing that, why not a mural depicting Walt Disney's 50s/60s television history? That's where Disneyland was introduced to the world, after all.

CentralPlazaPerson

To be honest I think the television studios should hold exhibitions every year like "The History of Walt Disney" or "Disney parks around the world." Even a small cinema like on Main Street USA in Disneyland Anaheim and a new movie is shown now and again about different things like The Story of Disneyland Paris or From Sketch to Reality. Get a famous actor or presenter to host it in different languages.I would be a hit! The place is being called out to be used! (That's if it isn't already being occupied by Disney Channel ;))
Sort have gone off topic a bit.

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Maarten"A bit offtopic, but they removed the taxi in front of Blockbuster Cafe aswell. Who's is going to sit on that "cozy" terrace anyway?  

Source: //http://www.pixiedust.be

Would they have moved the Taxi into Studio Tram Tour?

Martyn

Anyone got a picture of what thsi mural used to look like? I cant remember! Also does anyone have a pic of the building in day light? I was only there last month, and I could tell that the buildign had been repainted, but I sure it wasn't anywhere near as dark as that pic shows.

Also, I cant remember seeing a kiosk by Animagique...?

Kristof

There's some photos of the refurbed building in my latest trip report:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8763

Anthony

It's looking like the Walt Disney Television Studios sign is gone for good, isn't it?

Not to mention the mural...

Martyn

The new paint work does make it blend in with the other 3 studio buildings now, which is good. I remember seeing it had been re-painted, but coulnd't put my finger on what it was that was differen't, but it looked a hell of a lot better.