Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

hehe no problem Ro.

I wonder why no one seems to have the UP pin for sale as its not available in mancester still... Seems Im the only one who was able to purchase it..

Aveen2008

I was at the disney store today, I managed to get the UP pin, they didnt seem to have much of it and it took a lot of me convincing them it was released and them looking! I also got happy and baloo.....bought 2 of the UP pin....

The shop was quite quiet danny so I got them to search and I found this ( you can see the eye fault).....

I traded for these two, was so surprised to see them on the lanyard...
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

ooooh I wants it lol I dont mind the uncoloured eye :P is it for trade?? and the cheshire cat pin is nice :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"ooooh I wants it lol I dont mind the uncoloured eye :P is it for trade?? and the cheshire cat pin is nice :)

yep ill trade it if you want it :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

lol of course i want it lol just not got many traders lol ill get a pic of them to see if you want any if not ill have to wait till I het some more traders :P

Aveen2008

Sure do I owe ya anything for the charity adopt teddy/pin thing?? If I do the £3 can go to that
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

erm I dunno lol could just say you bought the stitch pin for me and I buy the charity pin for you and we just trade :P if that sounds ok to you

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"erm I dunno lol could just say you bought the stitch pin for me and I buy the charity pin for you and we just trade :P if that sounds ok to you

yeah thats fine, I got it to trade with you anyway as I knew you wanted it for your collection :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

ooh cool :) I shall get a picture up as soon as Im home but I think lindsay could beat me to it since she lives closer :P

glad I joined here now sweome group of people :)

Eager_Eyes

Quote from: "Belle's World"Hi All,

Did some great trades in Covent Garden and Oxford Street today got the following:

Really happy with the UP pin as they had none for sale in either of the stores. Sorry Danny no Stitches, i am going to Leeds in 2 weeks so fingers crossed for then.

Ro

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I gave them that Jasmine pin when I was in London last week!!!! Was unsure if to trade or keep that one decided to trade in the end for a Mickey pin.  Glad to see that she found a good home :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"ooh cool :) I shall get a picture up as soon as Im home but I think lindsay could beat me to it since she lives closer :P

glad I joined here now sweome group of people :)

aww lol:)

is the pin actually a disney pin or more of a thank you pin? Have you ever done it before?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I think its a disney pin but Im unsure as its something new lol we know it is a star... copied from Facebook discussion page...

The trees are going to be filled with £15 disney plush - a mix of the characters that you can normally buy in store. For a £5 donation, you can 'purchase' one of those £15 teds for charity. The plush is then given to a child for Christmas at a local charity. For example, in Chester, our plush will be going to our local hospital and to a hospice. With me so far?

Well, as a 'thank you' for donating the plush you get two things. The first is a tag which you fill out to a child and tie back onto the tree (it'll be tied to a teddy when delivered) and is what the event is all about. I like the idea and will be doing it for my niece and nephew to remind them of kids less fortunate. BUT...the second thing you get is for you (or whoever you donate on behalf of) and it's a pack.

The pack is a beautiful softback book on the Christmas Carol (the new movie) and in the middle of it is a gorgous 'magic wishing star pin'. I've only seen the prototype but it's lovely. The pin is pretty much as it sounds, a large christmas star with something on it like 'magic wishing star, 2009' - sorry but I can't remember if it's gold or silver. They are hoping this will become an yearly event but for this year, as a test, they are going to donate a max of 20,000 plush - and therefore 20,000 pins. When they're gone, they are gone and I/we think they event will prob sell out in two weeks. Everyone at the meeting was talking about buying two or three themselves because of the charity angle alone.

thats what the pin is supposed to be but I think it is a disney pin.

Masamune

@ Belle - :D What great trades! :P I love it when I get to trade for Core pins that I want instead of buying them.

@ Aveen - :) Congrats on the cute Cheshire pin! If I didn't have it already I would want it badly, as it's totally adorable!

@ Danny - Not long till Tuesday! *Is really excited now* Yay!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I think its a disney pin but Im unsure as its something new lol we know it is a star... copied from Facebook discussion page...

The trees are going to be filled with £15 disney plush - a mix of the characters that you can normally buy in store. For a £5 donation, you can 'purchase' one of those £15 teds for charity. The plush is then given to a child for Christmas at a local charity. For example, in Chester, our plush will be going to our local hospital and to a hospice. With me so far?

Well, as a 'thank you' for donating the plush you get two things. The first is a tag which you fill out to a child and tie back onto the tree (it'll be tied to a teddy when delivered) and is what the event is all about. I like the idea and will be doing it for my niece and nephew to remind them of kids less fortunate. BUT...the second thing you get is for you (or whoever you donate on behalf of) and it's a pack.

The pack is a beautiful softback book on the Christmas Carol (the new movie) and in the middle of it is a gorgous 'magic wishing star pin'. I've only seen the prototype but it's lovely. The pin is pretty much as it sounds, a large christmas star with something on it like 'magic wishing star, 2009' - sorry but I can't remember if it's gold or silver. They are hoping this will become an yearly event but for this year, as a test, they are going to donate a max of 20,000 plush - and therefore 20,000 pins. When they're gone, they are gone and I/we think they event will prob sell out in two weeks. Everyone at the meeting was talking about buying two or three themselves because of the charity angle alone.

thats what the pin is supposed to be but I think it is a disney pin.

ah they have a tree like that in the belfast store! But they didnt mention anything about the event!

Its probably a plain pin but at the end of the day its for a good cause! :D

Lindsay: Phew I am glad you have it because I like it and was hoping u already had it hehehe :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

after reading that are you still wanting me to pick you one up??