Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Thanks to Good Friday tomorrow, this week's pins have been released a day early online...

Mickey Mouse with House (House series, series of 4) LE 1000
Ariel and Eric (Romance series) LE 1000
Pinocchio and Jiminy LE 500, online exclusive, Free-D (rubber) hat.
Mickey Mouse with Tugboat LE 500, online exclusive, boat is a slider
Stitch Shirt and Guitar Core (open) edition
Nemo Core (open) edition
Grumpy Core (open) edition

The Stitch one looks cute :) think I might have to get that one soon. And of course with new pins, comes new previews!
Limited Edition:

Cinderella continue the Romance series, and Donald seems to continue the House series.

Core edition:

More Mickey and Minnie, of course. The dalmatian one looks cool :)

EDIT: Forgot the Online editions!

Clarebelle

well Norwich said they started trading on Sunday last week, traded a few that day and we were the first since then! :D/

All the staff in the shop got very excited and offered their second lanyard that wasnt on display, they were happy to trade for anything! and offered lots of friendly advise :D they all oooo'ed and rrrrrrr'd at our pin collection (we took in our pin trading DLRP bag and our growing collection), they even called the mangager back from his break to take a look lol I felt very sad  :oops: hehe

As for the rules they seem to be pretty much the same as in DLRP, only metal pins with (c) Disney can be traded, 2 per person per day etc etc .... they appear only to have OE pins to trade, no LE :( hopefully they will follow.

We are currently trading for two series, the hidden mickeys series ... (Maleficent is number 3 of 5 in the series)

and the cast lanyard series... (the others they had were Donald and Goofy)

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

Awesome! Hope the people at the Covent Garden store are trading tomorrow, might take a trip down there (bit busy on Saturday).

Snow_White_Girl

The Stitch one is SO cute, I want the Grumpy one too! ;) Though I think the only LE one I'll be after this month is the Evil Queen/Old Hag spinner... But we shall see! :lol:

\":lamp:\"

Agent Lex

I like the Stitch one too :) I think I might go after the house series, as well as the villains series, we'll see just how much it costs me :P

Masamune

:lol: My purse will be happy to know that I don't want any of the new releases. And out of the future releases, I'm only wanting the Evil Queen pin. :P Yay, I'll actually get to save some money!

:D I definatly want that Stitch Cast Lanyard pin. The lady I spoke to at the Manchester Disney Store yesterday said that their lanyards have pins from the American parks, DLRP and their own Disney Store UK series. The other UK Cast Lanyard series is Mickey Mouse dressed in the 3 different Disney Store uniforms that have been worn over time.

I really hope they start trading tomorrow like she said.

Agent Lex

I went on the prowl for some trading today, and I got some done!

After a lack of success at my usual store (Covent Garden) I went on a small tour of the London stores. At the Westfield centre store, the staff all seemed very enthusiastic about the pins, which I had on proud display on my new bag. They said they'd just got their pins in today, and were excited to be trading :)

I got the Stitch cast member one above, and also this one
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 9377828.v3

It's open edition, but it's from the US parks so I'm happy. I haven't traded away any of my spare LE pins yet, though...

Masamune

:P I'm trying not to get my hopes up about tomorrow, just incase it turns out that Manchester still hasn't started trading. Hopefully they will have though. :D I'm going to bring all the pins I'm willing to trade, just incase I'm spoilt for choice.

Masamune

:D Today I traded for the Stitch Cast Lanyard pin and this adorable Easter Stitch pin that is actually Limited Edition of 1200! It's from a $40 set in America, so I'm very happy with it.

Also, if you check out the "What's New" section on PinPics, you'll see that I've added the pics of 3 of the gift box pins. :P I got the Stitch one and my mum got the Mickey and Donald ones. I really wanted to list them on PinPics, but someone beat me to it!

Clarebelle

Did you have to trade a LE pin to get it? its adorable, I'm already looking on ebay

Masamune

:o No I didn't. I didn't even know it was Limited until I looked at the back. I just traded for it because I loved it! I traded a DLRP It's a Small World pin, and an old Disney Store UK Chronicles of Narnia pin.

The girl I traded with seemed more worried than excited about me being her first trade, as I don't think she was 100% sure about what pins were OK to accept. :) I explained a few things to her though, and she was fine. I just wish there would've been someone else to trade with. Another staff member said that the store has just 2 staff lanyards right now, so they would only be having one out at a time and then keep alterating them. :( Seems a shame that no one was wearing the other lanyard.

Clarebelle

Wow lucky you! I saw the Minnie Mouse from  that series today on a CM lanyard at Nowich, it was very tempting!  :wink:

Today I traded for Donald and Goofy from the Cast Member Lanyard series

Has anyone seen any others in this series?

Also managed to trade for one of the Mickey's in CM uniforms ...

But instead of trading for the other CM uniform Mickey's we decided to trade for ...

Blue Fairy Pin, I was really taken in by this pin, I have been looking for a blue fairy one, especially when I saw the inscription on the back "guest performer" so when I got home we checked it out on pinpic and found out that it is from the 45th anniversary parade in DL Anahiem, to get the pin you would have to be chosen to perform in the parade!! how cool would that be lol. so we also checked it out on ebay and at the moment it is selling for $13. Turns out to not have been a bad trade ;) Apparantly the boss traded it in because he didnt know what it was  :? I feel a little bad, but we traded fair and square

and on a previous trip we managed to trade for this little cutie

We saw him on a CM's waistcoat who traded with us in DLRP, so when I saw it on a Disney Store lanyard, I was going to have it ;) turns out its a really old pin and goes for around £20 on ebay :D lucky or what

Clarebelle

Also, the shock horror!!!
Our Disney Store didnt get ANY little mermaid pins  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Masamune

:) That's the full set as far as I know Clare. I made a group for all 8 CM pins on PinPics.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=5005

:D That Blue Fairy pin is lovely. I'm a big fan of the Blue Fairy, so I have 3 pins of her. I have the bigger version of your one, one from a Pinocchio booster back, and my fave of the three is one with translucent wings.

:P Today I traded for the Goofy cast lanyard pin, and a pin of Tink pulling a funny face.

:shock: Sucks about your store not getting the new Little Mermaid pins. Did you ask why?

Clarebelle

No we were in a bit of a rush (made two tips, hoping to catch different CM's so we could double trade, but that didnt happen :( ) luckily we bought 2 of the little mermaid pins online on Thursday