Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Lex

Picked up 2 Maleficent ones today, and a core one I hadn't seen before. I'm pretty sure it's London-exclusive, as it just says "LONDON" with Mickey standing next to it. In fact, it's this one.

Clarebelle

I got that one yesterday too, and a Disney's Lion King one from he west end show, along with the last Mickey Band leader and Buzz one in Covent Garden :D
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Agent Lex

That Covent Garden store is MY hangout! :evil:

:P

Masamune

:shock: That London one is 2 years old. Maybe they're trying to get rid of old stock?

Javey74

Two more Pin purchases..  :D

Hula Stitch - Standard £3

Tinkerbell - Standard £3

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune" :shock: That London one is 2 years old. Maybe they're trying to get rid of old stock?
Maybe. It was with a lot of other London-branded merchandise, so I think they're just promoting the London brand again.

That said, it does have an old "Disney Store Exclusive" logo on the back, so it's definitely old stock.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Agent Lex"
Quote from: "Masamune" :shock: That London one is 2 years old. Maybe they're trying to get rid of old stock?
Maybe. It was with a lot of other London-branded merchandise, so I think they're just promoting the London brand again.

That said, it does have an old "Disney Store Exclusive" logo on the back, so it's definitely old stock.

Wonder if Caerdydd has a distinct pin... hmm... Knew they had the branded merch as I got WTP in hoodies with Ddraig (Dragon) on with Cardiff splattered underneath.

Masamune

Has anyone heard any news recently about when Pin Trading will start?

Snow_White_Girl

Arghhh that Evil Queen pin looks AMAZING! I have a Snow White one already from DLRP so I think I need the Evil Queen just to carry on the collection! ;) Oh how I wish I had a job!  :(

\":lamp:\"

Masamune

:) The Evil Queen pin isn't released for over 3 weeks, so you have time to save up.

Snow_White_Girl

I'll be getting Easter money soon ;) hehe! But I know if I start collecting I'll get unbelievably addicted, I used to collect pins as a child (not Disney ones specifically, but everywhere I went of any note I used to buy a pin!) and I could see myself falling back into it quite easily...

I think I want the Little Mermaid Romance Series one too...   :lol:

Masamune

:P Think of what the bigger regret would be; buying a few really nice pins here and there, or not buying them at all. I didn't buy the St Patrick's Day Stitch pin to begin with, but then when it sold out at my local Disney Store I really regretted it, so I ended up going to another Disney Store to get it. Now I buy each new pin I want on the day of its release.

Snow_White_Girl

I gave in :lol: Bought the Maleficent spinner and the kneeling Tink pins in the Manchester Disney Store this afternoon! The Maleficent one is so cool, I can't stop spinning it :D I found one of the friendliest cast members I've ever encountered in a Disney Store too, she chatted with me for ages about the pins, cos I was taking ages to pick a core one lol! She was pushing for Hula Stitch but I couldn't be swayed from Tink  :wink: My poor boyfriend was completely bewildered by it all though, he ended up going into a different shop when I changed my mind about the core pin for about the 5th time!

I sense the top of a slippery slippery slope here....!

Masamune

:) Yeah, the Manchester staff members are really nice. I got chatting to one of them the other day about the Pin Trading Night at DLRP that I'll be going to in April. :P She was really interested. :D And hey, if you're gonna start collecting, you may as well start with the awesome villain set.

I'm most likely gonna head into town tomorrow to have a look at the Earth Day pin that's being released tomorrow.

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Masamune"I'm most likely gonna head into town tomorrow to have a look at the Earth Day pin that's being released tomorrow
So that's what that celebration pin is! I had wondered, since the text isn't exactly clear on the picture.