Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

id@53

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Grumpy core pin on the way?
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

Masamune

:P It sure looks like it.

Clarebelle

Just got back from Norwich with my latest perchases :D will upload pictures after a nice swim :D

Also bought  the Disney Store Exclusive Lanyard  :D/  very happy with it, going to get another when im in London, they are much better to keep Disney park passes in as the actually fit!!!!  :shock:

While I was there we managed to overhear that the staff will be getting Lanyards, and get given 20-30 pins to trade, didnt catch where they will be coming from tho :( and the girl serving didnt seem to know when it would be happening :cry: does anyone else know anymore?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

:shock: They've started selling lanyards? I totally didn't see any when I went in on Saturday. Were they on the shop floor somewhere, or behind the counter? :) Are they nice?

I can't wait for them to start proper pin trading. :lol: I actually keep three trading pins in my bag that I take to work with me, so if pin trading starts unexpectedly, I'll be ready!

Clarebelle

My collection so far
Celebration Pins

Online Editions

Limited Editions

Core Range

LANYARD!!! :shock:

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

I just love the collection you have there Clarebelle..  :D

Just think we can all expand our collections now, all through the Disney Store.. At last, Pins we can buy in store when we want to, instead of our collections stopping when we return from DLRP.  :wink: Well other than on-line or Ebay purchases, but it's not really the same experience is it ..  :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing..  :wink:  :D

These three are my first purchases from our local Disney Store.. :D/  :D/  :D/

Here's the first one which is an Open Edition - Pin on Pin, called 'Fab 5' [OE - POP £5]

This one, 'Wall-E' [Standard £3]

This one, 'Bolt' [Standard £3]

One other big thing I've noticed are the prices, they are a lot cheaper over here>>

[Standard] £3
[Open Edition - Pin on Pin/SF] £5
[Limited Editions] £5 to £7
[Booster Sets] N/A

Where as DLRP>>

[Standard] €6
[Open Edition - Pin on Pin/SF] €8.90
[Limited Edition] €10.50 upwards
[Booster Sets] €15.00 - €19.90

Masamune

Compared to DLRP, the prices are very reasonable. America still has the cheapest pins though.

casschr05

Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!!
My collection is growing slowly :lol: but is increasing every so often!
My sister went to London with her school today and covent garden was a destination
and she got a chance to pop into the lovely Disney Store there  :D/  :D/

She picked up for me:
Mickey Band Leader (LE pin)
Bolt (OE pin)
and the Disney Store Exclusive lanyard
 :D/
When I saw the picture of the lanyard above (Clare) I thought the insert was one of those cardboard things but its actually plastic and what is the 'VIP guest' thing about lol

But for any DLRP pin traders I think its worth the £3 and if you use your lanyard to hold your ticket the pouch is ideal for you! It seals up which is useful on the rainy days and it is slightly longer as well (I think :lol:)

Javey74

Quote from: "Masamune"Compared to DLRP, the prices are very reasonable. America still has the cheapest pins though.
Mmmm, what are there prices like..  :?:  :)

Quote from: "casschr05"Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!!
My collection is growing slowly :lol: but is increasing every so often!
My sister went to London with her school today and covent garden was a destination
and she got a chance to pop into the lovely Disney Store there :D/ :D/

She picked up for me:
Mickey Band Leader (LE pin)
Bolt (OE pin)
and the Disney Store Exclusive lanyard
:D/
When I saw the picture of the lanyard above (Clare) I thought the insert was one of those cardboard things but its actually plastic and what is the 'VIP guest' thing about lol

But for any DLRP pin traders I think its worth the £3 and if you use your lanyard to hold your ticket the pouch is ideal for you! It seals up which is useful on the rainy days and it is slightly longer as well (I think :lol:)
Yeah..It's amazing how your pins just start and grow over time without even realising it..  :wink:  I noticed the lanyards too at £3.00, red I think they were, well the ones I saw where as I got the last set of pins.  I tend to use my black Disneyland Resort Paris Lanyard when I'm at DLRP, it has a clip off part at the bottom with one Donald Pin, as I don't really use it for pins, it's more for my 'Javey74' ID card which has my avatar logo on it and advertises this Forum, it's also dual sided and laminate sealed, just as you say to keep the rain out..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Masamune

I think it's about $6-8 for core pins and about $10-12 for Limited Edition pins. Obviously it's the current exchange rate that determines if they're good value or not. When I went last year, the exchange rate was really good, so I ended up buying loads of pins.

Masamune

:) The new pins are up on the website. I'll be heading into town tomorrow to pick up the Maleficent spinner and the Aurora pin. I may get the Stitch spinner too. The Maleficent one looks incredible on the website. :D And apparently it's 1 of 5 pins in a series of Villain pins! A month from now they're releasing the 2nd one in that series; an Evil Queen/Old Hag spinner. What 3 other Villains do you think will be in the series? I reckon a Jafar pin, with either his Genie form or his snake form. Also, an Ursula/Vanessa pin.

:-k Next week they're releasing a new Celebration pin that I can't quite figure out what it's supposed to be celebrating. It appears to be Pooh and Piglet looking up at a tree. Maybe it could be for Earth Day on the 22nd of April?

Agent Lex

For completeness, the image of the new new pins range:

May just have to collect this villain spinner set :mrgreen:

Captain Pan

Darn it I'll just have to get the Enitre WTP range... Dare Say Wendybird will want her own versions of them too.

And finding out that I WILL be placed in Key Stage 1/Foundation Phase for my first teaching practice come May... I must get them. Why does my student loan come through at the end of April?

Masamune

Quote from: "Agent Lex"May just have to collect this villain spinner set :mrgreen:
:P I'm definatly going to be getting it. The frames on the Maleficent and Evil Queen pins are so pretty! I'll be heading off into town soon to pick up the Maleficent one.

:shock: I'll be at DLRP on the Saturday when the Evil Queen one is released, so I'll have to go into town on Sunday.

Masamune

:P I ended up buying the Maleficent one, the Stitch spinner and the Aurora one. The Aurora one is amazing. :o It's like twice the size of the Cinderella one in the same series. The Maleficent pin is smaller than I thought it would be, but it's still awesome. :) And the Stitch one is very cute. The frogs in the background spin, and his gun is Free-D.

Lol, £19 on 3 pins.