Walt Disney Studios Store changes

Started by phantom247, December 13, 2008, 03:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

I don't know if I would have noticed any change !! The racks of T-shirts look really cheap though and let down the look of it ! I'm sure if they made a small coffee shop or ice cream parlour in that corner it would entice people over ,who would then wander around the store !

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"It can't be just me who wouldn't have noticed the change? :lol:
I wouldn't have noticed them either! I still can't really see what they've done that's so drastic. Also, I hate the rack of clothes outside the doors, it just looks so cheap, like some awful tourist shop you get in Hollywood.
Quote from: "Timbo"I don't know if I would have noticed any change !! The racks of T-shirts look really cheap though and let down the look of it ! I'm sure if they made a small coffee shop or ice cream parlour in that corner it would entice people over ,who would then wander around the store !
I think the coffee shop/ice cream parlour is a great idea! WDS is missing little gems like we get on Main Street, they could totally have their own 1930s version of The Gibson Girl!

Anthony

Quote from: "luke85"I wouldn't have noticed them either! I still can't really see what they've done that's so drastic.
Here's how it used to look from inside :)

They got rid of those ugly silver lights above the window, though we also lost a picture of Walt.

luke85

OK, well at least those hideous lights have gone! Shame about the picture of Walt though, hopefully it'll find a place elsewhere?

Soap

Quote from: "Anthony"What are those black things to the left of the doors and right of the window? Drainpipes? Have they always been there?

It looks great from this angle anyway, ignoring those. Although after all that work they've shot themselves in the foot by filling the outside with the same balloons and "I heart MK" t-shirts you can find anywhere. If they want people to walk into more of the shops in the parks, surely they need to put different and interesting stuff outside? I think this would just flag in peoples' minds "oh, generic shop, no need to look in there..." :?

This really would make a wonderful little café now.

Your are totally right Anthony! A nice little bakery/coffeeshop would have been a great addition! Never noticed the drainpipes....hmm... :-k
DLRP should keep their focus more on quality and not only on quantity....

ps. indeed a pity for the lose of the great Walt pictures.....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Aveen2008

I loved the 2 shops in the Frontlot anyway, I am not sure about the changes but if it helps bring in more people then I guess that's good!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Just going to add some quick photos before they make their way on DLRP Today. At WDS Store, they're adding in two new window arches in the middle of the store's exterior, fitting neatly into the arches which were already in the building:

Inside, the middle area (where the old Pin Trading Station used to be, more recently a postcard stand) is all cordoned off, but I couldn't tell if they're putting more doors in here or just large windows...

Seems like the planter outside is gone for good, anyway.

RnRCj

Nice, round, windows! Definitely an improvement. :D

I hope one day the whole of Front Lot is refurbished. I think it's too open at the moment, and not cosy enough for the cold Parisian weather! We need more trees and some nice little food outlets and seating areas! :mrgreen:

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Anthony"
They're even advertising MMP inside the construction walls!

Timbo

Might just be me,but on those  round window frames the white bars look to be slightly different widths apart on each window ?!

Anthony

Quote from: "Timbo"Might just be me,but on those  round window frames the white bars look to be slightly different widths apart on each window ?!
Yes! So I'm not going mad then...

Perhaps this means one will be an extra door, the other just a window?

Timbo

Quote from: "Anthony"Perhaps this means one will be an extra door, the other just a window?
Either way they will still not match !!! Think it will look odd,but lets wait till it is finished before I shout too loud .... :roll:

Anthony

To be honest I quite like the idea of something in Front Lot and the original part of WDS that's a little off-centre... Like it was done by a human rather than a Bland Architecture supercomputer.

Unfortunately, despite all these changes and a few good ones like moving all the plushes into the "cosier" separate left-hand room of the store, it's still selling the same generic stuff inside, with little to no separation in the main part of the shop. It would be so easy to just stick a different name above these new doors specific to clothing, toys or sweets. Having 20 identical "Walt Disney Studios Store" signs does nothing. The shop was still empty all weekend whilst the very nicely divided and themed Legends of Hollywood was packed.

Riebi

Thanks for the pics anthony! I like that there´s finally some action at the frontlot and I think this doors could reach into a better use of the whole frontlot.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"To be honest I quite like the idea of something in Front Lot and the original part of WDS that's a little off-centre... Like it was done by a human rather than a Bland Architecture supercomputer.

Totally agree, will hopefully add some character to the area!