Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Yesterday was a special event in the parks and a special Stars n Cars was put on featuring a few special guests.

Links courtesy of Charactersphotoblog

[youtube:2lgxzam3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJuIbmWkETg[/youtube:2lgxzam3]

[youtube:2lgxzam3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-xV4ZSCdU[/youtube:2lgxzam3]

[youtube:2lgxzam3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5IiHDksj4[/youtube:2lgxzam3]
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

smurfy74

I guess owning 10% or whatever he owns has its benefits - i would love lotso and bullseye to stay though

mdw

:shock:  did i see huey duey and louie??????love them and the dwarfs, loadsa of characters! wish they were there when went 3 weeks ago. Its annoying the change things randomly, surely they should all start in April when magic moments was introduced!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mdw":shock:  did i see huey duey and louie??????love them and the dwarfs, loadsa of characters! wish they were there when went 3 weeks ago. Its annoying the change things randomly, surely they should all start in April when magic moments was introduced!

I am afraid it was only for 2 days when a rich prince paid 1 million Euros to add these for his stay.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

I don't know if that prince was Prince Alwaleed, but in my opinion TWDC or ED SCA should try to re-buy the 10%. Firstly it eliminates another party involved, although he hasn't a lot to say due to the whole company structure, but he still owns enough to be not ignored.

davewasbaloo

If it wasn't for him, DLP would have closed....also, he does speak out when he sees quality issues (TWDC would not). I think DLP is better for him than without. He has an amazing passion for the parks, and when we last spoke, that was immediately apparent (though that was a long time ago).

dagobert

That's interesting. I didn't know that. So you know Mr. Alwaleed?

Maybe you can convince him to invest heavily :lol: . But I don't think that TWDC wants him to invest. That would mean they have to sell more of their stakes and if I'm not mistaken they are binded by contract to hold at least a certain percentage of the company until 2030.

Do you really think Disney would have closed the resort? Honestly I think that would be such a PR dessaster. The next thing is that the French government was also involved. According to "Disney War" the French Secret Service placed microphones in the offices to get infos. There was so much money involved that I highly doubt the government and Disney would have backed out. I think it was to threaten the banks.

davewasbaloo

I do not know him per se, I have had the opportunity to speak with him twice though when we happened to be at the resort at the same time (similarly with John Lasseter, Micheal Eisner, Roy Disney Jr - though I spoke with him in DL many times as a lad). I dare say the Prince would not know me.

I am aware there were risk mitigation plans with the potential for closure or more likely sale (ripping a lot of the Disney IP out). Though I wonder if that was for negotaiting tactics. But it was dire at one stage. But on the flip side, how long can they continue to operate a shadow of a Disney resort, one that was the most magnificent when first opened?

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"But on the flip side, how long can they continue to operate a shadow of a Disney resort, one that was the most magnificent when first opened?

That's a good question. Something has to be done about the resort. DLRP is still in the reds and I highly doubt that will change in the next years. The reputation of the resort is bad, I mean when did you read something good about the resort in the medias that was not provided by Disney. The condition of the parks is still far away from where it should be, but I#m confident that the current refurbs going on will change that. Unfortunately WDS also needs a huge refurb programm. Have you seen the floor in Front Lot and in the rest of the park?

TWDC has also to take some responsibility. Although it is not wholly owned by them, they still have the last word on all decisions. Unfortunately TWDC is focusing on their own parks and on SHDL and Paris is left behind. Even in Hong Kong they are investing. When did they invest in DLRP the last time? I think it was WDS and that money was transferred to the ED SCA debt. The company also didn't invest in TOT and Toon Studios. That money came from a restructuring. I think SM was the last time when TWDC invested directly into the resort and SM is still owned by WDI and leases it to DLRP.

littlemermaid83

Has the new parade format started yet?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Tuvok

No, the 'new version of the parade' has been postponed to a date in september. The exact date is not yet confirmed, but at the moment it's scheduled to run tests after the summer season. That's good news for all you fans of the show on Place des Stars. It will stay for the time being. I'm for one are very happy to see it again in august!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

15MagicalYears

I'm glad I'll see the show one last time, it's good fun. Though I am looking forward to the conversion to a parade, can't wait to see how it turns out.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Tuvok"No, the 'new version of the parade' has been postponed to a date in september. The exact date is not yet confirmed, but at the moment it's scheduled to run tests after the summer season. That's good news for all you fans of the show on Place des Stars. It will stay for the time being. I'm for one are very happy to see it again in august!

Oh, wonder why it postponed. Look forward to seeing whatever they have planned.

peter

It may be that they just ran out of time to trial it before the summer season. The one thing you don't want is a dress rehearsal in the middle of peak season

tinkswishes

Quote from: "Tuvok"No, the 'new version of the parade' has been postponed to a date in september. The exact date is not yet confirmed, but at the moment it's scheduled to run tests after the summer season. That's good news for all you fans of the show on Place des Stars. It will stay for the time being. I'm for one are very happy to see it again in august!

How is it changing?