Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

@ Anthony: Yeah, that's what I thought, too ;)! I think the show itself may be nice, but I think I could get better pictures of both characters & cars if I stood at the place where you recorded the good-bye-scene, with the Hollywood Bvd in the background, that looks great :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Shame that 90% of the guests watching the cars drive by have no clue what's supposed to happen.  Lots of unhappy faces past weekend (and the months to come!)  

It has been said before, make it a full parade with dancers and the smaller vehicles that were once planned and have parade stops.

sara82

Quote from: "Elaine"We watched Stars n Cars two days running this week, and didn't watch the show at all  :lol: . We stood behind the stage, got to see some fabulous character mucking about, got some autographs and pictures, and I got to kiss Woody's cheek lol  :D/ .
The unofficial show at the back of the stage is great fun  =D> .

totallay agree with this my daughter was very lucky and got some quailty time with Mulan and Mushu one night and Jessie and Woody the next.

see my sig below :D

kitty

I am going to disneyland next week. (sooo excited)  I am such a huge monsters inc fan and noticed that the Sully meet and great is no longer schedualled and would be heart broken if i dont get to see Sully so im guessing a spot behind the stage would be the best place to stand if i wanna try and catch him?  I agree that the monsters inc car looks a bit lame compared to the rest and i think it would have been so sweet if they had of had boo in her monster costume in the car with sully.  anyone got any tips as to where to stand to try and grab sully or anyone know if he is out during the day usually?  cheers.
Erin

theverynk

I have a question, without reading 19 pages...
I have not gotten over to WDS yet to see S&C, and to be honest all I mainly care about is the meet n greet.
I could quite happily do without all the singing and dancin' - just give me Gaston and Stitch in a picture and I'll be made up!
So my question is, with the crowds, and the ropes and the very limited time they do the meet for, how good a chance is there currently of meeting characters?
I'm not wanting someone to just say "it's hard"... I can figure that out.
If I wanted to meet Gaston for sure, no questions, what is the best way? do they meet at set points around the roped off area? Do they try to get round everybody?

If there is no chance of us seeing Stitch and Gaston next time I'm over at WDS, then I prob won't see the show.
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

Aveen2008

Quote from: "theverynk"I have a question, without reading 19 pages...
I have not gotten over to WDS yet to see S&C, and to be honest all I mainly care about is the meet n greet.
I could quite happily do without all the singing and dancin' - just give me Gaston and Stitch in a picture and I'll be made up!
So my question is, with the crowds, and the ropes and the very limited time they do the meet for, how good a chance is there currently of meeting characters?
I'm not wanting someone to just say "it's hard"... I can figure that out.
If I wanted to meet Gaston for sure, no questions, what is the best way? do they meet at set points around the roped off area? Do they try to get round everybody?

If there is no chance of us seeing Stitch and Gaston next time I'm over at WDS, then I prob won't see the show.

I haven't been over to see this yet (will in Sep).. from what others are saying I don't think there is much opportunity for photos etc even standing behind the stage of Stars and Cars... you would just have to be very lucky.. It seems to be more signing autographs and stuff.. but it's worth a shot trying to get near him and asking for a photo. I think they go around and stop at random parts along the rope.

Though as Zanderstarz said a few posts earlier..
"Yes the cast of S'N'C are out everyday at 7:45-8:15 in Town Square. Not all of the characters are present but the majority will be there."

Therefore you may get a chance to meet Gaston by going here.

I was far more interested in Stars n' cars as either a normal parade or a meet and greet opportunity, i dont think the show looks that good really.

All the best
Luv Aveen xoxo

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "theverynk"I have a question, without reading 19 pages...

Though as Zanderstarz said a few posts earlier..
"Yes the cast of S'N'C are out everyday at 7:45-8:15 in Town Square. Not all of the characters are present but the majority will be there."

Therefore you may get a chance to meet Gaston by going here.

Well actually now Fanti is back I'm afraid the characters from SNC no longer go out in Town Square. However, Gaston and Mulan do not take part in DOUD and will usually do 3x 30min sets sometime after SNC in Fantasyland. But off the top of my head im not sure when possibly just after DOUD??? I will check this up for you. Oh and you can see Stitch usually every day in Discoveryland, he is normally back to back with the 'Dance Time in Discoveryland Show, you might have to check this out with City Hall on the day though to be sure.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

theverynk

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I have a few questions regarding some stuff in it for our upcoming trip!
I have seen some recent (like in the last week) pictures of the Stars n Cars characters over by IASW later in the afternoon... Any indication if this is now a regular thing? And if so, what times can we expect to find them there?
Also, does Gaston still meet in Fantasyland? Or is he meeting currently in the new Villains meets for the Halloween Season?

ALSO - lol - does Stitch ever meet in his Elvis outfit or his new DJ outfit? Does he ever do meets after Dance Time in his DJ outfit?

Thanks!!

Dan :)
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

The Butlin Boy

Notice anything new in this picture:

No!?! How about now...

Yes folks, the good news is that DLP are finally listening to my advise! :wink:

Even if it has been pre-recorded, it still makes a huge impact. Shame about the Scaffolding though :roll:

Poppy The Monkey

The Video-Sync on the Disney Channel building was introduced on July 20th 2009!

Mr_B

Sorry if i'm covering old ground but I came last year and this was the most badly planned parade ever (No anger aimed at the cast members they were great). we all really looked forward to this but it was just so hard to do anything ie take pictures, meet characters. My kids were so disappointed as I was. It just seems so inaccessable.

I wish they had more invites into the action. ie cast members letting ppl (especially kids through) to enjoy and become part of the magic. HSM does a pretty good job of this and my kids loved it.

Rant over.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Masamune

:? I'm so surprised to hear that Mr_B. I just got back from DLRP, and the audience interaction in that parade/show was great in my opinion. Whilst the show went on, characters that weren't doing a part at that time were interacting with/signing autographs for people who weren't stood in view of the show itself. IE, behind/to the side of the stage. Then after the show, there was a meet and greet session that went on for ages! Characters made their way around the whole area, even part way down the road that they travel to get to the stage. :) So no one missed out. Maybe it wasn't as organised back when you went.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :? I'm so surprised to hear that Mr_B. I just got back from DLRP, and the audience interaction in that parade/show was great in my opinion. Whilst the show went on, characters that weren't doing a part at that time were interacting with/signing autographs for people who weren't stood in view of the show itself. IE, behind/to the side of the stage. Then after the show, there was a meet and greet session that went on for ages! Characters made their way around the whole area, even part way down the road that they travel to get to the stage. :) So no one missed out. Maybe it wasn't as organised back when you went.

I have to say when I went in september the characters did do some meet and greet but not that much, they must have improved it, maybe it was because january is a quieter month or something
Luv Aveen xoxo

Reiana

When we were there last november, character interaction was great. Little one had a long talk with Mulan, of course I had to translate it. And she even gave popcorn to her and stitch. It was very cute  :stitch:  :stitch_bounce:

Aveen2008

awww!! so cute!

In September I let a little girl go infront of me as Lilo was going along quickly signing autographs but she stopped about 1 person before the little girl and then went to leave :( I felt so sorry for the lil girl she was screaming "lilo" so loud bless her!:(
Luv Aveen xoxo