Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

[/quote]

Its AGAIN once of these - "oh-lets-put-the-characters-on-the-stage-and-let-them-dance-to-well-known-disney-songs" - Shows.
Sometimes I think, the entertainment department gets no new ideas.
We have a half parade, and a show that looks like the dancing-shows we have since 1992!

I saw Stars and Motorcars at WDW and it had much much more atmosphere than our Event![/quote]
I completely agree with these comments !! Thought this when I saw the video a few weeks back,and so many people will miss the show because of the space limitations,seems to neither one thing or another,a proper Disney parade would have been better and stood the test of time better! Think this will look very boring in a couple of years;they would never have got away with this in the Disneyland Park,but because it is the Studios they think it is alright !!!! If this was the main daytime parade going down Main St with a bit of dancing at Central Plaza you would be very disappointed !!! :(

Kris

I do love how Minnie mentions MMP in her first parade-mode dialogue :)

Whatever happend to the other WDS MMP tie-ins such as posters etc? Kinda forgot those were missing
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Aveen2008

Does anybody else think the Monsters inc car is ..well pathetic to put it mildly? Its boring and looks empty even with Sulley in it and the car itself has hardly any theming except for the plate thing stuck at the back..I would rather the car was removed because it's so bad! :shock:
Luv Aveen xoxo

15MagicalYears

I do agree, the MI car looks very bland and boaring, I feel that there should be more laughter containers on the car, rather than the pathetic one in the back.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Whatever happend to the other WDS MMP tie-ins such as posters etc? Kinda forgot those were missing
There are posters in Front Lot where the 15th ones were, and displays in the two main stores. Actually, whoever put them together - those displays are brilliant. Legends of Hollywood has a load of retro Disney Shorts-style stuff laid out on a table, while Studios Store has a collection of Minnie-print items. A nice break from the bland, non-Mickey-ness of the event itself.

So yeah, you can just about tell MMP is happening in the Studios...

TowMater

http://home.disney.co.uk/travel/

I was finding out information for my next WDW holiday and found a Stars 'n' Cars clips featuring the very first rehersals.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kris

I wondered if we'd see these kind of videos pop up. Also on the Disney Parks youtube page perhaps. Everything looks great by night
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

"Just like in front of the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood..."

Erm, yeah. Except without anything resembling Hollywood in this corner of the park!

I like how even disney.co.uk can't find a host to translate with proper pronounciation now...

Nala_84

So now I've watched all the three videos of you, Anthony! They're really great, thanks for that  =D> Did you record them on the same day, was it all the same show?! Is it possible to change the places in one show?

And: Is it already clear if the Stars'n'Cars event will stay at least till Oct./Nov. 2010?  :lol: I hope so, because we won't return to DLP earlier :(!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

never2old

When we were leaving DLP on Monday (about 20:00, one hour after closing time) the characters from the Stars 'n' Cars parade were in Town Square: Mushi, Snow White with Dopey, Daisy and Donald...

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"So now I've watched all the three videos of you, Anthony! They're really great, thanks for that  =D> Did you record them on the same day, was it all the same show?! Is it possible to change the places in one show?
Thanks! I think I actually recorded them over three days.

It's possible to watch the show and then move away from Place des Stars to see the parade leave, while the characters are posing for photos. But you couldn't watch the parade arrive and then follow it over to Place des Stars to watch the show, you need to get there at least half an hour early for a decent view.

To be honest I prefer the parade sections anyway, could live without the show...

Elaine

We watched Stars n Cars two days running this week, and didn't watch the show at all  :lol: . We stood behind the stage, got to see some fabulous character mucking about, got some autographs and pictures, and I got to kiss Woody's cheek lol  :D/ .
The unofficial show at the back of the stage is great fun  =D> .

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Elaine"The unofficial show at the back of the stage is great fun  =D> .

Exactly! Thats where true disney magic is made, hehe! "Cameras ready!"
~ just like we dreamed it ~

zanderstarz

Quote from: "never2old"When we were leaving DLP on Monday (about 20:00, one hour after closing time) the characters from the Stars 'n' Cars parade were in Town Square: Mushi, Snow White with Dopey, Daisy and Donald...

Yes the cast of S'N'C are out everyday at 7:45-8:15 in Town Square. Not all of the characters are present but the majority will be there.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Aveen2008

yay that's great to know! Thanks :D
Luv Aveen xoxo