Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

And the redecorating was not much  :? .
I still think they should have a Stars and Motor Cars parade during the day.

MagicStar

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"I'm sure simply importing and redecorating the cars is soooooooo much cheaper than creating a whole new parade from scratch. Think of all the things you need for a new parade.
-Designers
-Composers
-Dancers
-Builders
-Drivers
-and so much more.

For DLRP it's a much cheaper option. Does'nt make it right or good. But i'm sure thats how they see it.

Don´t think so. They had a complete scatch from WDW.
Nothing had to be designed.
Composed
No new dance-steps
No new Floats to built

The thing is - they had to create a complete new show for Production Courtyard.
For that, they had to produce new Music, new dance steps, and a new concept.

If they would had taken the complete Stars and Motorcars - Parade concept from WDW... they wouldn´t had to spend money for a complete new dance show!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

Why not have them used in a 'Stars 'n' Cars Parade' during the day, and continue this show in the evening, renaming it 'Curtain Call at the Walt Disney Studios' or something? :P

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Why not have them used in a 'Stars 'n' Cars Parade' during the day, and continue this show in the evening, renaming it 'Curtain Call at the Walt Disney Studios' or something? :P

Why? Because Disneyland Resort Paris is not a very well-off company. Do you think they can afford to pay the wages of an extra 40 people just to do this show 5 times a day?? The same team do the DOUD and then Stars N' Cars - the system works perfectly, we don't have the budget for seperate parade teams, and the performers can only work for a maximum number of hours "on-set" during the day - after 2 parades the time is almost used-up anyway.

Quote from: "MagicStar"Hmmm - I don´t like our Stars n Cars... For me, its a waste of money to import all these cars and use them just for transporting the characters to these awwww-show :?

And having the cars wizz-past on a 10 minute parade, wouldn't be a waste of money?? With this concept, we have the parade, the cars are visible and fit the scene perfectly during the show, and then they are used again for another parade to leave the park!!

So really you get 2 parades and more thanks to this brilliant concept.... and much more use and value for money then if the cars were being used just for your bog-standard cavalcade!

zanderstarz

Poppy - couldnt have said it better myself!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kinou

It's totally NOT a brilliant concept:
How many guests are able to see the show mode on Place des Stars compared to a normal parade route from Rock to Carpets with show stops à la Cinema Parade ?  That would have been so much clever AND simple to organize for the guest flow teams. But I guess the "creative heads" that gave us Candlebration by day, Dance Time in front of the Star Tours entrance and Mickey's light suits for a daytime show, know what they're doing.... :roll:
Hug it out bitch !

MagicStar

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"With this concept, we have the parade, the cars are visible and fit the scene perfectly during the show, and then they are used again for another parade to leave the park!!

So really you get 2 parades and more thanks to this brilliant concept....

I just wanted reply, but Kinou said exactly what I think:

QuoteIt's totally NOT a brilliant concept:
How many guests are able to see the show mode on Place des Stars compared to a normal parade route from Rock to Carpets with show stops à la Cinema Parade ? That would have been so much clever AND simple to organize for the guest flow teams.

Its AGAIN once of these - "oh-lets-put-the-characters-on-the-stage-and-let-them-dance-to-well-known-disney-songs" - Shows.
Sometimes I think, the entertainment department gets no new ideas.
We have a half parade, and a show that looks like the dancing-shows we have since 1992!

I saw Stars and Motorcars at WDW and it had much much more atmosphere than our Event!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Magicalmouse125

I also saw Stars and Motorcars at WDW. There was a much brighter atmosphere around then.

I wish that we could have a new 'Parade' instead of this 'event' :x
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Kinou"It's totally NOT a brilliant concept:
How many guests are able to see the show mode on Place des Stars compared to a normal parade route from Rock to Carpets with show stops à la Cinema Parade ? That would have been so much clever AND simple to organize for the guest flow teams.

Oh how BORING!! How many times have we done parades with show-stops - seriously!

Finally we have nice new orignal concept, fitting in the with Studios theme and in my opinion being a HUGE impovement on the old boring version that ran at MGM.

And for the sake of the Guest-flow teams having to do a little more work, I think we have a much nicer event for the guests - and based on the reactions up to now; the guests love it!!

Anthony

I agree with Poppy and zanderstarz that it works much better as an experience like this than it would as a parade. Having all the characters from a full parade climb down and join together provides quite an impressive overload of performers on the stage unlike anything I can remember (besides Party Time) from the usually very skimpy DLRP...

...provided you can actually see it. For "the event of the day", as the opening announcement not-very-helpfully declares, the Place des Stars and its tiny, low-level stage really isn't wonderful. Coming out of Playhouse DIsney at 17:55, there was already one, possibly two, rows of people waiting in front of the stage! By 18:15, the entire circle is packed (how crap if you're stood at the back of the stage, seeing nothing...), including the parade route as far as Disney Bros. Plaza.

By 18:25, the parade route is lined. And I feel really sorry for all those people in the park who wait patiently on the parade route (as the Programme says), see it go past and then realise they've completely missed the main event.

Anthony

Video of the cavalcade arriving:

• Regular: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Arrival
• HD: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Arrival

It's a very good way of clearing the park bang on 7pm, draws everyone out onto the parade route.

littlemermaid83

I agree with poppy and zander, i really like the DLRP concept of Stars n Cars.  

People seem to forget that DLRP doesnt have the same amount of money then the other parks to completely jazz everything up.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"I also saw Stars and Motorcars at WDW. There was a much brighter atmosphere around then.

Hmmm, Poppy and myself work with a lot of Americans who used to do the old S'N'C at WDW and they all agree the Paris version is an improvement. There are many guests visiting from the States saying how much better the Paris version is in comparison to the WDW and California versions.

I would prefer as a guest, to see a show with a lot of character involvement, dancing and playback, than seeing a "parade" of just cars going past with silent characters just waving at me.

I have to admit though, the meet and greet should be cut from the production, simply because its not working. And guests should not be allowed to stand behind the stage.
Also Mulan should go on sets in the park!

In the future, i would like to have more playback for Stitch, Lilo, Daisy, Sulley, Woody & Jessie. And i would like to see the Incredibles and Frozone (using the Power Rangers car), the old Nemo float, and the Hercules car (including Herc, Meg, Pain, Panic, Hades) to appear in the production.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Anthony

Two more videos, the show and then the cars leaving:

• Regular: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Production Number
• HD: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Production Number

• Regular: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Departure
• HD: Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - Departure

Quote from: "zanderstarz"In the future, i would like to have more playback for Stitch, Lilo, Daisy, Sulley, Woody & Jessie.
Playback for anyone other than Minnie would be an improvement! In fact, cutting out a few bits of her speech would be good too, it gets to the point where you picture someone randomly bashing a button in the sound control. "Just look at my dress... Just look at my dress... Just look at my dress..."

Aveen2008

Thanks for the videos Anthony they are great!:)

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Monsters inc. Car is boring to put it mildly? Like looking at the Mulan car or the lilo and stitch one, they are brilliantly themed but the Monster's Inc one is really crap (just in my opinion), not only the car but to just have sulley in it is boring too.

I think they could have put Buzz in the Toy Story car too, to fill it up a bit and maybe Eric with Ariel...maybe that wasn't possible space wise which is fair enough but the monster's inc car leaves much to be desired!
Luv Aveen xoxo