Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Well the Cars are in Paris!!

I saw them about an hour ago in the backstage storage hanger and counted 13 they were....

- Monsters, Inc
- Toy Story
- Mary Poppins
- Star Wars
- Mulan
- Aladdin
- Hercules
- Evil Villains
- Lilo & Stitch
- The Little Mermaid
- Playhouse Disney
- Snow White
- Mickey and Minnie

Sadly, this means the cars took the storage space of the floats of the Disney Cinema Parade, only 2 floats are being saved for now "Cinema" and "Pinnochio", the rest are about to be distroyed.

The cars have been transported really well and are in great condition, but still we'll have to wait AT LEAST until November to see them in the park!!!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"I found out today from Cast Members who worked in the parade that the Power Rangers car and the opening car (which changed to a recent movie) stayed in Orlando.

Thank goodness, I would have hated to have seen the Power Rangers in the Studios, although I wouldn't have minded the opening car though :wink:

EDIT:
Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Well the Cars are in Paris!!

I saw them about an hour ago in the backstage storage hanger and counted 13 they were....

- Monsters, Inc
- Toy Story
- Mary Poppins
- Star Wars
- Mulan
- Aladdin
- Hercules
- Evil Villains
- Lilo & Stitch
- The Little Mermaid
- Playhouse Disney
- Snow White
- Mickey and Minnie

Sadly, this means the cars took the storage space of the floats of the Disney Cinema Parade, only 2 floats are being saved for now "Cinema" and "Pinnochio", the rest are about to be distroyed.

The cars have been transported really well and are in great condition, but still we'll have to wait AT LEAST until November to see them in the park!!!

Wooooo! It's great to hear that they are in Paris. And they've got the Star Wars one as well :mrgreen: It's a shame about the Cinema parade ones though :cry:

Nala_84

Wow, that's really great news, thank you!!! :)  :D/

I'm most excited to see...

- Monsters, Inc
- Toy Story
- Mary Poppins
- Mulan
- Aladdin
- Lilo & Stitch
- The Little Mermaid
- Snow White
- Mickey and Minnie

...well, that's almost all  :lol:

You said November?! That would be so great if they started the Parade for Christmas Season, so I could already see it in December, but let's wait and see :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

Cool that they are now at the studios!

Like the choice and like also that there are no power rangers cause I hate them :mrgreen:  maybe not the best merch decision but for me great!

What I miss is the muppets car.  :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Patrick

Cool that was rather fast, especially compared to the transportation of fantillusion, which took over a year to even get the floats ready to perform :lol: .
What I am looking forward to is Hurcules, now that is a car I didn't think Paris would get, this is really good news, to see a variation in characters in the parade at the Studios, compared to dlp :D .

Maarten

Quote from: "Riebi"What I miss is the muppets car.  :(

Exactly, that came to mind here aswell. Hopefully its in Paris, since the castmembers in Orlando said that only the Power Rangers car and opening car stayed overthere. But nonetheless, an excellent line up, I never expected Hercules in our Studios. I cant wait to see the Star Wars, Evil Villains and Mickey & Minnie cars once again.

Maybe the Entertainment Department in Paris can spruce the parade a bit up with some additional dancers and/or characters compared to Orlando's incarnation?

Soap

Wow, that's bloody fast!! Great news Poppy. Like to see that one on my next visit. Another great addition to WDS. It's becoming more and more a real day spent parc  :D

My like to see list:
- Star Wars
- Mulan
- Aladdin
- Hercules
- Evil Villains
- The Little Mermaid
- Snow White
- Mickey and Minnie
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

It really great that DLP have introduced a new parade to the European audience however I have a few worries:

Stars and motor cars whilst a good parade its has never been an amazing parade not very detailed or that exciting more simple than the newer parades. SO if DLP start making cuts to its i think it will be a really poor parade. Will be interesting to see if the R2D2 robot wil make it over.

Also there is a lot of spoken English in the parade, i know they often say things in multiple languages however this can sound a little odd and broken up I would hope they keep it in
English or all in French.

Will DLRP use the Hollywood Holly-day parade Christmas overlay, I hope so its a really great change for Christmas with not that many changes.

Maarten

Quote from: "Soap"Another great addition to WDS. It's becoming more and more a real day spent parc  :D

Technically its more of a replacement of the Disney Cinema Parade. Im not so sure if it will extend one's hours within the park that much compared to last year.  :P

Japper

Here are some backstage photo's of the cars :)

(this are not my photo's, but they are taken/uploaded by someone else! I just found them on the internet and reuploaded them on imageshack

[spoiler:2t3dmztd]

[/spoiler:2t3dmztd]

Anthony

Thanks Japper. Obviously very exciting and interesting to see, but since we've got a policy of no backstage photos allowed, I've put them into spoiler tags pending a final decision from raptor1982. We don't want to get into trouble here.

Edit: We're making an exception on the photos for now. :wink:

Maarten

Thanks Japper! I can see the Muppets car after all, its between the Alladin and Little Mermaid cars.

By the way, a bit offtopic; I always wondered where the storage for the Studios' parades is (like you can see in the pics). I assume they won't travel those floats and cars to the storage behind Its A Small World every day right?

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, a bit offtopic; I always wondered where the storage for the Studios' parades is (like you can see in the pics). I assume they won't travel those floats and cars to the storage behind Its A Small World every day right?

Off topic i know but...
The DCP floats used to be stored just behind the Chaparral theatre. Once the parade did its last performace most of the DCP floats were (until today) moved to the main parade building (behind Small World).

Today, they were destroyed *sheds a small tear*

Back on topic...
Every now and again we can see the cars being driven around backstage, the drivers seem to be having a lot of fun  :P
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Remco K.

Quote from: "Maarten"I can see the Muppets car after all, its between the Alladin and Little Mermaid cars.
Unlike Disney's Hollywood Studios, we've no Muppets attraction on our studios. So, just a thought, can it be the Muppets car will just feature other Disney characters?

Kristof

I heard a few of the DHS cars will be rebuild and rethemed to different movies but I don't know which ones yet.