Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "DLRP Today"On Monday, Disney Cinema Parade took its final bow. Today, official confirmation that Florida's Stars & Motor Cars Parade will be its successor has finally come from within Disney. What's more — it sounds like the Pixar Play Parade could be its successor!

The Walt Disney World fan podcast WDW Today has scored an exciting exclusive not just for their own fans, but for Disneyland Resort Paris too.

In an interview with Walt Disney World's producer for special events and projects, Thomas Tryon — the man charged with bringing Block Party Bash over from California, we can finally hear the first ever official confirmation to the public that Disney Stars & Motor Cars Parade is heading to Paris.
Transcribed excerpt from the interview:
Quote from: "Thomas Tyron, WDW show producer""It's a part of a new strategy that we've been looking at for Disney parks in general, to allow us, when we have such a great product, to say — let's extend the life of that particular show or product by moving it to another location and getting more use out of it. So this is a part of an overall strategy, really focusing on parades, to say — how can we transfer those assets and use them in multiple places, since we know they're successful creatively, we know they're successful with the guests — let's get as much out of that as we can, so that more guests get to experience it than those that might just see it in one park in California.

"So that was also a part of the process of decision-making — what kind of strategy do we use to move parades, what are the parks that get connected together, and how is that designed to function? In this case, Disney's California Adventure was most comparable to the Studio here in Florida, and in the same way Walt Disney Studios in Paris is also comparable.

"So those three parks are working together now. We moved the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade to Paris, and it will be a new parade for them next season ..."
» Source & More

The Butlin Boy

Well at least we've finally got some confirmation of a new (sort of) parade in the Studios.

Quote from: "DLRP Today""And now Pixar Play [Parade] – the intent is that it would be able to move to Paris after it has finished its run in California."

It is quite weird actually, on of the first things I thought when I saw the first pics and videos of the Pixar play Parade was how I could see it happening in the Studios, which I think will be great, but part of me wants a new unique parade in the Studios :)

Kristof

Quotebut part of me wants a new unique parade in the Studios :)

Didn't we just had that?  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quotebut part of me wants a new unique parade in the Studios :)

Didn't we just had that?  :wink:
Another one! :roll:  :lol:

lil-shawn

it would be great when Pixar Play Parade comes to our studios, but i think stars and motorcars ar not so bad at all.
U have to think that we disney fans know the parade for years, but what is with the regular guest for them it would be new.
and i think disney don´t border if we little group of DLRP fans don´t like it thet much. What is when the pixar play parade comes over here in lets say 5 years we don´t wanna se them anymore because its old or do i think wrong?

TowMater

Since Disney Cinema Parade went and Stars & Motor Cars Parade is coming next year, Is there a parade or old pre-parade in the studios for about a year?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Remco K.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Another one! :roll:  :lol:
Somthing unique and new to our resort will always be a great thing, but DLRP is still in the situation where it has to be careful how to spend money. Recycling a parade that'll still be unique to DLRP is a great idea.

Perhaps EuroDisney S.C.A. will ever reach the same position as OLC in the far future? :wink:

Dlrpfan

Not keen what so ever in seeing Pixar's Play Parade in WDS as I think it wont exactly fit in well with the current park
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

MinniesBestPal

OOOH! I hope they use Cruella's car! I love Cruella's car, but shes a terrible driver!

TowMater

I just discovered, Why didn't they just re decorate the Good Morning WDS cars?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

Because there are/were only about four of them, and they're hired from a nearby collector each Summer season.

I'm not sure, but I'd imagine the SMCP ones were built from scratch, a bit like parade units dressed to look like old cars? Does anyone know more about the parade from when it premiered in 2001? Would be good to get some Disney fun facts...

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"I'm not sure, but I'd imagine the SMCP ones were built from scratch, a bit like parade units dressed to look like old cars? Does anyone know more about the parade from when it premiered in 2001? Would be good to get some Disney fun facts...

The cars are indeed build from scratch, except for two which are real oldtimer cars (the car with Mickey and Minnie at the end and another one I forgot)... so technically its quite new. Another fact is that several cars have been removed (like the Hercules car) while others were added (like the Power Rangers).

Anthony

Thanks Maarten. Hercules seems to have been wiped from history for some reason, so that doesn't surprise me.

I think this is the full listing of cars:

- Power Rangers
- Monsters, Inc
- Toy Story
- Mary Poppins
- The Muppets
- Star Wars
- Mulan
- Aladdin
- Hercules
- Evil Villains
- Lilo & Stitch
- The Little Mermaid
- Playhouse Disney
- Snow White
- Mickey and Minnie

Fifteen possible cars, that's a long parade for Paris. In a dream world, cars for The Incredibles (maybe Mr Incredible's actual car?), Ratatouille, Jack Sparrow and the White Witch from Narnia would make great additions.

Let's just hope Philippe is a parade fan and we don't get another Fantillusion axing...

Kristof

I found out today from Cast Members who worked in the parade that the Power Rangers car and the opening car (which changed to a recent movie) stayed in Orlando.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"I found out today from Cast Members who worked in the parade that the Power Rangers car and the opening car (which changed to a recent movie) stayed in Orlando.

I don't think this is too surprising.  I have often wondered why they do not do much with Power Rangers at DLP (licencing issues perhaps).  although I am not a fan, my two little ones love them to bits.
since 2001 (many before that)