Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Have you also heard if there's a chance that the parade could start this year's winter season?  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Poppy The Monkey

At the moment the parade(s) are previewed for the Christmas Season, with the offical launch next March.

But the plans are at the moment is for the parade to be split into 3 small parades - 3 times a day using 4 or 5 cars different for each parade.

I really hope they change this and put the parade out in its full form.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"I heard a few of the DHS cars will be rebuild and rethemed to different movies but I don't know which ones yet.

For some reason I've got the feeling that certain Pixar properties will replace Star Wars, Muppets, Mulan and or other rare film proprties in the Stars & Motorcars Parade.

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"I really hope they change this and put the parade out in its full form.

Me too. I hope they will keep it one parade.

Snow_White_Girl

I never saw this parade 3 years ago due to there being a very bad thunderstorm the day we were at DHS, as a result the parade was cancelled :( So I'll be interested to see it if/when it comes to DLP :)

\":lamp:\"

Nala_84

Thanks for the info Poppy :)!

I really hope they won't split the Parade, but no matter how many cars there'll be, it'd be great if they'll start it during Christmas Season  :D/ So I can probably see it, too!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

zanderstarz

Today the Parade Managers announced that Stars and Cars will be similar to Florida by name and floats ONLY. Paris inteneds to produce and entirely NEW concept featuring new dance units, 'skill' units (stilt walkers, sky runners), and characters. The characters mentioned are Pixar - Incredibles, Ratatouie, Robinsons (highly unlikely), and the old Nemo float from DCP. Rehearslas are due to start in December with the opening in March 2009.

It would be nice to see maybe a few Bugs Life characters thrown in here and there but that idea like the Robinsons one, seems pretty farfetched. I also highly doubt that Paris will be using the Playhouse Disney, Aladdin, Mermaid and Muppets floats, but we shall see...
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Maarten

Thanks for the info Zanderstarz!

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Today the Parade Managers announced that Stars and Cars will be similar to Florida by name and floats ONLY. Paris inteneds to produce and entirely NEW concept featuring new dance units, 'skill' units (stilt walkers, sky runners), and characters. The characters mentioned are Pixar - Incredibles, Ratatouie, Robinsons (highly unlikely), and the old Nemo float from DCP.?

I think Stars & Motorcars can highly benefit from dance units and skill units between the cars. It is hardly a surprise that they are planning to add The Incredibles and Ratatouille, but who even remembers The Robinsons? Hopefully they will keep Playhouse Disney, Star Wars and the Muppets (although I fear the last two won't be part of Paris' Stars & Motorcars). Playhouse Disney however would be a possibilty since we will get Playhouse Disney: Live on Stage aswell. Until then I'm positive about the plans of plussing the exsisting parade with dance units... Can you imagine this parade being superior to its first incarnation?! I hope Paris will do the trick.  :wink:

QuoteRehearslas are due to start in December with the opening in March 2009.

Why didn't Disney Cinema Parade run till Christmas?

Riebi

That sounds far better then this splitting-nightmare. I´m also hoping for Star Wars and Muppets!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Japper

That sounds good! A classic disney parade in the disneyland park and a 'new characters/pixar' parade in the studio park! Just like in anaheim (Parade of Dreams and Pixar Play Parade)!

Nala_84

Oh, so it won't run in December?  :(
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"Oh, so it won't run in December?  :(

We don't know yet, but we will keep you and the other trip planners posted when soft openings will happen.  Don't worry!

Nala_84

Okay, thank you :)!

I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, and if the parade or at least soft-openings will run in December when we'll be there, I'll be the more excited and happy about it ;)!
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

This was posted 2 days ago on www.wdsfans.com

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"The Entertainment Department at Disneyland Resort Paris has decided to rename the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade. Currently the work name is "Disney's Stars 'n' Cars Event". Yes, that's EVENT, not parade. Early reports indicate that the original parade will be split up into three groups of cars that will come out in the park at the same time and entertain guests at the stops on Backlot, Production Courtyard and Toon Studio.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"This was posted 2 days ago on http://www.wdsfans.com

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"The Entertainment Department at Disneyland Resort Paris has decided to rename the Disney Stars and Motor Cars parade. Currently the work name is "Disney's Stars 'n' Cars Event". Yes, that's EVENT, not parade. Early reports indicate that the original parade will be split up into three groups of cars that will come out in the park at the same time and entertain guests at the stops on Backlot, Production Courtyard and Toon Studio.

Thanks Raptor! I have heard this news a few weeks ago and I am still not sure what to think of it. On one hand I would like to see it in a normal parade mode, on the other hand this new concept could work really well. However, is it really Disney's Stars & Cars Event or rather Disney's Stars & Motorcars Event? Not that it would make much of difference anyway, but I have to ge used to the slightly altered name (remember Toon Studios- Toon Studio haha).

Kristof

The concept art I've seen says "Disney's Stars 'n' Cars Event".