Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Quote from: "stuarthulluk"
Quote from: "kinou"You'll be very lucky indeed.

You'll be able to catch the farewell Princess/Wonderful World of Disney Parade on the 23rd then get to see Once Upon A Dream the next days....  :wink:
ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!

please tell me you are...... is that correct
That's what I heard too!

ChipChap

Hm...
I got an invitation for the press event and there is written, that the we will be the first to see the new Parade...and this event is on the 30thmarch-1st april
Movie Park Germany - Hooray I\'m in the movies!

Riebi

Yes that what I´ve heard too.
But maybe it´s something like a "soft opening" or a "dress or general rehearsal" to see the reaction of the visitors and make last changes.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kinou

yeah it was like the press event for Buzz where the guest were "the FIRST" to ride it :D!

The parade will run for a week before the press event in order to be able to adjust any late problems.
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

The anniversary blog (though only the French one?) has a photo of bungee rehearsals...

http://fr.blog.disneyland15.com/2007/03 ... s_pou.html

For the Pinocchio section of Dreams of Laughter and Fun.

Patrick

LOL that definately is funny to see, ah it's nice to see progress in such things, Disney definately are stopping at nothing with this publicity are they :wink: .

Anthony

The latest show & parade times reveal the grand, official premiere of Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will be at 14h45 on 31st March 2007.  It will then be performed at 16h00 every day from 1st April onwards.

Poppy The Monkey

14:45 I believe now Ant.

But get there earlier anyway.

The Cinema Parade will be moved to 12.15 exceptionally for this day too.

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"14:45 I believe now Ant.

Ooops yeah, I don't know I typed that.  It's strange to have the DLP parade at something-45.  I guess the earlier times are something to do with the press event?

I hope crowds don't build too soon for the parade... It's been that long since there was a new parade, and there's so much anticipation... I can imagine people camping out all morning on Main Street. :?

Japper

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"14:45 I believe now Ant.

Ooops yeah, I don't know I typed that.  It's strange to have the DLP parade at something-45.  I guess the earlier times are something to do with the press event?

I hope crowds don't build too soon for the parade... It's been that long since there was a new parade, and there's so much anticipation... I can imagine people camping out all morning on Main Street. :?

Well , with all the negative comments by castmembers on the parade , I don't think the fans are that enthusiastic anymore  :?

Kristof

Excuse me?  I've only read positive comments on Disney Central Plaza by all CM who have seen the parade.

And the CM's I've spoken with all love it.  Maybe it's just the fans who keep on complaining on message boards about the size, without even seeing the actual parade.

Japper

Really? Yesterday I spoke with a castmember that kept complaining about
everything! The size of the floats were defenitely too small! The last 2 floats
were rubbish! And overall he rather had the old parade back  :?

btw , here a new image of the parade! I think it's the float with the little mermaid on it ! //http://stud.hro.nl/0786078/IMG_2389.JPG

stuarthulluk

Is it still shedules for the 24th march

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Japper"Well , with all the negative comments by castmembers on the parade , I don't think the fans are that enthusiastic anymore  :?

Eh? I've heard comments like that in some cast circles, but not the majority and not those who have seen the floats in the park!

There were some small concerns over the size of the parade, and the space for certain characters.

The main problems were the Pinnochio units' bungee hoist being shorter than first thought.

The balloon for Mickey and Minnie being too small, and the Gazebo for Belle and the Beast too small for both the costumes.

But all these have been accounted for and where needed characters moved, floats adjusted and choreography changed, and the outlook for the parade is extremely positive - everyone I know is buzzing and very exciting for it.

Japper

Well , that's good news!

I heard it from 3 castmembers who watched it in the nighttime at thursday!
They complained about rafiki not fitting under the tree. The figures at Alice'
float looking like muppets. One said that the final two floats looked like crap.
And that the stops didn't add that much..

:? Well , we will see it next saterday!

(sorry for the bad english)