Updated Google Earth photos

Started by roaldbergmann, September 09, 2008, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

Finally we get some new (or newer) photos of the WDS. They're taken in 2007 but still shows TOT, Crush Cars.... nice.

Hat tip: WDSfans.com

Disneyland Paris Treasures

That's great news! Hopefully that means Google Maps will get the new material too.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Mobi"That's great news! Hopefully that means Google Maps will get the new material too.

google earth and google maps are the same thing using the same data ;)

They have updated almost all of paris region, i could find DLRP straight away :P

As for those images they were from oct 21st 2007 so they are fairly old :)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Willow

You can also see the Character Express and the Halloween Pre-Parade in Disneyland Parc about to line up by IASW.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"google earth and google maps are the same thing using the same data ;)
Obviously they are updated separately as Google Maps is still using the old material:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl= ... 4&t=h&z=17

See? No Tower Of Terror or Crsuh Coster - yet.

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"... As for those images they were from oct 21st 2007 so they are fairly old :)
How can you be so sure about that exact date?? Do you also know the date of the imagery currently still used on Google Maps?

Nicholas-c

with latest version of google earth in the bar at bottom there is a date of when the "photo" was taken :)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"You can also see the Character Express and the Halloween Pre-Parade in Disneyland Parc about to line up by IASW.

Yeah I found them too, I was pretty impressed with myself when I found them and figured out which one was which :roll:  :lol:

Anthony

Wow, and the black and grey Toon Studio checkerboard looks even more ugly from the air!! :shock:

And isn't Crush huge?! It's almost the same size as the whole Disney Channel building.

Overall, it looks much more like a theme park this time round.

Nala_84

Thanks for the pics :)! I hope they will add them to google maps soon, too!

By the way, a bit offtopic maybe: Where shall this Toy Story Mini-Land be situated - just onto that little greenery behind AODA? And what about the huge forest behind the Tram Tour, is that also belonging to the Studios Area?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"Thanks for the pics :)! I hope they will add them to google maps soon, too!

By the way, a bit offtopic maybe: Where shall this Toy Story Mini-Land be situated - just onto that little greenery behind AODA? And what about the huge forest behind the Tram Tour, is that also belonging to the Studios Area?

Toy Story land will go on the grass and continue on the current Tram Tour path.  The forest will stay and will never be removed.  The future WDS expansion will go next and behind it.  :)

Nala_84

Oh okay, thank you very much for the info :)! I guess now I can imagine better how it could look like ;)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

roaldbergmann

Quote from: "Kristof"The forest will stay and will never be removed.  The future WDS expansion will go next and behind it.  :)

And why is that? That seems rather stupid. A future expansion would fit perfect there...

Kristof

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"
Quote from: "Kristof"The forest will stay and will never be removed.  The future WDS expansion will go next and behind it.  :)

And why is that? That seems rather stupid. A future expansion would fit perfect there...

Cutting down a protected forest would be stupid.  :wink: Besides, the forest will be integrated in the future layout of the park.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "roaldbergmann"

Cutting down a protected forest would be stupid.  :wink:

Then why does the Studio Tram Tour route plough right through it? :lol:

Kristof

Because that small bit next to Imaginations is not protected of course.  A certain amount of hectare is not allowed to be cut, it's simply as that.