Updated Google Earth photos

Started by roaldbergmann, September 09, 2008, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

Why couldn't they just keep some other forest-areas on their property instead of this little lot right in the middle of the park? Maybe they can replant some new forestareas, further away from WDS? (I just hate that these trees stand in the way of a harmonic layout of the future WDS...)

MagicStar

QuoteCutting down a protected forest would be stupid.  :wink: Besides, the forest will be integrated in the future layout of the park.

Yeah - and it gives the new future -area and the whole park the missing green so many fans are complaining about ;-)
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Riebi

Quote from: "MagicStar"
QuoteCutting down a protected forest would be stupid.  :wink: Besides, the forest will be integrated in the future layout of the park.

Yeah - and it gives the new future -area and the whole park the missing green so many fans are complaining about ;-)

I also have no problem with this forest. It´s green and the could easily integrate it a bit in the park as a recreation area or something
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

PinkPig

I'm glad the forest's staying - much better that they integrate it into the park than destroy it and add more concrete!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "PinkPig"I'm glad the forest's staying - much better that they integrate it into the park than destroy it and add more concrete!

Same here, and you never know, it could come in handy in the future... :)

penfold12

Raptor, when you say the forest is going to be intergrated in the future development of the park, do you mean that they will build round it, or that it will actualy become a part of the park, as in some backdrop, or feature?

I know that in todays PC world they wouldnt let people walk through the forrest, particularly if it is protected, so how do you mean it will be intergrated?  :D

Anthony

I'd imagine it'd work well to have the Tram Tour running around it, with several new scenes kinda "within" the forest.

Just guessing... :-"

Maarten

Quote from: "Anthony"I'd imagine it'd work well to have the Tram Tour running around it, with several new scenes kinda "within" the forest.

Just guessing... :-"

Ah, that would give it a true studio backlot kind of feel huh?  :lol:

I would like them to buid some new EuroDisney SCA offices at the location of the current forest and theme the exteriors to studio offices. Hopefully that would give the Studio Tram Tour a true backlot kind of feel to it. Or perhaps build a backlot themed filmset, in which you are transported to a Hollywood studio backlot? A fake set surrounding another fake set. :lol:

Its getting confusing now, never mind.  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Or perhaps build a backlot themed filmset, in which you are transported to a Hollywood studio backlot? A fake set surrounding another fake set. :lol:
:lol: *scratches head*

The only bad thing about keeping STT over that side of the park is the way they built Catastrophe Canyon SO close to the EDSCA offices. I mean, WHY is it right over there? Does it power their sewage system or something? I feel like I could wave to Karl Holz from over there, or see him sat in his office counting out euro cents for a new bench.

I mostly don't like that road leading up to it which runs right next to the backstage road. Is there seriously no room for a bigger hedge? We're going to be stuck seeing the unpainted behind of Studio 5 and yellow CM shuttle buses from the ride forever. :|

burntsienna

Could it be possible that they do like a water feature there? but a Hollywood themed one. though that would mean getting rid of some of the trees.
They could just put some benchs there, and maybe one of the little food stall things.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

TowMater

Is there another thing to have a look at DLRP from above without using Google Earth?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "TowMater"Is there another thing to have a look at DLRP from above without using Google Earth?

Yes, Google Maps is using the same satellite imagery: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&hl= ... 2&t=h&z=15