Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toritinker

Thanks for this timmy "Perhaps you are used to cheaper parks not that far away. Or perhaps you like many others here (but still in minority) just like the cheap look of Toy Story Playland."  :x

how nice of you to judge me when you don't know about my life. I've been lucky enough to visit the parks in America actually and I love DLP!!! It's as if you think just because you have money to travel so much (all you bang on about) that you can people that they are wrong for liking what they have saved hard for to see. Your post has made me feel really upset and quite angry. :(  I hope you take note of the warning   [-o< and this thread can return back to TSPL discussions (NOT you making people feel like rubbish!!!!!)
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks Claire oooo I can't wait to see his expression,  I am seeing the third one tomorrow, hope I don't cry! I hope you do manage to go in December, love the park at that time of the year! :D
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

davewasbaloo

It is very gentle and mild. At least the equal ride in DCA is, so I suspect this will not be very different.
since 2001 (many before that)

claire2281

Quote from: "toritinker"Thanks Claire oooo I can't wait to see his expression,  I am seeing the third one tomorrow, hope I don't cry! I hope you do manage to go in December, love the park at that time of the year! :D

I think anyone who doesn't cry just isn't human imo! :D

I've been sorting out my videos from my trip and thought I should post this here: the army men drop testing. You can hear some of the Sarge voice over stuff. And I did take a peek over at the big Buzz too. Apologies for how wobbly it is - I had to take it whilst walking.

[youtube:10cn29a9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFzdwHq8LjA[/youtube:10cn29a9]
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DisneyMAD..Woops

A little point I made earlier:
TSPL is like Marimite, you either love it or you hate it
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

davewasbaloo

Funny, I feel very much similar about MArmite to the way I feel about TSPL.

toritinker

thanks for sharing your vid claire! yes can indeed hear the voice overs...wooo!! :)
Sante Fe - December 2008

DisneyMAD..Woops

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Funny, I feel very much similar about MArmite to the way I feel about TSPL.
Same, I love marmite and I love TSPL :) I think it may be the opposite with you though,, oh, well everybody's entitled to their own oppinions :)
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

tubbsy

Quote from: "DisneyMAD..Woops"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Funny, I feel very much similar about MArmite to the way I feel about TSPL.
Same, I love marmite and I love TSPL :) I think it may be the opposite with you though,, oh, well everybody's entitled to their own oppinions :)

:lol: Mbe we need to run a poll to see if our feelings about marmite and TSPL run parallel! We have one hate marmite and TSPL and two like marmite and the idea of TSPL! Now marmite with cheese spread! :lol:

Rob is hunting out all his potato head pieces and Jessie, Woody and Buzz are all primed for their trip in a few weeks-I am just going to have to try and persuade him to leave Mr Potato Head behind :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

haha i HATE marmite but LOVE TSPL!!!! :)

oh my, good luck taking all those toys hehe!!!
I'm going to be buying one of those pick n mix potato heads in disney hehe!!
x
Sante Fe - December 2008

tubbsy

:lol: Ah my theory falls at the first hurdle!  :P
I've told Rob about making his own Potato Head pick n mix so hopefully he'll leave him behind :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Timbo

For all the debates about TSPL nobody has been in it yet !! So no matter how many photos and videos over the fence we see you really can't tell what is is going to be like.Some people may be very disappointed when they thought they would love it, and some haters of it may end up quite liking it !
It is like trying to do a review of a meal in a restaurant by looking at a photo of a plate of food ! Just wait and see how it turns out !
I am not keen on the idea of it at all , but will wait till I have been to pass more comment !

davewasbaloo

Having personally done a walk through, I still hated it.

tubbsy

Well we'll all see soon enough. And like I said Dave I promise to take my rose tinted glasses off when we go. I can see Rob loving stuff but tbh just being back in Disney will hopefully take out the sting in the tail if we dont like it. I'm hoping I will like it-(sorry rose tinted glasses going on again)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

disneyrules

I have never tried marmite :P , but i love toy story playland :thumbs:
I think everything ive seen so far looks really good :)
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

toritinker

i always think it's better to look on the positive in life than think the worst of something. even in something you may not like, there is always a positive to be found :)
Sante Fe - December 2008