Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

I liked the decoration for the 15th birthday, but now I would like to see the Main Street and the castle without any decorations.

Willow

I like the song of the new music, at some points it sounds a bit like the Pixar Play Parade (California Adventure). I was still hoping for the second track from the Party Express at Tokyo Disneyland for Minnie's Party Train. (The first is Tous en Train).

The Butlin Boy

A new MMP visual has been released:

http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-140-nouveau-visuel.html

What do you all think?

I personally hope that they don't use this, it looks really dull and grey, especially the castle and the crowds. For what looks like its going to be the most colourful year ever, this looks very dull to me. But perhaps it's just me... :wink:

casschr05

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I personally hope that they don't use this, it looks really dull and grey, especially the castle and the crowds. For what looks like its going to be the most colourful year ever, this looks very dull to me. But perhaps it's just me... :wink:

I agree  with you
it looks almost depressing compared to the lively concepts we saw late last year  :?
It is an official visual isn't it? to be it feels like a step back!!!

Kristof

It's not a key visual, don't worry.  It's just a supporting visual that won't be used a lot, or even at all.

Edit: it looks even worse when enlarged:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/681/waltdisneyballonscotilldx4.jpg

Reiana

Well, I don't think it is depressing. It's only boring. :-# No fun at all.
It looks like Mickey is making an announcement for whatever, but no party.
Promoting a party for "the one and only mouse" must be quiet difficult, it seems.
Poor Mickey.
It seems to me they try to hide the fact, that it is Mickeys 80th birthday by all means. Doesn't look to good to have a character that could be easily your grandfather, if you know what I mean.
And what about Minnie? Isn't she the same age as Mickey? All she'll get is a repainted train? Poor Minnie too.

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"It's not a key visual, don't worry.  It's just a supporting visual that won't be used a lot, or even at all.
Isn't it just for the Mickey Star contest? It was released at the same time as that stuff.

I doubt we'll be seeing it anywhere. (Other than being fed through a shredder...)

Kristof

Concept art for Minnie's Party Train has been revealed in a new teaser photo for the event.

Clarebelle

Wow the concept design looks pretty, lets hope its a worthy replacement for the Character Express
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

It looks very girly  :)

What I'm really going to miss is the Tous en Train music... Hope the new one is a worthy successor!!

id@53

Quote from: "never2old"What I'm really going to miss is the Tous en Train music...

Has it been confirmed that Tous en Train is going?
It is the one piece of music that is guaranteed to bring tears to the wife's eyes  :D
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

MizzRabbit

Oh goodness I hope they wont replace Tous en Train. I love it so much! Well, I have to see this theme with my own eyes so I'm now on a mission to get the money to go in april. Wish me luck!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

RnRCj

I think it looks very messy and ugly. Not as classy as the 15th train.

Just a question: will MPT be running as often as the Character Express was? I thought the Character Express was out a little too often. I liked the music itself, but I didn't like it being blurted out on Main Street what seemed like every 5 minutes!

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"I think it looks very messy and ugly. Not as classy as the 15th train.

Just a question: will MPT be running as often as the Character Express was? I thought the Character Express was out a little too often. I liked the music itself, but I didn't like it being blurted out on Main Street what seemed like every 5 minutes!

Yes, it's one of those guilty pleasure Europop ditties Euro Disney excels at. Fun, but it has the ability to stick with you for weeks — in fact, I think it's about to do that to me again.

Anyway, the makeover of the train looks like another riveting production by the dream team that is Entertainment. Can they do anything right?

-breeno-

Quote from: "RnRCj"I think it looks very messy and ugly. Not as classy as the 15th train.

I agree, but i didn't expect it to look better than the 15th train, or do i expect anything for this to be as good as the 15th.  The 15th was something big, this won't really be, if not going to be extended, so i don't expect anything fantastic, just as long as it's not always "in your face", which i'm guessing it will be, ah well.

Also i hope the original train does come back, it is planned one coming back isn't it?  We can't lose the music, we just can't :mrgreen:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!