Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Could that massive swirly party streamer version of the original chandelier/banner post have been just a trial? In lots of the promo concepts, golden more traditional lampposts are used as decoration, not the existing white and streamer design. If they're being taken down completely, maybe we're not getting them back before say next Christmas? Or are they just prepping them out the back?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Strangely, the giant lamps/banners have been taken down on the first half of Main Street...

Source

Hmmm, that's strange, I wonder if they're going to get rid of the rest at the same time then. They probably want to take them down now whilst they're taking down the Christmas decorations, to save them time later, maybe even to test the new ones? It'll be a shame to see them go though :(  :wink:

RnRCj

That's the first time we've seen Main Street USA as normal for a while. Someone should go in and take a load of photos before it's ruined again by multicoloured streamers and Mickey-heads.

Riebi

Looks again as 1992  :P  Hope the banners wouldn´t look that bad  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteHope this isn't going to be the new look of Stitch or something, nearly every bit of detail from him is gone.

Of course not!  :)   It's the style of that visual, even if it's not really good looking...

Tokyo Disney Resort used the same characters (except Stitch) on their website up until last year or so.

we've decided we're not going back until they learn to draw stitch properly again. Stitch is my wifes favourite character and to see him drawn so badly everywhere will kinda feel like we're at one of those bad fake disney parks (like nara dreamland) and completely spoil the magic.

I guess most people wont be too bothered, but to us its as bad as if they decided mickey should look more like Remy the rat -can you imagine the upraw that would cause?!

Kristof

You can hear bits of the "Mickey's Magical Party Time" song in a promotional video for "MickeyStar", a Star Academy-like show that will be held in countries all over Europe to help promote the new themed year.

http://www.clubrtl.be/page/2514.aspx

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"You can hear bits of the "Mickey's Magical Party Time" song in a promotional video for "MickeyStar", a Star Academy-like show that will be held in countries all over Europe to help promote the new themed year.

http://www.clubrtl.be/page/2514.aspx

It sounds like a combination of High School Musical and the original tunes heard at 'Euro Disney" back in 1992. I'll wait to hear the full song before I make my final judgement though :wink:

Barnsey313

Have I been extremely spoilt by the 15th anniversary or is this Mickey's Magical Party just plain tacky from what we've seen -
 DJ Stitch? Pop music? Streamers? Minnie's Party Train? Compared with the classy main street signs, the character express the candleabration and all of the similar theming?
All in all If it continues to go the way I think it's going I might not be making a visit at all this year and if these trends continue? I think were slowly heading for a disneyland much more highly based on high school musical and clubhouse disney.

Anthony

Quote from: "Barnsey313"DJ Stitch? Pop music? Streamers? Minnie's Party Train?
Yup, someone at Entertainment (worldwide that is -- look at WDW and DLR this year too) reeeheeally hates nostalgia.

Though it's quite hard to hear from that, the song sounds like Disney Characters Express meets Hannah Montana. Do we know who wrote or produced it?

Kristof

QuoteThough it's quite hard to hear from that, the song sounds like Disney Characters Express meets Hannah Montana. Do we know who wrote or produced it?

Scott Erickson, he did some work for a bunch of Disney sequels and artists like Barry Manilow and Beth Middler.

Clarebelle

I think I'm ging to live to regret going for the launch  :cry:  it looks so... unsophisticated, cheap, tacky, compared to the 15th. I never thought id say it but I dont want it to end  :|

Does anyone know when the press days will be? or what to expect on launch day?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Riebi

Disneytheque has some pics of the anaheim "celebrate"-party-thing. It seems they have the better lampost on main street.

:arrow: //http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/118-Lactu-du-Disneyland-park-en-2009.html

RnRCj

Quote from: "Riebi"Disneytheque has some pics of the anaheim "celebrate"-party-thing. It seems they have the better lampost on main street.

:arrow: //http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/118-Lactu-du-Disneyland-park-en-2009.html

The thing with their lamposts is that they only look bad when you're close up to them. If you're just looking down Main Street you probably won't even notice them.

They don't stand out as much as ours (probably) will.

Riebi

Yes and that´s a good thing. Shame that we won´t get this kind of lampost (if we need lamposts :mrgreen: )

RnRCj

We shouldn't have any of these tacky decorations. Just the normal Main Street U.S.A. lamposts (Does Main Street even have lamposts? I can't remember - it seems so long ago that Main Street didn't have any decorations).