Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Am I the only one that thinks it looks pretty? well its better than the press release image
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Patrick

Oh, I see the Character Express train moderately decorated, rather pink isn't it :o , personally I would say at least get rid of the blue from Casey Junior first :roll: .

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Patrick"Oh, I see the Character Express train moderately decorated, rather pink isn't it :o , personally I would say at least get rid of the blue from Casey Junior first :roll: .

That would be too much work for them wouldnt it? lol I also noticed the coal wont be changing :roll: its all in the detail

Patrick

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "Patrick"Oh, I see the Character Express train moderately decorated, rather pink isn't it :o , personally I would say at least get rid of the blue from Casey Junior first :roll: .

That would be too much work for them wouldnt it? lol I also noticed the coal wont be changing :roll: its all in the detail

Not that much work, the complete look of Casey Junior was changed for the 15th anniversary, to change it from wonderful world of disney parade float to Character Express.

Clarebelle

Yes but it looks like they dont want to do it again.

Is it possible that the Character Express will return after MMP? and thats why they dont appear to be changing alot of it?

never2old

Quote from: "id@53"Has it been confirmed that Tous en Train is going?
It is the one piece of music that is guaranteed to bring tears to the wife's eyes :D

This was in the finacial year first quarter announcement, and I think I've seen the same text in other DLRP announcements:

QuoteIn the Disneyland Park, Minnie heads up an all-new Minnie's Party Train that will chug down Main Street, U.S.A. New décor, music and choreography, along with a crowd of Disney friends will accompany Minnie in this meet-and greet opportunity with guests

I'd like to think it means new decor, and the same music and choreography we have today in Tous en Train, but it could also mean new everything...

id@53

Quote from: "never2old"I'd like to think it means new decor, and the same music and choreography we have today in Tous en Train, but it could also mean new everything...

Thanks for that never2old, I hadn't seen that and now I fear the worst...... :(
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

Anthony

To be honest, the photoshopped version of the current train in the advertising images looks better than this concept art. Much cleaner, more modern and simpler. Just red, white and yellow.

Now apparently they're adding the (rather ugly) logo in blue circles on every carriage and covering the entire thing in those colourful swirly streamers that Jay Rasulo seems to want to inflict upon every resort. We've already seen them on the new lamppost.

I'd rather they spent some of this money on proper meet 'n' greet locations around Central Plaza that force people to queue for the characters rather than shove each other out the way.

Kris

It's way too 'busy'! Keep the original teaser design and that logo on the blue... it just doesn't go!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

pussinboots

I also think the toned-down one in the publicity artwork looks much better.

But what I'm really not looking forward to — and I can't be alone in this — is the prospect of another year with Main Street covered in a thick layer of marketing graffiti. As if Toon Circus (which many of you will mercifully have no recollection of, haha) wasn't bad enough, and as if the 15th hasn't lasted long enough, now every picture of the castle will have those big banner/chandelier/multitasking posts in it again. Not to mention this stage they're erecting in Central Plaza.

I really miss Main Street.

[edit]

Quote from: "Kinou"I saw the concept-art for the year event and its not looking good. Except for the new hub stage, the rest is awful and bad taste! This is worse than Toon Circus (will we ever see original Main Street ever again ? ? ? ). Too much colors, too much nonsense decorations all over the street, the Mark Twain etc...

Hm, I suppose it's not just me then.

Kris

I think Main Street looks amazing on its own, but I do like the feeling of an 'event' created by extra decorations. The 5th and 15th anniversary additions were remotely classy and kind of fit in to the street to some extent. At least the colouring used similar shades. I'm just worried that these tones are too bright and plastic-y. It all looks too modern.

I'd go as far as saying that the swirling ribbon effect in the States has been integrated well. It's the other tackiness (logo on chunky blue blobs etc) that I fear for.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Kris"I think Main Street looks amazing on its own, but I do like the feeling of an 'event' created by extra decorations.

But all the time? I really liked the 5th Anniversary castle and accompanying decorations, but was glad to see them go the next year. There's a reason people throw out their Christmas trees at a certain point in January.

QuoteI'd go as far as saying that the swirling ribbon effect in the States has been integrated well. It's the other tackiness (logo on chunky blue blobs etc) that I fear for.

Yes, they tend to be a little more subtle in the States* — especially at Disneyland. Possibly because they fear the wrath of Al Lutz if they desecrate Main Street too much. They also tend to put the tackiest decorations out on the Esplanade and on the entrance archways rather than in the parks. That seems like a sensible solution, doesn't it?

*Well, there was a certain castle cake, but that was inspired by Paris and they learned their lesson afterwards.

jeakat24

I have to say the concept for the party year in general doesn't really thrill me, never mind my views on the Main Street decorations (as I said in an earlier post, the banners and ribbons on the lampost look nice but are too much for Main Street)

I'm not a massive fan of Stitch anyway (although Stitch Live has won me over a bit!) and the idea of a DJ in Discoveryland not only doesn't fit the area but I personally feel it will ruin some of the atmosphere, due to losing some of the normal music.

Has anyone seen the brochure yet? I think the style of it is really good, and has certainly made just a little bit excited. However I haven't actually counted the number of times they change words to have mouse in them (like a-mousing for amazing) and other word play revolved around party, but it's definately too much!!! There's got to be at least 50  :shock:
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Poppy The Monkey

Here, exclusive to the Magic Forum are the full lyrics to the new theme song for Mickey's Magical Party! Its a cool song - just the verses are pretty strange - as you can read!!.....

Mickey's Magical Party Theme Song - Lyrics

It's Mickey's Magical Party Time,
Everybody's ready it's time plaaayyyyy......

(Its time to party, come have a party, ohh yea, you know its party time)

Verse 1:
Welcome everybody, let the fun being
(Oh oh it's party time)

A Disney celebration with all of our friends!
(You know its party time)

Young, Brand New – we're so glad that you're here!
(Oh oh it's party time)

It's a magical invitation to the party of the year

With Disney magic excitement grows, Grab a balloon – come on lets go......

Chorus:
Everybody's ready it's time to play...

At Mickey's Magical Party Time, yea yea
The party of the year, and it's happening here!

We'll let the music out load – dancing with the crowd!

At Mickey's Magical Party Time, hey hey!

(Its party time, its party time, if you wanna party, you know its party time!)

Verse 2:
Kiddies, right we're coming, it's getting a little wild!
(Oh oh it's party time)

Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and every child.

Lint, then needles with ribbons and bows!
(Oh oh it's party time)

Lets decorate to celebrate with everyone we know

With Disney magic excitement grows....
Everybody Grab a balloon – come on lets go......!!!

Chorus:

We'll let the music out loud – dancing with the crowd!

Verse 3:
We're dancing in the street to a party-time beat –
lets shoot for the stars that's what you will do...

We're dancing in the street to party-time beat – everybody let loose!

People from all around the world – have come from far and near!

Everybody clap, everybody cheer – the party of the year and it's happening here!!

Chorus:

Mickey's Magical Party Time, yea yea

Everybody's let loose

(Party time, oh yea, its Mickey's magical party, yea, party time, yea yea)

ITS PARTY TIME!!

Kris

Wait 'til they remix it :P <wink>