Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

QuoteMack has already manufactured a couple of rides for Disney, albeit smaller ones. With the prospect of new rides going to Paris and Hong Kong as well as a new Disneyland for Shanghai Mack is probably VERY interested in doing more business with Disney.

yeah i know, mack is building good rides. and i think its a good company for
disney because mack is not expansive...

QuoteBut I have to agree lil-shawn, Roland Mack should watch his mouth and manners if he really wants to do business with the (proper!) Mouse...

yeah right, also who is he to say disney is bad, he copy a lot of the disney parks
in his park, so he should first look at himself...
sure europapark is a nice and beautyfull park, but its not fair to make another
park bad..

Daniel

Quote from: "dagobert"The park is owned by ride-manufacturer MACK. I think the company built Crush's Coaster.
Maurer Söhne built Crush's Coaster. More information can be found about the ride here: http://www.rcdb.com/3306.htm
I hope these discussions become reality with our own Splash Mountain. :)

luke85

This visit to Europa Park sounds very promising :) I hope something tangible comes out of this trip, Splash Mountain is long overdue in DLP!

Willow

Mack make great rides, and Roland Mack is one of the good guys.

Just throwing this out there to add something else to the speculation, very unlikely that this will happen.

Mack don't just make log flume's though, they have an impressive array of water rides that they build.

Although doubtful I wonder if Paris are interested in a different kind of Splash Mountain, for example a Water Coaster.
One of the Water Coasters features is a variable splash volume.

netjack

I woudn't put to much excitement into this visit. Disney Management was in Germany this specific week anyway, because of the keel laying ceremony of the Disney Dream cruise ship, so this could just have been something like a formal visit.

BTW:
MACK as a manufacturer does not own Europa-Park.

In reality they are two Mack-brothers ("Mack" is their family name). One brother owns and manages the ride manufacturer, the other one owns and manages the park, but of course the relationship between both companies is very deep and Europa-Park kind of functions as a permanent presentation-location for MACK-rides in a lot of situations, but this is not true for every attraction.

And yes: Crush's Coaster was built Maurer Söhne (out of Munich). Not by Mack.

MagicStar

Hmmm - I´m not sure about Splash Mountain.
My opinion: Its far to late for it.
Don´t get me wrong. I love this ride. It was one of my favourites at WDW...
but here in Europe things work different.
Look at Germany - every little PArk here has a water ride. It´s nothing special.
Yes - Splash has a great themeing. And for us - the fans - its a Disney Classic.
But for the normal visitors - its like Small World with a big drop. Big Drops like you get them at every park over europe.
IF they really build Splash Mountain, than they have to build something really really new!
Something special. And no copy. Unfortunately, I do not expect that from DLP
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

davewasbaloo

Yes, but I ride Splash for the theming and music, not necessarily the drop. That's the point. What I hate about water rides in Europe is I am yet to find a highly themed one. Closest are Chessington Worlds of Adventure, Legoland and Port Aventura, but they are still nothing like Splash.

When Disneyland opened Splashmountain  in 1989, every park in California already had flume rides. But this one was so awesome, they copied it in Florida and Tokyo.

Splash was the ride that I was really disappointed to find out PAris would not have when they were building it, and i would love to have it now.
since 2001 (many before that)

luke85

It's never too late for Splash Mountain! In my opinion, it's one of the best rides created, it's got everything... Great theming, great characters, great songs, and a great thrill factor!

I've always got my fingers crossed that they'll bring it to DLP  [-o<

Willow

Every good Theme Park needs a water ride.
Its like a basic thing, most parks around the world either have a Log Flume or a Rapids.

britincgn

But dont forget most of the other parks close at the end of the season so if its not going to be completly covered even if the splash is controlled its still not going to be fun riding in the snow.

Willow

A lot of Splash Mountain is covered and in show buildings, there are only small parts of the ride which are outdoors and the ride could be modified so even less of the ride is outdoors.

MagicStar

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yes, but I ride Splash for the theming and music, not necessarily the drop. That's the point.

True - but "Song of the south" is very unknown here. This movie has not the same importance here, than in America. Ask a non-disneyland fan around europe about this music. Most of them don´t know it.
IF you build it, you have to re-theme it.

And if you ride Splash for the themeing and not for the drop -- you don´t need another new ride. POTC gives you, what you are asking for!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

lil-shawn

QuoteTrue - but "Song of the south" is very unknown here. This movie has not the same importance here, than in America. Ask a non-disneyland fan around europe about this music. Most of them don´t know it.
IF you build it, you have to re-theme it.

And if you ride Splash for the themeing and not for the drop -- you don´t need another new ride. POTC gives you, what you are asking for!

thats not right, in america is song of the south more unknown than here, cuz we had
or have the charakters in the donald duck comic, i know they were there in the past,
i don´t know if this changed.

okay so you will say, dlrp don´t need a splash mountain cuz we have POTC?
thats insane, it sounds like we don´t need the ratatouille ride, for this we have
a lot other dark rides, or we don´t a new coaster with a loop, for this we have
SM, RNRC ect.

QuoteBut dont forget most of the other parks close at the end of the season so if its not going to be completly covered even if the splash is controlled its still not going to be fun riding in the snow.

OMG why does always someone complain about the weather? there are enough ways
thant no one gets wet in the winter month..

i say if they will build splash am fine with but hopefully with a complete
new theme and not a clone from america. something that would fit
in our frontierland.

RnRCj

I'd really like a unique version of Splash. I've always been hoping that those plans for a WRE/Splash combo haven't been dropped... how awesome that would be!

I don't see why people still complain about the weather problem. We know it would have the feature to stop guests getting wet, so why is it still an issue?

dagobert

Don't forget that Tokyo Disneyland does also have a Splash Mountain. The weather there is like the weather in Paris and the attraction is operated during wintertime, too.

And like lil-shawn said, there are many ways to minimize the water so that people will not get wet.

I know the figures from the comics, but I don't know the movie. I'm not a big fan of these comics, so I hope that DLRP will get a rethemed version of Splash Mountain.