Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

Quote from: "dagobert"Don't forget that Tokyo Disneyland does also have a Splash Mountain. The weather there is like the weather in Paris and the attraction is operated during wintertime, too.

I read that in Tokyo they dry the seats of the boats before reloading !! I really wonder about the weather though in Paris , when the Rivers of America and the waterfalls in Adventureland are frozen solid ,along with every fountain drained, you wonder if they could build a water ride in DLP !

MagicStar

Quote from: "lil-shawn"thats not right, in america is song of the south more unknown than here, cuz we had or have the charakters in the donald duck comic, i know they were there in the past, i don´t know if this changed.

During my time in america I made different experiences. I bet, most of the normal DLP-visitors don´t know, where the characters are from... and even don´t know the songs.

Quote from: "lil-shawn"okay so you will say, dlrp don´t need a splash mountain cuz we have POTC?  thats insane

I never said that!!! And I never said we don´t need a Splash Mountain. I said, that we need something special and no copy of an attraction with characters that most of the people don´t know here in europe.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "MagicStar"...no copy of an attraction with characters that most of the people don´t know here in europe.

This makes me laugh so much. In the US, no one has seen Song of the South since the late 70's early 80's as Disney has refused to release it. Yet in the UK it is on TV about once a year, usually around Easter. THe songs are not very well known either, with Zippadeedoodaa being the one exception.

It would be the thrill that would get most Europeans on it, but once they ride, it would be an instant hit because of the music and AA's.

What worries me is we end up with some rubbish like Crush that focuses on the thrills mainly. That would be a travesty. I no longer trust Disney, ESPECIALLY in Paris, so I hope for a total copy so they don't screw it up.

The days of PotC and PM style attractions are long gone at Disney, remembering our ToT was designed about 10 years ago.

Everything Disney has built with a thrill element designed in the last 5 years has been terrible.
since 2001 (many before that)

Willow

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "MagicStar"...no copy of an attraction with characters that most of the people don´t know here in europe.

This makes me laugh so much. In the US, no one has seen Song of the South since the late 70's early 80's as Disney has refused to release it. Yet in the UK it is on TV about once a year, usually around Easter. THe songs are not very well known either, with Zippadeedoodaa being the one exception.

It would be the thrill that would get most Europeans on it, but once they ride, it would be an instant hit because of the music and AA's.

What worries me is we end up with some rubbish like Crush that focuses on the thrills mainly. That would be a travesty. I no longer trust Disney, ESPECIALLY in Paris, so I hope for a total copy so they don't screw it up.

The days of PotC and PM style attractions are long gone at Disney, remembering our ToT was designed about 10 years ago.

Everything Disney has built with a thrill element designed in the last 5 years has been terrible.

Even Expedition Everest?  :shock:

These days I'm kinda expecting Disney to build a Eurofighter rollercoaster because a lot of parks in Europe are getting them, they did the same with Crush's coaster.

Mystic Manor is looking to be a ride in the style of POTC and PM, so I disagree that those kind of attractions don't get built anymore.

I would not object at all to a copy of the WDW Splash Mountain, it will have to arrive at some point DLRP needs a water ride.

dagobert

Willow I have to agree with you.

In my opinion Expedition Everest is a real Disney attraction. A great story and a great theming. It is one of my favorite Disney attractions. We have ridden it ten times during our trip to WDW.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Willow"Even Expedition Everest?  :shock:

Fun coaster, but hardly any of the effects were working even after 2 months of operations - the yeti AA, the fog, the bird on a stick. It is a shadow of what was designed.

If it worked like designed, it would rock. Sadly it does not.

CafeFantasia

QuoteThis makes me laugh so much. In the US, no one has seen Song of the South since the late 70's early 80's as Disney has refused to release it. Yet in the UK it is on TV about once a year, usually around Easter. THe songs are not very well known either, with Zippadeedoodaa being the one exception.

I totally agree with this. I've said this before but, if Song of the South is irrelevant in 2009, why do the Splash Mountain attractions still have really long lines? Over at Disneyland in California, the line for Splash Mountain is still as long as the line for the Indiana Jones Adventure and the Matterhorn Bobsleds. People still love the themeing, they still love the characters, they still love the environments, and they still love the songs. Take all of the Song of the South thumbing out of Splash Mountain, and all you're left with is a very ordinary log flume ride.

QuoteEverything Disney has built with a thrill element designed in the last 5 years has been terrible.

Designed in the last 5 years, or built in the last 5 years? In the last 5 years (from 2004-2009) Disney haven't opened a whole lot of thrill rides. It's actually really hard to think of any. But Expedition Everest (2006), Hotel Hightower (2006) and Crush's Coaster (2007) have all opened. And they've all been great.

While I would STILL love to see Splash Mountain at Disneyland Park, it seems that The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure and Star Tours 2 are the most likely to get built.

MagicStar

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This makes me laugh so much. In the US, no one has seen Song of the South since the late 70's early 80's as Disney has refused to release it. Yet in the UK it is on TV about once a year, usually around Easter. THe songs are not very well known either, with Zippadeedoodaa being the one exception.

Nice to make you laugh. Guess what, its my profession  :D/
But I sometimes ask myself, why there are always people who stolish insist on the past.
Come on. Time changes. No question: Splash Mountain would be a success. But with the change of the theme. Disneylands Splash Mountain is 20 years old! And it worked well. But there is a new generation of visitors now. In America, people love it, because they always had it! Here in Europe, people don´t even know it. Therefore you need a theme, that attract them better, than a story and characters that are more or less unknow!

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"What worries me is we end up with some rubbish like Crush that focuses on the thrills mainly. That would be a travesty. I no longer trust Disney, ESPECIALLY in Paris, so I hope for a total copy so they don't screw it up.

Did you ever thought of the main problem "Money"? Are you able to buy a Mercedes, but you only have the money for a Skoda? WDS needed new attractions. Urgendly. And they did, what was possible with the money they had.
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

CafeFantasia

QuoteDid you ever thought of the main problem "Money"? Are you able to buy a Mercedes, but you only have the money for a Skoda? WDS needed new attractions. Urgendly. And they did, what was possible with the money they had.

I understand your point. But if the operators in France don't have the money to build Disney-quality attractions, in a Disney theme park, then maybe they're in the wrong business! You know what I mean? Disney attractions are HUGELY expensive, because they're supposed to be the greatest, the latest, the most elaborate, most imaginative attractions in the World. If they can't afford to do that, the resources to meet that expectation, they're doomed.

weesam20

In my opinion (i'm new to this and have only read the last page so i apologise for a repeat of anything said) DLRP needs to fill out studios with the balance of the other park, for me it just doesn't fit together right, like a jigsaw done badly. Or maybe i just haven't been to enough theme parks but it all seems like the designers made it blindfolded. Also disney could do with getting a quality rollercoaster thrill ride because it lacks one, i mean rockin' rollercoaster is good, as is the tower of terror but these don't match the likes of valhalla and nemesis...
(hopefully i made some kind of point)

Sam
If only i didn\'t live a plane journey away...

Soap

Didn't know where to put this great article about a gem that never made it.
I surely hope that something like this will pop-up in DLRP management minds!

//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-marc-davis-legendary-western-river.html

Enjoy!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dagobert

I'm sure that such a great attraction will not pop-up in the mind of any Disney resort management, except Tokyo Disney Resort.

Imagineer Scott

Fun coaster, but hardly any of the effects were working even after 2 months of operations - the yeti AA, the fog, the bird on a stick. It is a shadow of what was designed.

:roll:

Man, oh man.

The whole ride and its features worked 100% for 3 whole years. This is fact and you can confirm it with frequent visitors to DAK. Please don't just spout out random facts.

Yeti AA recently is in permanent B/edited A until small refurb in 2010. Bird is said to be up and running again. Fog and steam aren't, but that doesn't make or break the ride. If it does for you, then you're too judgemental.

experiment627

Quote from: "Imagineer Scott"The whole ride and its features worked 100% for 3 whole years. This is fact and you can confirm it with frequent visitors to DAK. Please don't just spout out random facts.

Yeti AA recently is in permanent B/edited A until small refurb in 2010. Bird is said to be up and running again. Fog and steam aren't, but that doesn't make or break the ride. If it does for you, then you're too judgemental.

...but if none of the effects are working - like during my visit two weeks ago - , it does break the ride.
And if they are having these maintenance issues after just three years, imagine how the ride will look like in 10 or 20 years...

And while I think that this is largely due to poor maintenance at WDW (not the only case of effects not working during our recent visit), I would also blame the engineers working on the yeti - the machinery seems to be just to delicate to have it running 10 hours a day, 365 days a year...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Imagineer Scott"

:roll:

Man, oh man.

The whole ride and its features worked 100% for 3 whole years. This is fact and you can confirm it with frequent visitors to DAK. Please don't just spout out random facts.

Funny, I am going on my own personal experience of the attraction as well as what I read. We were on it months after it opened, and none of the effects were working except the projected Yeti. The AA room was just dark. This was my personal experience. And on multiple days. These are not "Random". And there are plenty of other cast member and imagineering friends of mine that have reported likewise.

Keep snorting the pixie dust