Ratatouille Living Character: Chef Rémy

Started by Kristof, June 24, 2008, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

Thanks for the new video, he does look cute but he i hope he does more than just sway side to side at different speeds.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Thanks for the new video, he does look cute but he i hope he does more than just sway side to side at different speeds.
He does! He has two musical routines that we saw -- the classic French music and a very up-tempo modern song (funnier than it sounds). He can also just sit there and squeak, looking directly at you, and bow after his performance, etc.

The actual likeness to Rémy is incredible -- his eyes though they don't move are *exactly* like the real thing. It was also great to see that we never saw Rémy outside the restaurant, trying to coax people in. He's better kept as an attraction inside. The Ratatouille signs around the building now finally seem justified.

There are even more pictures and another new (but similar :wink:) video here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/07/ ... tatouille/

Alpop

DId anyone else noticed the button on the lid that seems to be pressed upon lifting teh lid???

Anthony

Quote from: "Alpop"DId anyone else noticed the button on the lid that seems to be pressed upon lifting teh lid???
Yes! There seem to be other buttons too, I think Kristof said he saw the assistant pressing them on the trolley...?

Another thing which impressed me was that they can turn the platter thing around. It's fixed down, but they can turn it in the direction of the guest, which is quite smart (you'd expect all the workings of the animatronic to have been fixed down permanent below there).

Kristof

For those who are wondering... This beauty is build and designed by Walt Disney Imagineering in Glendale where it was tested on the lot before being shipped to DLRP.   :)

ColdSun

thanks for the videos and pictures, they are brilliant. I think Remy is really cute, love the character anyway.

Tinkerbelle

We saw Remy inside and outside the restaurant this week, it was completely amazing!!!! I could see it kind of interact with many guests and we were in awe!
We had never been at Rendez vous des Stars and we did this time and just loved the food! and seeing Remy going from table to table was very cool we even thanked him for the wonderful food and he bowed (though we don't know if that was a coincidence) ;D

Masamune

:shock: Wooow! That looks so cute! :lol: I think I'd squeal with happiness at seeing something like that, especially if I was surprised by it. If I hadn't have seen the pictures, I wouldn't have believed that something like this would work so well!

Owain

Theres a new video on Disney Parks Youtube Channel, Remy in Epcot;

[youtube:14nsoz09]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpsyiC5ZC28[/youtube:14nsoz09]

Kristof

Oh to clear things up: the Rémy animatronic in Epcot is a duplicate.  "Our" Rémy is still performing at [strike:p78rktg2]Rendez-Vous[/strike:p78rktg2] Restaurant des Stars.

15MagicalYears

Great to hear!
For a while I was certain that our lil' Remy had been shipped off to the US.

TowMater

I was thinking the same thing, Remy is so cute, I was wondering if there was a big cloak on the trolley for a puppeteer underneath.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Oh to clear things up: the Rémy animatronic in Epcot is a duplicate.  "Our" Rémy is still performing at [strike:40fd7x55]Rendez-Vous[/strike:40fd7x55] Restaurant des Stars.

Phew, thanks for clearing that up for us Kristof :)

esmeralda

Oh, i love Remy!!! He's just so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
Julia

Reiana

In the first week of june, we saw him performing in front of the restaurant. He was so cute.
Sadly it was the only time, we saw him and little one was so disappointed because Remy was not there the next time we passed the restaurant.
So every time we passed the restaurant she asked: Where is the mousy?