Ratatouille Living Character: Chef Rémy

Started by Kristof, June 24, 2008, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

From WDSfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans"Meet Ratatouille... in real life!
Posted by raptor1982 on Tuesday, June 24 2008

No no, we're not talking about the meet 'n' greet location in Toon Studio! And we're not talking about the proposed attraction either... In fact, we're talking about a DLRP exclusive living character from Walt Disney Imagineering!

You still remember Lucky the Dinosaur, right? And Push the Trashcan who also roamed the Backlot area of our Studios Park? And then there's also the lovely Wall-E character that's going to be introduced at Disney's California Adventure Park soon! Well this time Disneyland Resort Paris will be the test ground for its own exclusive living character... And who else would be better than Rémy from Ratatouile???!!!

La Roquine reported earlier on Disney Central Plaza about the experiment and since then we've had the chance to talk to people directly involved with the project.
Imagine you're having lunch at Rendez-Vous des Stars and suddenly a Cast Member pulls a cart to your table filled with cheese. She asks if she can offer you some and removes the cover, only to reveal Rémy between a pile of cheese. He moves and talks to the unsuspecting guests around the table!

Sounds great, doesn't it! Our source revealed that Cast Member training is happening this week and as early as next week or the week after the first tests will start at the restaurants of the Disneyland Hotel and Rendez-Vous des Stars.

MizzRabbit

OMG that sounds awsome! Very original idea. Haven't heard of anthing like it before!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Captain Pan

Sounds Great... It'll be our WALL-E... Unique and Something that fits in with the location of the Resort, Paris...

But WALL-E is that much Cuter than Remy but I've got the images of the  first negative reaction to Remy's appearance at the table where we get the shriek of fear rather than that of awe and wonder and the word 'RAT!' shrieked throughout the location. (Why Am I thinking Enchanted all of the sudden?) and secretly hoping that happens at a time where I am in the park!

RnRCj

I'm wondering how they'll make such a small creature look life-like, but if anyone can do it, WDI can. :lol: It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm wondering how they'll make such a small creature look life-like, but if anyone can do it, WDI can. :lol: It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Perhaps they should consult with the creators of Roland Rat :lol:

Epcot_Boy  :ears:

David

Javey74

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm wondering how they'll make such a small creature look life-like, but if anyone can do it, WDI can. :lol: It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Perhaps they should consult with the creators of Roland Rat :lol:

Epcot_Boy  :ears:
I like it.....very funny.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Japper

Wow! I'm monday and tuesday in the park! Hope I see the ratatouille character then!

Soap

What a great add!! Can't wait to see it real life! :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

charliegal

Im very confused by what you mean by 'living character'!

Kristof

Quote from: "charliegal"Im very confused by what you mean by 'living character'!

It's all in the description.  :?

Nala_84

Quote from: "raptor1982"charliegal wrote:
Im very confused by what you mean by 'living character'!

It's all in the description. :?

Well, there's no reason for being angry with him in my opinion - I also read the description and still can't really imagine how Rémy will look like?! I've seen the Trash Can in a Disney Filmparade once, but how will a "living Rémy" look like if it's no real rat?!  :shock:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

QuoteWell, there's no reason for being angry with him in my opinion

Who said anything about being angry?????

A Living Character is an incarnation of a Disney, Pixar or a new character through other ways than costumes.  Lucky the Dinosaur is one example, but also Crush in Turtle Talk and Stitch Live are Living Characters.

Quotebut how will a "living Rémy" look like if it's no real rat?

Animatronic?!

Snow_White_Girl

So is it actually in the park yet, or are they still testing etc.? I'd be really interested to see just how lifelike he'll look, although I think my mum would have a fit - she hates rats, even talking animatronic ones! :lol:

\":lamp:\"

Kuzco

QuoteOur source revealed that Cast Member training is happening this week and as early as next week or the week after the first tests will start at the restaurants of the Disneyland Hotel and Rendez-Vous des Stars.

This was written on 24 June. So there's actually a chance it'll be there when I visit the park. We're going t have a pretty busy 4 days to see (well...at least try to see) all the new additions to the resort (we haven't done ToT, Stitch, seen Woody's Roundup and offcourse there's the Enchanted Fireworks).

We should manage to get a quick bite at Rendez-Vous des Stars in those day's ;)
No touchy!

lil-shawn

Look what i found  :D  its so cute and the guy looks funny  :lol:

[youtube:2x4wy7xd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCyzOQ3xpPk[/youtube:2x4wy7xd]