Ratatouille Living Character: Chef Rémy

Started by Kristof, June 24, 2008, 02:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Bowie"i've been looking him for the last 4 days and  everyone says something else. I have been to the information at the studios they called everyone 3 persons came. They said me Remy doesn't come back and they told me it was just for once. To entertain the children the replacement is a gift with remy on it with pencils in it. This isn't a worhthly replacement. I hope there wrong. I am here till next week and i hope i will see him.

Bowie

Like I said before, this was for the Disneyland Hotel restaurants.  Only a few performances were scheduled for WDS.  It's still going through its test phase.

Bowie

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "Bowie"i've been looking him for the last 4 days and  everyone says something else. I have been to the information at the studios they called everyone 3 persons came. They said me Remy doesn't come back and they told me it was just for once. To entertain the children the replacement is a gift with remy on it with pencils in it. This isn't a worhthly replacement. I hope there wrong. I am here till next week and i hope i will see him.

Bowie

Like I said before, this was for the Disneyland Hotel restaurants.  Only a few performances were scheduled for WDS.  It's still going through its test phase.

Ok, do you know when he is coming to the WDS again or when he is going to inventions or another restaurant. I really really want to see him and i am here untill next wednesday

Bowie

RnRCj

I've just found a better quality video of Remy on Youtube:

[youtube:39z60vgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDTzwftwRcQ[/youtube:39z60vgo]

I must say, looking closer at him, I think he actually looks quite fake. :(

never2old

I thought he looked quite cute!

GrandiJoos

I like it more than from the previous video! In the beginning he moves in 'circles' but at the end he freezes and looks at someone. I would love to see it once for real :D (and of course I'll eat in his restaurant ;))

GrandiJoos :cool:

Kristof

Quote from: "Bowie"
Quote from: "raptor1982"

Bowie

Ok, do you know when he is coming to the WDS again or when he is going to inventions or another restaurant. I really really want to see him and i am here untill next wednesday

Bowie

Bowie, no I don't know this (yet).  I will certainly post it here as soon as I have more information!

Anthony

I'm a little more impressed with that one too. It does look more like an AA there, performing the same program of movements in a loop. It certainly looks perfectly like him, even if the face is a little blank.

Using it to entice people into the restaurant is cheap though. Who trained that guy? The Disney parks aren't some dodgy marketplace where people should shout at you to part with your money as you walk around, saying "look, a little rat that moves slightly, now PAY €30 FOR A BUFFET!!!" What happened to the Disney that used to be able to make us part with our money without us even realising?

Keep it as a little thing to wheel around the tables inside a restaurant though (preferably Rendez-Vous des Stars where it really fits) and I really like it, makes all the Ratatouille signage outside just about credible.

Here's something that should really go in the Imagineering board: If they want to entice people in, why not keep Rémy inside but put a small animatronic of Emile permanently outside (out of reach), rubbing his giant stomach and talking about how amazing the food was?

Japper

Why not giving Rendez Vous a big make-over into a nice warm cool french ratatouille-themed restaurant instead of the cold thing it is now?

RnRCj

I still think he could be improved if he twitched his nose, and also if he moved his eyes a little. Surely it wouldn't take too much to pull that off? :?:

Maarten

Quote from: "Japper"Why not giving Rendez Vous a big make-over into a nice warm cool french ratatouille-themed restaurant instead of the cold thing it is now?

I see what you mean. However, how would a Ratatouille restaurant, similar to the one in the film, work? You can't change the exterior of the restaurant, and in my opinion  the "set of Ratatouille" approach wouldn't work that well since the restaurant clearly isn't a studio. :)

According to Photos Magiques: The restaurant represents the Studio's commissary where actors and crew come to lunch in between takes.

I think it should stay that way. Personally the restaurant reminds me of the ABC Commissary at Disney's Hollywood Studios. However, I completely agree with you that it could use a warmer atmosphere.

Bowie

I've saw him yesterday and he is cute, he was in rendez vous this time with a woman. And i have ,made many pictures but i am in paris right now so i am not able to place the pictures. But i warned my friends and the are going to place it very soon many pictures and one video.

Bowie

Kristof

QuoteAccording to Photos Magiques: The restaurant represents the Studio's commissary where actors and crew come to lunch in between takes.

In fact, the restaurant is based on the backlot restaurant on the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank!

(Off topic: And so are the streetsigns throughout our Studios park...)

QuoteI've saw him yesterday and he is cute, he was in rendez vous this time with a woman. And i have ,made many pictures but i am in paris right now so i am not able to place the pictures. But i warned my friends and the are going to place it very soon many pictures and one video.

Are the performers wearing nametages?  Was it Dina?

Captain Pan

Quote from: "never2old"I thought he looked quite cute!

I wholeheartedly agree. So movement is slightly limited by the looks of things just back and forth back and forth up and down...

To Me that Remy is 1000 times better than the version Disneystores peddle as a soft toy... our living character at least looks like the rat that proves anyone can cook!

Would have thought though that they would of used this idea to bring in Remy's accomplice Linguini or Colette!

littlemermaid83

Awww he looks well cute even if he doesnt do much  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

SophieD

Remy is sooo cute....even if he only sways from side to side....

i think they could make it better if the chef with Remy is actually Linguini!

that would be coooool!!!  :wink:
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney