Narnia attraction to replace Armageddon?

Started by Kristof, June 13, 2008, 01:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

Sorry don't want to get off topic but the Nemo theming is awesome and just as great as
the film and agree with Anthony that not everything needs to be an in your face kind of attraction. The attention to detail is really immense if you take the time to look at it.

I personally enjoyed (many times) the Armaggedon attraction as I loved the film too. Ok the intro is a little slow etc but overall how many opportunities do you get to feel like you start in a film ;-)  

I personally don't want to see it go.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

ColdSun

Have never been on the Armageddon attraction so I guess I won't miss it :lol: . I like the idea of an attraction based on Narnia but I'm not sure what to think of the walkthrough-idea. I'm nit a big fan of the Studio Tram tour so I don't think I would be too excited it is was something similar.

Remco K.

Quote from: "ColdSun"but I'm not sure what to think of the walkthrough-idea.
Kristof's sources were talking about "Something to play with.", so it probably won't be just a walkthrough.

Just trying to give you a quick update! ;)

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"when you say "walkthrough", is this gonna be like the god-awful Captain Nemo thingy in DL ?

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
How dare you Sir?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

ColdSun

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "ColdSun"but I'm not sure what to think of the walkthrough-idea.
Kristof's sources were talking about "Something to play with.", so it probably won't be just a walkthrough.

Just trying to give you a quick update! ;)

ah ok, thanks :)...

ightenhill

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"when you say "walkthrough", is this gonna be like the god-awful Captain Nemo thingy in DL ?

Are you referring to one of the most beautiful themed sections in any disney park perchance...
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

15yearsofMagic2008

Was Armageddon  a popular attraction?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Kuzco

Not 'was', I think it stil 'is'.
There is nothing wrong with the attraction itself, but the pre-show is really not something Europeans appreciate I guess. We are not that in to 'playing a long with the show'  as Americans. Maybe that's the biggest mistake.

Just explain what the attraction is all about with some video's etcetera. Don't force the guests to make faces and screams. Works great in the USA, but not as well here in Europe. But that's my humble opinion ;)
No touchy!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "ightenhill"

Are you referring to one of the most beautiful themed sections in any disney park perchance...

Yeah *stretches and yawns uncontrollably*. Was expecting something like WDW version, and couldnt figure out how that was possible in such a small space ( thought maybe it was all underground, or like a Star Tours ride ). Went down, came up, never looked back. :(

15yearsofMagic2008

How lon do you think it will take to make the attraction?Would it will be like 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' ride?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

penfold12

Call me sad, but I just watched the Armageddon attraction video on DLRP Magic, and wow...

I have been on the attraction several times, but watching the video, and listening to the guest reaction, its a shame if this goes, just yet.

Not an earth shattering attraction, but its quality none the less. If the pre show was adjusted, surely this is an attraction that should remain?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "penfold12"Call me sad, but I just watched the Armageddon attraction video on DLRP Magic, and wow...

I have been on the attraction several times, but watching the video, and listening to the guest reaction, its a shame if this goes, just yet.

Not an earth shattering attraction, but its quality none the less. If the pre show was adjusted, surely this is an attraction that should remain?

That's what I thought after seeing that video, there is so much to see in the main show itself, but I wouldn't want to have to watch that pre-show over again to see it. The pre-show is what seems to be letting it down the most for a lot of people, perhaps Disney should change it if that's the case, after all, they've already changed the Stitch Live pre-show, and that hasn't even been open for a year yet! :)

Remco K.

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"perhaps Disney should change it if that's the case, after all, they've already changed the Stitch Live pre-show, and that hasn't even been open for a year yet! :)
That would be cool. Still, the pre-show takes a lot of time, so any pre-show of this length will become boring after a while. An alternative would be to keep the guests longer outside the building in the queue, but that's not really fun either.

Anthony

The pre-show really just needs to have more of a point to it. The "everybody scream, you're on a film set!" thing is incredibly cheap for Disney. You notice quite dramatically how everyone suddenly pays attention when they show the film clips of old special effects.

That's the direction they need to go in. Basically, it should be like the AODA pre-show but tracing the history of special effects rather than animation. The thing which also makes the AODA pre-show such a delight is that there's a load of stuff around the room to look at and play with whilst the intro film is showing.

If Armageddon scrapped the -- I'm sorry -- rather bad live Cast Members, and had only a narrated film, it'd be much more bearable. You wouldn't feel like you're forced to listen or else seem rude.

The outside queue areas are just as bad. It seems like you lose half your life waiting there and it gets to a point where you think it'll just never end... So another idea could be to run it less like a continuous attraction (a la Tower) and more like Stitch Live, with the frequency of shows and a countdown of places available for the next live special effects demonstration clearly posted outside.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"The pre-show really just needs to have more of a point to it. The "everybody scream, you're on a film set!" thing is incredibly cheap for Disney. You notice quite dramatically how everyone suddenly pays attention when they show the film clips of old special effects.

That's the direction they need to go in. Basically, it should be like the AODA pre-show but tracing the history of special effects rather than animation. The thing which also makes the AODA pre-show such a delight is that there's a load of stuff around the room to look at and play with whilst the intro film is showing.

If Armageddon scrapped the -- I'm sorry -- rather bad live Cast Members, and had only a narrated film, it'd be much more bearable. You wouldn't feel like you're forced to listen or else seem rude.

The outside queue areas are just as bad. It seems like you lose half your life waiting there and it gets to a point where you think it'll just never end... So another idea could be to run it less like a continuous attraction (a la Tower) and more like Stitch Live, with the frequency of shows and a countdown of places available for the next live special effects demonstration clearly posted outside.

Spot-on! I couldn't agree with you more. These kind of ideas are just what the attraction needs. Well done Ant =D>  :mrgreen: