Narnia attraction to replace Armageddon?

Started by Kristof, June 13, 2008, 01:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Glad you agree Butlin Boy! :)

The entrance of Armageddon is something that has always puzzled me. I mean... where is it?!  You just walk into the queue line at one side of the weird Backlot gate, there's no queue time indicator, archway, warning sign, nothing. Just a Cast Member with "please come and ride Armageddon!" eyes.

So yeah, DLRP, if you want to save this attraction, basically make the pre-show more of an interactive exhibition and less of an obligatory screaming contest.

I actually quite like the decorations in the pre-show rooms, but you never really feel like you can look at them with a CM desperately barking at the audience for some kind of reaction. The walkway between the pre-show and main show is also surprisingly atmospheric for a 2002 WDS attraction, and the show itself is a real masterpiece. I will actually be sad to see it go.

The trouble is probably that management and even Imagineers rarely ride the attraction themselves, actually waiting in the line and watching the pre-show, so they can't see how easy it would be to turn good. Instead, they think "Armageddon gets bad reactions? Change it!".

I'd quite like to keep Armageddon and get Narnia as something extra now...

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"The entrance of Armageddon is something that has always puzzled me. I mean... where is it?!  You just walk into the queue line at one side of the weird Backlot gate, there's no queue time indicator, archway, warning sign, nothing. Just a Cast Member with "please come and ride Armageddon!" eyes.

Yes every true :p i went on it for the first time ever this year and couldn't find the entrance straight away since there was no CM around, the queue is a little odd and the preshow.. well i mainly stood around looking at props etc and strangly lots of people didn't go into the main show and left during the preshow.

But generally the whole ride is great, i think it would be sad to see it go but on the other hand will dlrp management let it get run down to a point were they cant restore it ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

jeakat24

I have to say Armageddon is the only attraction I haven't done. I just find that it doesn't appeal to me, even though I say every time that I'm going to do it.
Obviously I can't comment on the attraction as a whole but I do think they could make the entrance not only more visible but also more appealing from the outside. I'm not entirely sure how they could do this though!
Also, it's only from reading these posts that I actually know what the attraction is/ contains, and although I wouldn't want any "secrets" of it to be revealed, it may help to make it more clear what it contains, whether it's a ride or walkthrough etc
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Willow

I can't see this attraction happening now that Disney have pulled out of the Narnia Series.
It wouldn't have been that good anyway.

bigrossco

my friend got scared on it LMAO and was to scared to go back on it he thougth the fire was going to hit him LMAO
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

jeakat24

Quote from: "Willow"I can't see this attraction happening now that Disney have pulled out of the Narnia Series.
It wouldn't have been that good anyway.

Good point, that would be a tad harsh!  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Kimbollez

I never got to the main section of Armageddon... For me the whole pre show thing, just freaked me out... I've never seen Armageddon and i got a 5 second breifing of the movie by pearents before I went in...

And i'm not into those types of movies, like disaster, this could happen sort of thing...
I'm all into Disney fantacy... but is Armageddon even Disney?? i didn't think it was... if not why would they put it in???

For me i'm all up for a Narnia thing... just it would have to have possibly like, two different sections of interactivity... like Aslans Camp with; Fawns, Centors and other creatures walking round that we can interacte with, and then the White Whitches Camp with; Minitors, WearWolves and Gremlins walking around for an interactive experiance, and that the public and that could interact with them... (I'm not sure how we could get like the Centors in and that, but then with alittle bit of Disney Magic... Anything is possible...) I mean when I went i met the White Witch, and it was an awsome experiance to like meet, her... ok scary as she like threatened to turn me to stone if i was on Aslans side, but a little white lie can't hurt... he he

So depending on how it would turn out, and what it would be like... I guess it could work... Also depends what you prefer... Narnia or Armageddon...
"Off to NeverLand!"
"Oh the Cleverness of Me!!"
Tick Tock Tick Tock... RUN MAN!! RUN!!!!!!

Peter Pan =D

Kimbollez

Quote from: "Willow"I can't see this attraction happening now that Disney have pulled out of the Narnia Series.

Disney have pulled out of Narnia?!?! When did this happen???

I never knew... WOW!!

Any reason why... Or have they just gone off it...
"Off to NeverLand!"

Peter Pan =D

Willow

Quote from: "Kimbollez"

I never knew... WOW!!

Prince Caspian cost a lot of money and didn't do great at the box office so Disney are not doing a 3rd film. I believe Fox have picked it up. There is a topic in Cinemagique.

jeakat24

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Kimbollez"

I never knew... WOW!!

Prince Caspian cost a lot of money and didn't do great at the box office so Disney are not doing a 3rd film. I believe Fox have picked it up. There is a topic in Cinemagique.

Yes Fox have picked it up now thank goodness (I personally love the films!)
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Hathaway Browne

Hopefully this ridiculous rumour will go away now.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Anthony

It seems to have done so already... nothing for months now. Unless they strangely go ahead with it for 2010/2011 despite Fox releasing the 3rd film, I think this proposal is dead.

I've un-stickied it from the top of the forum.

Kimbollez

Thanks to all the people who told me about Fox taking over Narina Films!! I love them all! just a shame it's no longer Disney :cry: , but at least they still Going!!!

With the ride swap..
Personly I don't see it happening now...
I'm with Anthony... Now FOX has taken over from Diseny with the films, I don't see why they would put in a Narnia attraction, if they are nothing to do with it... Unless they got all the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian stuff left... But i don't see why they would want to put it up with not bein part of it...  :?:

Oh well, i guess we'll have to keep an ear and eye out to Armageddon...
 :mrgreen:
"Off to NeverLand!"

Peter Pan =D