Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd331

I wonder if they aren't progressively replacing the effects with LED effects. LEDs are far more durable than traditional halogen spots and scans.

I actually hoped the fire of last year would have resulted in some water damage and the need to replace the light show with some new gear, but that obviously didn't happen ;).

dagobert

RnRC was in a very good condition two weeks ago. The sound was always working very well and there was most of the time a lot os smoke in the building. The ride was much better than in 2008.

electricdreams

I LOVE this ride.....
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

tubbsy

Lookin good. Only been on once and never thought I'd do it again. But we have decided we might give it a go in August.
Last time I rode it was Dude looks like a lady - is there a set playlist or one song played for a few months? Cheers

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

mehdi5

Quote from: "tubbsy"Lookin good. Only been on once and never thought I'd do it again. But we have decided we might give it a go in August.
Last time I rode it was Dude looks like a lady - is there a set playlist or one song played for a few months? Cheers
All five trains have different music and lighting.
    * Soundtracker 1: green/yellow lightshow theme; plays "Back In The Saddle" and "Dude Looks Like A Lady".
    * Soundtracker 2: pink lightshow theme; plays "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E." and "Love In An Elevator".
    * Soundtracker 3: multicolour lightshow theme; plays "Love In An Elevator" and "Walk This Way".
    * Soundtracker 4: red/yellow lightshow theme; plays "Nine Lives".
    * Soundtracker 5: blue lightshow theme; plays "Sweet Emotion (live)".

RnRCj

In my opinion:

Best music is Soundtracker 3.
Best lightshow is Soundtracker 4.

:mrgreen:

tubbsy

Thanks guys :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Martyn

How come a ride op booth was built by the station within the last year? Was it to do with the loud music etc?

fly_with_me_dumbo

I went on this ride the other week, and screamed im gonna die all the way round. I will however ride again :D haha

johnd331

QuoteHow come a ride op booth was built by the station within the last year? Was it to do with the loud music etc?

They just build an aquarium style glass booth around the equipment that was already there as far as I can remember. Some of the equipment is fake and others is the actual ride control system. I guess it has something to do with safety. Maybe they had a few experiences with people jumping over the fence and tampering with the controls.

RnRCj

The booth was built because of the loud noises. As a guest you only spend a few minutes in that room so it's not a problem for us, but for the CMs being subjected to those noises all day I guess it must affect their hearing. You'll notice a lot of the CMs around the load area also wear earplugs.

Martyn

Yeah I figured it was to do with that. Just a bit odd that it took them 7 years to decide to do it!

RnRCj

Just been trying to read the RnRC topic on Central Plaza using Google translate. :roll:  Difficult to understand but I think what they're saying is the lightshow is going to be fully replaced with LED lights by the 20th Anniversary.

Great news if so!

Here's a link to the page where they start talking about it:

//http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/disneyland-paris-f6/rock-n-roller-coaster-avec-aerosmith-t11010-1000.htm

Martyn

Why is that great news?

mehdi5

Quote from: "Martyn"Why is that great news?
You can get about the same effects as with the current lights the ride uses and they're much more durable.(At least from what i've heard.)

LED light shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWireXf_ ... playnext=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZdUPQ6 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23MkvoOK ... re=related

Great news if it's true :D