Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith - new light show!

Started by RnRCj, May 21, 2008, 08:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

The closed up booth looks good.  It makes look more like a recording booth which is pretty cool 8)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

loladelorean

Grrr i'll be furious if the closure wasn't worthwhile, since I was there from 21st to 25th September!! It was a huge disappointment to miss out on this ride, so if the improvements aren't substantial I'll feel even worse.
I can confirm that when I visited the studios on my trip there were three workers painting outside the ride. Obviously couldn't tell what was going on besides that.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dagobert

The new booth looks fine. Now it looks more like a recording studio. Nevertheless they should also change the front of the building. I don't like this huge billboard.

RnRCj

The latest reports from Disney Central Plaza say that the lightshow is working properly and some of the smoke machines are now working! :mrgreen:

RnRCj

This video was filmed on 12th November:

[youtube:191zs3e3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkQbW1tg5U[/youtube:191zs3e3]

Sadly I can now confirm that the lightshow has not been fully repaired. Compared to when I visited a week before the refurbishment, I can count only two more lights working in this video than when I was there. If you pause at certain parts, you can see whole rows of lights not working at all.

However, since the video is slightly blurred and the lights that are working have extremely clear beams, that suggests to me that some of the smoke machines are working!

Willow

I was listening to an interview with Merlin ride consultant and theme park god John Wardley yesterday, and he was talking about how difficult it is to keep theme park effects working hundereds of times a day, 7 days a week, months at a time.

This is definitely one of those situations where the equipment just isn't up to the challenge.

QTXAdsy

I can't see any smoke machines working (unless they don't show up on the video that well).
The light show doesn't look very effected to me either. Mind you, it does look a lot better than what I experienced on my last trip.

Here Come The Belgians!

MagicKenny

Well, there are defenately more lights working than when I went last April... on that trip none of the lights were working except the white flashing lights... :) so for me? HUGE improvement! haha
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

RnRCj

Quote from: "QTXAdsy"I can't see any smoke machines working (unless they don't show up on the video that well).
If you pause at 48 seconds, you can just about see some smoke (I think).

The Butlin Boy

By chance, I stumbled across this video from 2002 on YouTube:

[youtube:3palf09i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIPorBQxvoM&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div[/youtube:3palf09i]

The bar has well and truly been raised DLP, let's see if you can match it!?! :twisted:  :P

Disneyland Paris Treasures

What the ... ? If I click play it it says "Embedding disabled by request. Play on YouTube." If I click that to play on YouTube it says "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions." :shock:

RnRCj

That video is one of my absolute favourites. It's the only onride video I know of with a fully-functioning lightshow! Pretty much everything is working perfectly there. Just a shame the video quality isn't brilliant.

Also notice how the ride is good 5-10 seconds faster compared to today? I'm not sure why that is, but it might've been because the old oil-based smoke machines made the track slippery!

The lightshow should really be like a sea of colour. There should be lights everywhere! It's hard to find good pictures, but here's a few of the best examples I can find:

(taken from the "Video Of The Parks" video that I recently watched for the first time in ages)

Rorschach

I went on it on December 6 and it was in a very good condition with A LOT of smoke.
Better than last time I rode it on April.

RnRCj

Just found this video on Youtube - more lights have been repaired!

[youtube:10r5xhqd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqq0GCF-Xcs[/youtube:10r5xhqd]

Check out the awesome spinning lights as it goes throught the first couple of inversions - they haven't worked for ages! Also just after the first brake section there are loads of lights working perfectly (though it's only for a second or two).

I can't really tell if there's any smoke from the video... though I would guess there is at least one, maybe two machines working.

There are still quite a few dead lights. At about 0:53-1:00 in particular there should be a lot more happening. But overall I'm very pleased with the effort they seem to be putting into the attraction recently. Hopefully all the lights that are still dead will be repaired over time.

Owain

As i remember the other day RnRCj, the lights in the station for RnRC were amazing. The music and lights were awesome too. Only bad thing is i didnt see much smoke, both rides i could clearly see the roof, is this a sign of limited smoke ?