Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

But I wont know what I'm searching for :P

I'm not into clubbing at all, but I'm kind of sad that Hurricanes is closing. Billy Bob's is now the only drinking outlet for peeps that like a good old knee's up!

Another quickie, are all the shops in the Village still open until silly o'clock? Like 1am weekdays, 3am weekend?

bigrossco

sorry if I have missed it (trying to get back on topic here)

Dose anyone know when the work is due to start?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

CentralPlazaPerson

Was Hurricanes there from the very start in 1992 when Village was called Festival Disney? I've never been into Hurricanes but I would have liked to go in when I got a bit older. Pity it's closing :(

Timbo

Yes ,the club was there when the park opened in 1992 , that was when I first went in it !!! But never since !

Willow

I'm kinda glad its gone, it looked so unappealing and did nothing for me.

Hopefully something decent will replace it.

dagobert

I hope that Hurricanes will be replaced with a nice sit down restaurant and not with a buffet style restaurant. Maybe there is also some space for a bar or pub.

Mr_B

An Italian style restaurent seems good to me. I love disney village but for so long it seems so "rush along through" to me and the family. It needs to be so much more of a spend time on the evening here place. I'm biased on two sides to be honest the clash between no children hanging out and families. I have kids myself and "imagine" it to be so much more. We've not been to the USA yet so don't know what to compare it against. We just seem to rush through everytime at the end of each night even though I'd like to stay longer. It's a hard choice. I'd like less concrete tho ;-)

Don't get me wrong I love DLRP and as a shareholder I especially care about whats done but ...

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Timbo

You hit the nail on the head Mr_B ! I think the problem with the village is that the area landscaping and themeing don't encourage you to linger , there should be more trees and planting , fountains and better lighting , something to slow you down and make you want to stay a while . Instead it always feels like a concrete and steel tunnel I want to get through as fast as possible !!!

dagobert

At first they should get rid of these ugly balloons and replace them with real and nice lights. Then they should add more trees and plants. The improvements with the trees they made a few years ago were a step in the right direction.

smurfy74

I would love them to bring back the starry sky lights they were amazing but i doubt that would happen somehow

pussinboots

The starry sky lights were nice, but not during the day. That's the whole problem with the initial Disney Village; they went about it like the Osborne Family Christmas Lights display. Something that looks utilitarian at best during the day and lights up all pretty at night. But obviously, people don't just see the place at night. They really got that right with the Boardwalk in Walt Disney World, which looks great during both.

Martyn

So has Hurricanes closed down already?

I never saw it open last week though there were lights on and signs out and about advertising it.

And I noticed quite a few of the ballons have started disappearing and have been replaced with nothing, just a hole...

arno-hh

Quote from: "Martyn"So has Hurricanes closed down already?

I never saw it open last week though there were lights on and signs out and about advertising it.

And I noticed quite a few of the ballons have started disappearing and have been replaced with nothing, just a hole...

I don't know if the regular evening program is still happening, but on Feb 23rd an event called "Single Night" is planned

//http://us.disney-village.disneylandparis.com/entertainment/hurricanes/index.xhtml

I think Disney Village needs a Disco! It's the only place in the resort where you can go in the night. Long opening time and a Disco is absolutely necessary!

ToadWithPinkEyes

Will Huricanes be open in May?

Tuvok

Quote from: "ToadWithPinkEyes"Will Huricanes be open in May?

No, it will close for good on March 31st.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)