Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Wow, that is good news. All looks fab to me. I just hope the new hotels will definitely be 'Disney' hotels - and it will then be interesting to see their theme's!

At first, when you think of an expansion that runs down that 'road', it always seems out of the way, but when you look at the map, it all fits in snug really.

Me likey!  :D

Kristof

Regarding Hurricanes, just been informed its going to close permanently on 31 March of this year and there's no news on its replacement...

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"Regarding Hurricanes, just been informed its going to close permanently on 31 March of this year and there's no news on its replacement...

Why are they closing Hurricanes, not enough guests?

Kristof

Repositioning of Disney Village. ;-)

Anthony

I suppose the issue with Hurricanes is that it's a prime spot which sits there empty all day.

I'm shocked it's finally due for the chop though. Quite sad in a way.

Replacement - a family restaurant, that Jules Verne theme pub, extra space for Rainforest Cafe?

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"Repositioning of Disney Village. ;-)

Does that mean that Disney will open a new night club at another location in DV?

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"I suppose the issue with Hurricanes is that it's a prime spot which sits there empty all day.

I'm shocked it's finally due for the chop though. Quite sad in a way.

Replacement - a family restaurant, that Jules Verne theme pub, extra space for Rainforest Cafe?

I'd love a Jules Verne pub! and maybe there would be space for a JV family restaurant too? It could look so good! It'll be interesting to see how long we will have to wait for an announcement regarding Hurricane's replacement... hopefully it won't be too long! [-o<

pussinboots

Repositioning? Toward a family demographic? I suppose that wouldn't have anything to do with the occasionally troublesome local youths who frequent the premises... Although it would be naive to think they'd stay away and the RER station suddenly becomes Celebration, Florida.

I suppose it's for the best. A clean, franchise-filled, mall-like Disney Village might be dull as bricks, but it does seem like the wisest path for them to choose. I really can't see the place blossom as the par-tay center it was envisioned as. Too bad for the Cast Members, though.

My vote goes to the Verne pub as well. I think it would be lovely to have a stylish, interesting establishment that isn't a chain, isn't pointless during the day and has a low threshold.

Anthony

Anyone have an idea of the floorspace of Hurricanes? The original news article about the Jules Verne pub stated 500m2, which seems far too big... http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/08/15/jul ... age-talks/

But it would be a very fitting location, elevated and looking out towards PanoraMagique.

Anthony

Hurricanes is about 600m2 in total, depending on how you measure it.

Tuvok

According to Disneytheque a new Italian restaurant is a possibility (Tony's Restaurant). I think Disney Village urgently needs a new (big) restaurant. The Italian cuisine is a good choice if you ask me!
If the Hurricanes area is that big, maybe they will add a restaurant AND a pub?
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

-breeno-

Personally i'd prefer the Jules Verne pub over anything else, for the simply reason that a celebration of him has always supposed to be a part of Disneyland Paris (yeah the pub won't be in Discoveryland but i can live with that).

An Italian restaurant is a good idea too, but out of the two i'd take the pub, something with some well detailed theming and something that can bring something new to the Village is whats needed there.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Martyn

Grr I hate just having like one topic for all the new stuff in the Village! Its too har to keep a track on whats been said, whats old news, and what I haven't read yet?

So whats all this about a pub and Italian restraunt? Where are they suppose to be going?

-breeno-

Quote from: "Martyn"Grr I hate just having like one topic for all the new stuff in the Village! Its too har to keep a track on whats been said, whats old news, and what I haven't read yet?

So whats all this about a pub and Italian restraunt? Where are they suppose to be going?
Hurricanes Disco, the previous page states when it'll be closing permanently.  The JV pub and Italian restaurant are just rumours for now, nothing has been confirmed for what will replace the Hurricanes area.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

Quote from: "Martyn"Grr I hate just having like one topic for all the new stuff in the Village! Its too har to keep a track on whats been said, whats old news, and what I haven't read yet?

You can use the search box located next to the "post reply" button.  It will only search in this topic.