disneyland TV

Started by david, April 18, 2008, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

I was staying at Newport bay last week (it was a dead good holiday by the way- as always :D/ ) but one thing really annoyed me (aside from the price of food); the park channels  which in previous years have been detailed descriptions of the parks and hotels etc. which, though cheesy, is something i love to watch over and over again while i'm in my room. (i don't know why, i just like watching it). but this year, 3 or 4 channels on my tv had been taken over by some very annoying (and very similar) presenters describing 'ten things to do before you leave'- the girls who present it in its various languages are SO annoying!!!! (though the English one is kind of hot- but so very annoying!) - anyone else agree?

Soap

Hmmm...i can agree with you for a big part of it yes. After a few times, all those girls just get boring. I think they can do better with those televisions.
More disney channels, maybe pay-tv or something for exclusief disney movies, more language options for foreign guests, etc.
But i agree, the old information point was much better!! ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Parkfisch

I know all 6 versions and I don't like them too.
By the way: The Italian and Spanish versions are just the same, it might be a Spanish or Italian woman and the other language is just spoken. I think she's Italian.

dagobert

Is it "ten things you have to do before you leave" or is it "ten things you have to do at DLRP"? I think the last time we have been to DLRP the TV spots were about ten things you have to do and these things were presented by different girls in different languages. It looks like they have changed the spot.

Disney World Hotels have also this kind of TV spots and a very good information channel about the resort. For example you got informations about the weather, about Extra Magic Hours or about other special events. I think such a channel would be a very good addition for DLRP.

Maarten

Quote from: "dagobert"Disney World Hotels have also this kind of TV spots and a very good information channel about the resort.

I haven't seen the Hotel Channel in Paris in about two years, but is it comparable to Walt Disney World's "Wham, wham, wham" Stacey with her annoying Top 7 Must Sees?!  :|

dagobert

It is a little bit like that, but without the stupid wham wham wham :) . It was really annoying. Maybe she has forgotten to take her medicine :lol:

Nicholas-c

anyone got a video of the old one ? :P (and new one, i haven't seen it)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Riebi

I have the same in my mind as I watched it last time at DLRP. The german girl is like a LSD-victim. Very strange and not very nice to watch.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

-breeno-

Please no they can't have kept the Top 10 things to do before you leave? :evil:   I can remember it from last year, god was it annoying.  I was hoping something new with the ToT coming (speaking of which is there anything about it on the channel?  Spooky just after i typed that the ad for ToT came on :shock: ).  Well at least it was better than a few years back when WDS wasn't even mentioned!
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

treble

for those of us who haven't been in a while i think you gotta list the 10 things :)

just like alice you\'re in wonderland

swity

Quote from: "treble"for those of us who haven't been in a while i think you gotta list the 10 things :)

I think it's not what the are telling but how they are telling it. They are so fake and artificial.
I love watchin DisneylandTV aswell. Last year when I saw this 10 things spot we watched it in a few languages. We found it very funny and made jokes about it.

So it's funny to watch but you can't watch it seriously  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

This is so weird, I was thinking about opening up a topic about this when I saw it the other day.

Yea, I have to agree with you, the people on them are quite annoying, and I did prefer the original versions of the channel as well. They just seem so unprofessional, The girl in the English version can't even pronounce 'Pixar', 'Nemo', and when talking about Cars says "the new piston pumping new ride"! :?

Tinkerbelle

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"This is so weird, I was thinking about opening up a topic about this when I saw it the other day.

Yea, I have to agree with you, the people on them are quite annoying, and I did prefer the original versions of the channel as well. They just seem so unprofessional, The girl in the English version can't even pronounce 'Pixar', 'Nemo', and when talking about Cars says "the new piston pumping new ride"! :?
LOL!!!
oh we'll have to watch TV this August... I'll make sure to grab it with the video camera  :lol:

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"This is so weird, I was thinking about opening up a topic about this when I saw it the other day.

She also can't pronounce the letter R, which I find rather annoying: "Cars Wace Wally! It's weally fun!" :roll:

MinniesBestPal

HAHAHAHA! The top ten things to know before you go! Yes, such irritating girls! All the way through the disney parks, any time we saw something that was on that list, my dad would immitate them!