Walt Disney Studios Park Crowds !

Started by Owain, March 13, 2008, 09:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Quote from: "giorgio1712"[...] I personally think its in a great location, being the major E-Ticket of the park I think it deserves to be the first thing you see as you enter.

Well, what if they had put the temple of the Indiana Jones Adventure in the middle of Disneyland*'s Adventureland? Gone would be the leafy path to it, gone would be the sensation of traveling to a hidden spot in an exotic jungle. This is Disney, not Six Flags. Storytelling counts.

*CA, I mean

giorgio1712

I dont think you can compare, Indy to TOT. There is no way you would be able to hide it, its so big. Indy is easy to hide as it isn't that tall and is surrounded by greenery.

Riebi

I have no problems with the location. It´s great to have it there after studio 1. I love to see this little bvd. the buildings in front and back this big buidling, like a fallen star. Sure it´s a bit sad that they haven´t make the very big gardens like first planned but the new placemaking buildings are a wonderful alternate to that and connect the Hollywood bvd. (also the future additions) very well. It´s a hotel with street connection, gardens and faded glamour. A bit forgotten behind the bvd. in front. Wonderful set for the show and wonderful storytelling. Have no problem with it. And walking around the streets and la terasse is my pathway to it   :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

penfold12

the only reason that the que area for the Indy attraction at DLR is so themed and long is because there was no room to build the attraction in adventure land, and had to be built in the car park as it was then. The que takes you out of adventureland to the car park and had to be hidden hence the theming of the tunnel. It was out of necessity, not design

pussinboots

Quote from: "penfold12"the only reason that the que area for the Indy attraction at DLR is so themed and long is because there was no room to build the attraction in adventure land, and had to be built in the car park as it was then. The que takes you out of adventureland to the car park and had to be hidden hence the theming of the tunnel. It was out of necessity, not design

But it works. Much like DLP's Pirates of the Caribbean, with its enormous, winding queue, does a much better job at transporting you into the story than DL's. And MG...Disney's Hollywood Studios does a much better job than any other park with its ToT. It has Sunset, it has those lush gardens. A story needs to be set up.

Japper

Yes , pussinboots really has a point here. The 'transporting' into the story is really awful at DL's pirates.. when you compare that with the paris' version you understand how important the whole 'story-telling' thing is.

Maarten

Visual storytelling is definately important. There isn't much of a build up at the Paris' Tower of Terror. Its quite in your face when you leave Studio 1. On the other hand, since its visible from the Esplanade it works as a weenie to pull in the crowds, which wouldn't be the case if the Tower would have been build far behind Studio 1.