Walt Disney Studios Park Crowds !

Started by Owain, March 13, 2008, 09:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

I think a topic is needed for this, since raptors latest visit to the resort, crowds at WDS are huge. I hope this is the beginning to a GREAT future !  [-o<  :D

Discuss here the Crowds at WDS.

Photos of the crowds at WDS, From Photosmagiques.com;

Raptors Photos Update here; //http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/news_updates/news_7-9_03_08.php

Soap

Well it's the result of the last years of progress @ dlrp and wds.
Really great to see that the effect is also really happening now!
Hopefully they can keep up this high standard and blast them selfs out of debt and further into positive growth!!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

cinders

when i was there in december the crowds were not bad but it wasnt overly busy ! queing wasnt at all bad but i guess i have only ever seen it really busy and that was when it was bonfire night ! and the rest of times i have been is christmas! but now with the new rides and TOT it will me veery busy over the summer months !

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

Reiana

We had to deal with those crowds at the end of January too. I was very surprised to see so many people in front of the studios. :shock:

BlackWolf

Quote from: "Reiana"We had to deal with those crowds at the end of January too. I was very surprised to see so many people in front of the studios. :shock:
Crikey. I was there from the 27th - 30th January this year, with Park access on the 28th and 29th. Not too sure if it was the times I accessed the studios, but I didn't even have to wait to get into the park.

Wait times for the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster were also only about 1-2 minutes.

treble

oh my gawd!  :shock:
i always loved the studios because it was never that busy :(
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

cinders

the longest i had to wait was 20 mins and that was for the tram tours !! oh and armageddon we waited about 20mins also ! but other was only 3 to 5 mins wasnt long at all ! but i think alot of people didnt hang around as it was so cold ! lol  

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

treble

but we're going in july not so cold then ( [-o< )
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

TaranOfPrydain

According to inparkmagazine's report of attendances of themeparks in 2007:

Walt Disney Studios got 2.5 million visitors which is a rice of 13,6%.
Disneyland Parc got 12 million visitors which is a rice of 13,1%.

Disneyland Parc is still the number one in the list and Walt Disney Studios stands on a 10th place. Let's hope that the attendance will even be higher in next years report!!

You can find the whole report on inparkmagazine.com

Kristof

QuoteWalt Disney Studios got 2.5 million visitors which is a rice of 13,6%.

In reality it's a lot more, because when a guests uses a hopper ticket, it only counts when he or she uses it first at WDS.  If someone hops over from Disneyland Park (with a K!) it doesn't count.

Owain

And to add to raptors point, i dont no if this makes any diffrence but that is from 2007, the recent big crowds have started late 07 - early 2008.  :)

GeoffD

i'm pleased to see crowds (don't often say that)
Now i just hope Disney find a way to keep people intrested with the park.

Maarten

It's great to its that busy at Walt Disney Studios Park. Hopefully the momentum will keep going.

Riebi

For me it´s very interesting how soon the restaurant capacities come to their limit, as raptor describe. More real food locations will be a great add to the studios too!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Malin

Of course wait times for attractions and restuarants all vary on the show times. At the moment the Stunt Show holds about 5,000 guest for every show. The theatre's like Animagique and Cinemagique both hold something like 1,100 guest per showing. That is a lot of guest in and out of shows all the time, which of course will reflect waiting times for the various other stuff. I think DLRP may need to have a look at show times and crowd patterns now that TOT and Stitch Live have opened.