Stunt show (little help please)

Started by RockNRoller, March 27, 2008, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockNRoller

Two questions, any help gratefully recieved:
1) editing my most recent footage I find all I can really hear is wind noise, any one know what the music they use is called and where I might be able to find it.
2) I know the black cars they use are Opel Corsa's but what is the red car?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Anthony

1) The music is available in an extended 11-minute track on the Walt Disney World Official Album CD! For some reason, never in Paris... It was created especially for the WDS show (though has a less than subtle Bond influence).

2) I'm not sure if they were inspired by or based on any Opel cars, but the red stunt cars were definitely designed from scratch especially for the show to make sure they're as lightweight and suited to the stunts as possible.

Any more questions, just ask, we'll do our best. :)

Kristof

I believe the red car was designed by the Imagineers, based on concept sketches by Opel.

RockNRoller

Thanks for that guys but it leaves me with another question. Other than visiting WDW (got to get my wife on a plane first) can you suggest a web site I can order the CD from.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Javey74

Quote from: "RockNRoller"I know the black cars they use are Opel Corsa's but what is the red car?
Yeah as predicted already the black cars are Opel Corsa's.
Quote from: "raptor1982"I believe the red car was designed by the Imagineers, based on concept sketches by Opel.
This quote by Raptor is also true, but I would just like to add that the red car is designed to look very similar to Opel Tigra's, for that extra sporty look.  :)

skalos

As javey74 said the black ones are Opel Corsa and the red one Opel Tigra...

Kristof

The black cars were based on the Opel Corsa 2003 model and the Red Hero car is based on a concept vehicle designed by Opel, it was not necessarily the Tigra.

Javey74

Quote from: "raptor1982"The black cars were based on the Opel Corsa 2003 model and the Red Hero car is based on a concept vehicle designed by Opel, it was not necessarily the Tigra.

I've seen the cam drawing concepts to the Tigra, and the imagineers half spec drawings, they match virtually perfect, other than the rear light heights. But I agree that they have not said that the car is designed to be a Tigra.  :)

Kristof

They actually said what I said above.  :)

Javey74

Quote from: "raptor1982"They actually said what I said above.  :)

I see, and I agree...  8)

But as I said looking at the cam drawing's to me only the rear light heights are different.  So anyone from the outside looking in, who knows about cars, would probably say that looks remarkably like a Opel Tigra and they would not be wrong in thinking that, but not officially correct. :mrgreen:

I think we've just about drove ourselves to the bottom on this one, don't you think.. :lol: :lol: