Mary Poppins & Sleeping Beauty character events

Started by zanderstarz, March 16, 2008, 07:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderstarz

As of the the 3rd of April from 11:30am everyday a new 'happening' will begin at Town Square.
The Good Morning Mary Poppins show will contain 3 girl dancers and 3 boy dancers, 4 penguins and of course Mary and Bert. Not quite sure whats gonna happen, but rehearsals will soon be underway and more information will be posted here soon.

On top of all that, there is going to be another 'happening' at the Merlin Stage behind Sleeping Beauty castle. This show will be hosted by Aurora and Prince Phillip and possibly Maleficent. No rehearsals are scheduled yet, but this is due to start on the 3rd of April. More info to come...
~ just like we dreamed it ~

pjulie75

Oh, I am there the week before, it sounds great, I wish I could see it :cry:

The Butlin Boy

Sounds interesting, thanks for the info zanderstarz :)

Its Just Like I DreamedIt

Good good, another thing to add to the improvement list!
!Magic Everywhere

Nala_84

Wow, that's really great news - thank you so much, zanderstarz :)!

Although I'm not sure these happenings will also take place during the Christmas Season?! :( Especially I'd love to see the Aurora happening...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Interesting idea, hope they do make them good, nice to see the good old 90's are influencing names again :wink: .  The Mary Poppins idea seems to remind me of the old Good Morning Main Street where there were dancers, Mickey, Minnie, etc dancing to old dixie music. :)

Also the Sleeping Beauty one reminds me of the Grand Opening ceremony when Sleeping Beauty was woken up by Prince Phillip as the opening of Fantasyland.

Malin

Sounds interesting, clearly DLRP are expecting big crowds to be turning up over the Summer to be putting on addtional entertainment like this. Still its good to see DLP get some entertainment offerings for a change rather than seeing it all go to the WDS.

Riebi

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Interesting idea, hope they do make them good, nice to see the good old 90's are influencing names again :wink: .  The Mary Poppins idea seems to remind me of the old Good Morning Main Street where there were dancers, Mickey, Minnie, etc dancing to old dixie music. :)

Also the Sleeping Beauty one reminds me of the Grand Opening ceremony when Sleeping Beauty was woken up by Prince Phillip as the opening of Fantasyland.

Yes indeed! I loved Good Morning Main Street so much and to have some little shows/parades like that will push the spirit of Disneyland Park forward!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Javey74

Quote from: "zanderstarz"As of the the 3rd of April from 11:30am everyday a new 'happening' will begin at Town Square.
The Good Morning Mary Poppins show will contain 3 girl dancers and 3 boy dancers, 4 penguins and of course Mary and Bert. Not quite sure whats gonna happen, but rehearsals will soon be underway and more information will be posted here soon.

On top of all that, there is going to be another 'happening' at the Merlin Stage behind Sleeping Beauty castle. This show will be hosted by Aurora and Prince Phillip and possibly Maleficent. No rehearsals are scheduled yet, but this is due to start on the 3rd of April. More info to come...

I like the sound of all of that, I hope someone can video it for those not as fortunate to see it :D

zanderstarz

Just a little update...

The Good Morning Mary Poppins show will begin as of the 5th April at the Gazebo in Town Square. It runs every hour from 11:30am until 2pm. There are 3 penguins and 3 dancer couples. Playback and singing is from various sources but nothing new sadly...most of it coming from the Disney Cinema Parade - no surprises there!

The Aurora and Prince Phillip Happening (still no official name yet) begins on the 26th April at the Excalibur stage behind Sleeping Beauty Castle, running every hour from 11:30am until 2pm. It will possibly feature guard-like dancers and maidens. Malificent might even make an appearance. More news to come, watch this space!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Poppy The Monkey

Your always full of information Zanderstarz. I believe Maleficent will appear atop the castle balcony and try to ruin the ceremony, or that is the current plan.

Malin

It sounds like a couple of great additions, is anyone planning to be at the park on April 5th who would mind posting a report back on here?

Kristof

I'll be there.  :mrgreen:

Malin

So can we expect a review when you get back?  :D

Soap

Quote from: "Malin"It sounds like a couple of great additions, is anyone planning to be at the park on April 5th who would mind posting a report back on here?

Also present at that date, so i'll keep you guys posted  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney