Mary Poppins & Sleeping Beauty character events

Started by zanderstarz, March 16, 2008, 07:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "Malin"It sounds like a couple of great additions, is anyone planning to be at the park on April 5th who would mind posting a report back on here?

Also present at that date, so i'll keep you guys posted  :D

Great news Soap :D Hope you have a good time.

Riebi

Scrooooge post first pics of mary at Disney Magic Interactiv:

[spoiler:n2rabpa5]

//http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4293[/spoiler:n2rabpa5]
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Javey74

Thanks for the insight Riebi.  :D

Nice photos for us who would love to be there at present but can't  :(

Nala_84

Aw, great to see the first pics of Mary Poppins & Co... thanks Riebi :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

I'll try to post a video of Mary Poppins before the weekend. It's a fun show, nothing spectacular but certainly a very very welcome addition to Main Street. The whole thing, with the classic cars and Victorian dancers, reminded me a lot of the kind of things you always see on old EuroDisney promotional videos, or the Euro Disneyland Sing-a-long Songs video. For those who have long wanted that kind of streetmosphere to return, it'll be a wonderful thing.

At the end of the show the characters meet and greet guests (hence it being in the meet 'n' greet section of the programme), whilst the Victorian dancers go for a stroll around the street. The story of the show is basically Mary Poppins taking us to the park, and it all coming to life in a very "How does she know" Enchanted musical kind of way...

It doesn't seem to have a proper name though, just "Mary Poppins" on the Programme. :?

Malin

Look forward to the video Baloo, sounds like another positive change for the Resort.

zanderstarz

Just another update...

The Mary Poppins show is schedualed to be an ongoing event throught the year with more scenes to be added later depending on the popularity of the show.

The Aurora & Prince Phillip Happening will start as of the 8th May. The confirmed cast will include 3 Lords and 3 Ladies, Malificent, Aurora and Phillip. More interestingly it appears that the three fairies (Flora, Fauna and Merryweather) might also be involved, but this is not confirmed. Rehearsals are due to start next week. More info to follow...
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Soap

Sounds like a great show additions, thanks for the update Zander!!  :wink:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

Thank you for that update! Is always great to hear something new from the entertainment department!

Do you now which additional sequences are planned and when they make the decision about that?

The Aurora show seems bigger then I expected!

Anthony

Thanks again zanderstarz! I hope if the three fairies are involved in the Aurora show (and I really hope they are), that they can manage to cast them as face characters and not use the plastic faces of Fantillusion... We'll see.

Anyway, here's the video of 'Mary Poppins'!

If you want to see it, stand exactly where I was standing there (either side) for the best view. Don't stand exactly facing the gazebo or you'll be too far away once the cars pull in.

Maarten

Thanks for the video Baloo! Its great to see them using the Mary Poppins track from the Wonderful World of Disney Parade when the gang enters Main Street. The show fits Main Street very well and its a welcome addition in my opinion.

By the way, as a Dutchman I just had to notice... hopefully Bert's bycicle looks like an old one to fit the theme.  :P

Hopefully some more characters will make an appearance on Main Street soon. I remember seeing the Mayor in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

Riebi

Thank you baloooooo great to see a video of it!!  =D>

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, as a Dutchman I just had to notice... hopefully Bert's bycicle looks like an old one to fit the theme.  :P
Yeah I think it's an old one.. doesn't have suspension or modern gears at least. Hehe.  I do remember that it has some colourful ribbons tied around the wheel spokes, and maybe something in the basket like flowers... remember thinking "nice details!" at the time.

The meet 'n' greet time at the end of the show is also a great chance to get some good MS Vehicles shots:

zanderstarz

Just another update...

The Aurora happening has been renamed 'Once Upon A Time with Sleeping Beauty'. Rehearsals have finally started, there is plenty of playback but its mainly a narrator voice over which is poorly translated. Phillip and Aurora both speak, yay! The costumes worn by the Lords and Ladies are gold and cream. Sadly Aurora and Phillip are in their standard park costumes. The Excalibur stage is undergoing a refurb at the moment to accommodate the show. Backstage apparently set is being constructed (but it cant be much considering how small the stage is). 2 new songs are being added to the show as well as 'Once Upon A Dream'. Unlike the Mary Poppins show reusing playback from DCP and DOUD, it appears Disneyland Paris have recorded new material. The large chunks of narration in both French and English are a bit irritating at times but it tells a nice story which will interest children whilst the dancers provide a good spectacle for the older guests. This show will certainly look good in its location and will be a welcome improvement to the park. Sadly (as I expected) Maleficent and the 3 Fairies have been cut. Originally in the draft script Flora, Fauna and Merewether opened and closed the show using Fantillusion playback, and Maleficent interrupted the court ball but was defeated by Prince Phillip. I'm glad they cut this considering in the film Aurora never actually meets Maleficent and it would look odd. But I did like the idea of including the 3 Fairies, ah well, there is always time to develop the show further. Like I said before, even 'Step In Time with Mary Poppins' will eventually be extended.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Poppy The Monkey

We need to start a petition to get the 3 fairys and Maleficent in the show. What a waste of money all those recent pyro tests for them were.

But still the show sounds good for a little extra entertainment, as long as people don't expect a Grand Spectacular - it should go down well.