Your Disney Pin Collection

Started by Masamune, June 26, 2005, 10:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:) The Fan Club pins are all so great. Obviously my Cheshire one is my fave, but I love the Chernabog and Maleficent ones I have as well.

Welsheeyore

I had some pins today

my Tink LE that I have been after for a while :) very pleased with that

some traders

and I have been framing again ;)

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

:D The Vinylmation pins actually look pretty cool when framed.

Stitch2814

hey emma, very nice framed pins :)

Here is what came for me this afternoon, the pins off donna which I just looove and the one off ebay which has got here within a week of me buying it so Im happy about that as well. The ebay pin is the St Patricks day stitch pin.

Belle's World

Love the framed pictures Emma - i bought the Mickey mouse clapper board off ebay a few months ago, only prob is the backs are metal butterfly not rubber heads so i don't think you can trade unless you change them although please correct me if i'm wrong.

Danny great pins from Sam your collection is growing so fast.
Ro

Welsheeyore

@RO - I am really not sure you know more than me - but I have plenty of mickey ears backs which I can put on - but have left them on the card for now as that is the original card

I got a few more traders today too so really building up what I hope will see me good for the pin meets coming up :)

October 2013 - WDW

Eager_Eyes

I've got that Mickey clapper pin.  Its a real pin and 100% tradeable its got a metal back because its from 90's before the official start of pin trading and the introduction of Mickey pin backs

Stitch2814

Look what turned up in the post (pun not intended) My opening day UP pin which was only £3. I love the pin and I think it takes me to 15 UP pin which is more than half of them YAY!

Welsheeyore

you are really getting a big collection now Danny

i got this today which I love its bigger than I thought

October 2013 - WDW

Stitch2814

hahaha big for UP pins then yes lol as there only about 30 (I forget) so half will do me fine for now lol seeing as how popular it is and how rare some of the pins are. Even the one I got was LE3000 and that doesnt come up on ebay that often surprisingly.

Aveen2008

Emma - Great Tinker pins! I have the SNF one:) it's great and you're right it is pretty big! You're so good at making the frames too! =D>

Danny lovely stitch pins too! And your UP one as well, very good bargin there!:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

Quote from: "Eager_Eyes"I've got that Mickey clapper pin.  Its a real pin and 100% tradeable its got a metal back because its from 90's before the official start of pin trading and the introduction of Mickey pin backs

Sorry i don't think i was very clear. I agree the pin is 100% tradeable. I have it myself as well as a couple of others from the same seller. I understand the back is metal as it is old but can you confirm if it can be traded in DLRP or in store with the metal back or would we have to put a rubber back on before trading? Would be really interested to know as i have a few metal backs but always assumed i couldn't trade them as i have never seen pins in DLRP without the rubber backs.
Thank you
Ro

Eager_Eyes

It shouldnt be a problem to trade with the metal back, the rules around only trading for pins with mickey backs are really for new pins where scrappers are with metal backs more often than not.  It would in my opinion come down to the individual cm you traded with and whether or not they can tell its geniuene.  I would swap it make life easier.  And also whenever I come across an older pin with a metal back and then trade it on I always keep the metal backs for my keepers.  They're just that little bit more secure.   I'm sure I've gotten pins from DLRP without mickey backs I've definately traded for metal back pins in Florida, there is still a fair number of the older style pins in circulation there.  

I didn't get mine off ebay though, mine was bought for me as a present from Nan when I was about 7 when they were sold in the Disney Store the first time around it was the first pin I ever owned, starting the later madness!

Welsheeyore

thanks for clearing that up its good to know stuff like that - isnt it funny how we all get slightly different ideas about stuff :)

October 2013 - WDW

dlrpmad

Hellooo everyone, been busy for the past week (preping for exams :(   ).I come back and I see all these great pins!!!!!It makes me want to collect sooooooooooooo many more!!!!!!!!! :D

Danny, you keep taunting me with all the great stitch pins, its not fair!!!!! I need money and a ebay account, STAT!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!