Up (Pixar 2009)

Started by The Butlin Boy, June 08, 2007, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

All Hail the Mighty Iger

What a Quote... Looks Like the Disney Spirit is back.... and the Pixar Ideal's are starting to glimmer in the hallways and the cheep-quels are no more

Pete's Dragon

Having just watched the trailer, my anticipation levels have vastly increased. Although now Im wondering if the whole concept about an old man and a boy in a floating house, is going to be overshadowed by a talking dog.

Anthony

First review of UP: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... -1,00.html

It gives you the general gist of the story, but nothing to truly spoil it. After not being too interested in the Stateside build-UP (aha, get it?) recently, I'm now really excited. There seems to be a lot more to the film (especially emotionally) than the trailers and previews are showing.

Captain Pan

Went and Saw Coriline in 3D earlier...

and guess what trailer had me bouncing UP and Down in my Seat?

In 3D from the Signature at the Start to the Magic... and unlike Sony its Ice Age... Pixar have done something great by dropping the 3D backwards into the distance and kicking elements forward like traditional 3D Movies...

Purely Great... and Todays "The Times Article" which I have a correction to send in against made me laugh!

COme on October get here NOW!!!!

Anthony

peep

^Ha, thats really cool. You know what would be cooler? A hot air balloon in the shape of the house with lots of balloons attached to it.

EDIT:

First reaction from it's screening at Cannes is now on Totalfilm.com! LINK
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Anthony

Sounds rather like WALL-E, the way it switches from pure film to something much more animated in the second half.

I wonder what kind of box office they're expecting?

never2old

Apparently they're going to have a preview of the movie for the shareholders club in July. In French, though  :( And no mention on whether it will be in 3D or not.

The more I see about this movie the more impatient I am...

penfold12

Up was in TheSimpsons last night in America! In The episode "Welcome to Homerica" Homer makes a make shift hot air balloon, by attaching balloons to a chair, he is too heavy for it to fly so Karl & Lenny get in, next thing you know, as they are flying, behind them goes Karl's house with all the Balloons holding it up out of the movie!

Owain

Quote from: "penfold12"Up was in TheSimpsons last night in America! In The episode "Welcome to Homerica" Homer makes a make shift hot air balloon, by attaching balloons to a chair, he is too heavy for it to fly so Karl & Lenny get in, next thing you know, as they are flying, behind them goes Karl's house with all the Balloons holding it up out of the movie!

Are fox determined to advertise up ?  :lol:

Owain

Double Post;

QuotePixar pooch picks Up Cannes prize

A talking dog named Dug from animated Pixar film Up has won the Palm Dog, a comic alternative to the Cannes Film Festival's main prize, the Palme d'Or.

Voted by British film critics, it has been presented since 2001 to the best canine performance seen at the event.

Dug, given the power of speech by a human voice collar, was the runaway winner of the unofficial prize.

But it faced competition from a black poodle seen in Quentin Tarantino's war film Inglourious Basterds.

'Cone of shame'

The rules were bent this year to allow the talking fox who appears in Lars von Trier's horror film Antichrist to compete.

Moses, a dog represented by a chalk outline in Von Trier's drama Dogville, won the prize when it was presented at the 2003 festival.

The makers of Up will receive the traditional trophy - a leather collar bearing the name of the quirky award in silver letters.

Last year's collar went to Lucy, the dog who went missing in US film Wendy and Lucy.

This year's jury also handed out a "cone of shame" to Filipino thriller Kinatay, in which a dog is seen being hit by a car.

Up is out in the US on 29 May but does not open in the UK until 16 October.

From BBC News.

//http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8064150.stm

Well done Up ! :)

The Butlin Boy

Let's hope that's the first of many awards :mrgreen:  =D>

Captain Pan

Well Well Well...First Awards... and now Ranked 3rd in Pixar's History of Movies on Opening Weekend... with $68,200,000

In order they are:

The Incredibles (5/11/2004): $70,467,623

Finding Nemo (30/5/2003): $70,251,710 (Pixar's Highest Grossing Theatre Release)

UP (29/5/2009): $68,200,000

WALL-E (27/6/2008): $63,087,526

Monsters Inc (2/11/2001): $62,577,067

Cars (9/6/2006): $60,119,509

Ratatouille (29/6/2007): $47,027,395

Toy Story (22/11/1995): $29,140,617

Toy Story 2 (19/11/1999): $300,163

A Bugs Life (20/11/1998): $291,121

Note: Both A Bugs Life and Toy Story 2 were only released on their first weekend into one Theatre (apparently)

Anthony

That is an amazing opening.

Sure, there's a talking dog and a brightly coloured bird, but it's hardly Madagascar. It wasn't guaranteed to be that kind of a mainstream hit (what went wrong with Ratatouille, though?). Congrats anyway, Pixar. Shame Europe can't share in the fun. It's not like there's much competition this Summer.

Willow

I was pleasantly surprised with Up, below isn't much of a spoiler, just a set of semi-funny lines from Up. But I wouldn't click for people staying totally spoiler-free.

Very good characters, not my favourite Pixar film, but still a quality film.

[spoiler:1x5121ex]SQUIRREL!!!

A Squirrel walks up to a tree and says 'I forgot to store acorns for Winter and now I am dead'.
HA! Its funny because the Squirrel is dead.[/spoiler:1x5121ex]