Up (Pixar 2009)

Started by The Butlin Boy, June 08, 2007, 06:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Footage from that Sony CES Keynote has been leaked:
http://pixarplanet.com/blog/up-footage- ... ote-leaked

It seems like certain aspects of Presto are there just as Lifted almost led into WALL-E.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Footage from that Sony CES Keynote has been leaked:
http://pixarplanet.com/blog/up-footage- ... ote-leaked

It seems like certain aspects of Presto are there just as Lifted almost led into WALL-E.

I must say, it's looking good :mrgreen:  I'm really excited about seeing this film now, even more so that I was, it just looks fantastic :)

RnRCj

I'm not too sure if I'll like this film. What I love about Pixar is the way they bring things to life that we wouldn't normally be able to communicate with, for example monsters, cars, fish, toys... But the last film that involved humans (sort of), The Incredibles, I felt wasn't quite as good as the others. I'm worried I might feel the same about this.

Obviously I haven't seen it yet though, so I'll wait and see.

The Butlin Boy

Anthony

Pretty good. :)  I still love the colours of the balloons against the blue sky. It all feels very fresh and bright, a bit of fresh air after the dark and sterile worlds of WALL-E.

But then, I can see what RnRCj's saying. After WALL-E, it's hard to know what to think. I'm really looking forward to it, especially the 3D, but not really bowled over by anything I'm seeing... you know?

Even though, as I've just realised, I'm looking at a poster of an old man pulling along a flying house being held up by hundreds of balloons. Yeah, we'll probably love it. Aren't Pixar predictable? :roll:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Anthony"It seems like certain aspects of Presto are there just as Lifted almost led into WALL-E.

Is that not the case with every new film and the previous short? I thought the basis of each short was primarily to test out some new animation technique, which would be used in the next film.

never2old

I've just seen the Up trailer in 3D, with Bolt. WHOA!! It looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see more!!!

The balloons alone... So much volume!! Really stunning

Captain Pan

Well... Well... Well...

I have a Small Snippet of news...

Over the past movies we have been given a small movie to whet our appetites
For Cars it was One Man Band
For Ratatouille it was Lifted
WALL-E gave us Presto

Up gives the World: Partly Cloudy

Directed by Peter Sohn: Animator on Ratatouille, The Incredibles Story artist on Finding Nemo and The Incredibles.

And Voice of Your Friend the Rat: Emile

Can't wait already! Bring on The Summer!

penfold12

I have to say, the trailer for Up was lost in the trailers with Bolt in 3D today. I don't know if it is because I have watched it a few times on the net, but I was really underwhelmed at the cinema with the Up trailer, especially the 3D element. The first time ever for me that the Pixar trailer and movie didn't excite me as much as the other trailers. Monsters v aliens looked supierior to Up, and the trailer for ice age 3 is genius. Those to movies got ms excited, I just hope that that fact that I have watched the up trailer a few times is the reason it didn't look as good!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "penfold12"I have to say, the trailer for Up was lost in the trailers with Bolt in 3D today. I don't know if it is because I have watched it a few times on the net, but I was really underwhelmed at the cinema with the Up trailer, especially the 3D element. The first time ever for me that the Pixar trailer and movie didn't excite me as much as the other trailers. Monsters v aliens looked supierior to Up, and the trailer for ice age 3 is genius. Those to movies got ms excited, I just hope that that fact that I have watched the up trailer a few times is the reason it didn't look as good!

Aaaw, we didn't get an Up trailer when we saw Bolt 3D, I was really hoping we would :roll: Never mind :wink:

Captain Pan

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Anthony"Website has been updated slightly: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/up/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the contrast between the bright balloons and blue sky and the inside of Carl's house, where everything seems to be brown. I'm looking forward to seeing how Pixar tackle South America...

Some release dates:

US: 29th May 2009
UK: 17th July 2009
France, Netherlands: 29th July 2009
Germany 24th September 2009

Do animated films not do well in Germany in Summer or something?

I can never get my head around why some film companies release their films like this. Are we not as important as the US or something? :evil:

It could get a whole lot worse for European Fans...

Early Indications are of a release Date Change for Much of Europe... Britain in Particular, one in which would astromically set back the DVD release at Christmas...More like Valentines (Like Ratatouille)

From My Sorces on another Forum...
QuoteA few more countries and dates...

Spain - 12th June 2009
Argentina - 9th July 2009
Iceland - 28th August 2009
Germany - 24th September 2009*
Norway - 25th September 2009
Netherlands - 8th October 2009*
UK - 16 October 2009*

* date has been changed

According to Empire Online, they still have the release date as 17 July 2009 in the UK, but then it says on another page that the release isn't until October, so I don't know. It doesn't look like the Australian date has been changed (yet). *holds breath*

This would mean the UK (Although it is in the main language) would be receiving the movie almost 6 months after the US, and After the People of Germany...

I think I might Start Crying Now!

Or Organising an Excursion out of the country to get to see it... Think Paris May Become Card Holder for me... I just need someone to translate!

Anthony

October?! No way! What are they releasing in the Summer here then? All I can see is Witch Mountain in April and Hannah Montana in May... I accept for good business they need to release films during school holidays, but I can't stand the way Disney UK just spreads out its films randomly across the year... do they not realise most people (particularly that same school audience) follow film news and trailers online and will have have forgotten all about the buzz for Up by the time they finally let us see it? Not to mention missing out on Christmas DVD sales now.

Lord knows when (or even if) we're going to see the Toy Story films in 3D then, if everything is bumped back...

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"October?! No way! What are they releasing in the Summer here then? All I can see is Witch Mountain in April and Hannah Montana in May... I accept for good business they need to release films during school holidays, but I can't stand the way Disney UK just spreads out its films randomly across the year... do they not realise most people (particularly that same school audience) follow film news and trailers online and will have have forgotten all about the buzz for Up by the time they finally let us see it? Not to mention missing out on Christmas DVD sales now.

Lord knows when (or even if) we're going to see the Toy Story films in 3D then, if everything is bumped back...

Ant... I think there's another Movie which will be bumped back from this that many many Disney Fans have been looking forward to since Lasseter revived Hand Drawn Animation... We're all aware that the UK wouldn't be getting The Princess and The Frog at Christmas like the US, but We Might not even get it now till the Summer if this release is anything to go by

Summer or its Original Date in July was perfect, I'd worked out its Estimated Time Of Arrival onto DVD & BR to... So My Christmas was sorted! If Pixar Dream of Doing this to Summer 2010 then there will be a RIOT! Pixar are now going to lose money hand over fist in both Box Office Receipts and in DVD/BR Sales... Who's Honestly going to rush out in February to buy a Movie? (Except Wendybird1 when I make her get it for me on BR)

Questions need to be Answered... And Unfortunately right now... I might hurt someone trying to Ask them! Its made my blood boil.

Its usual for the rest of Europe to miss out on the Movies by say a few weeks but the UK... there should be no excuse
1: Its Filmed in the Language that A: England Created, and B: the entire population of the nation speak, How Germany are getting it before the UK is Unreal
2: It cannot be that hard to transport the reels accross the vast big blue wet thing?
I would think of more... But I'm too tired!

Look's lIke Bolt is the movie thats going to comfort me this Christmas! and as a result Pixar has been given this movie its First Death Nail...

This Could be the first Mistake from the Office of Lasseter! And I hope its his only one!

The Butlin Boy

Why, just why? :evil: I really annoys me when they push it back so much. I mean, I wouldn't mind it as much if it were just by one or two months, but to make a difference between America and the UK about half a year is just ridiculous. Why is America so much better than the rest of the world that they can get films released half a year before us?

The same can be said for Bolt as well; it was released in the UK in February, and by the end of March it'll already be out on DVD and Blu-Ray in the States! :x

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"and as a result Pixar has been given this movie its First Death Nail...

This Could be the first Mistake from the Office of Lasseter! And I hope its his only one!
I think Up will do better in October rather than trying to compete with Summer movies to be honest (isn't there a Harry Potter film out this Summer?). They delayed Ratatouille till October and it still did well in the UK, got good reviews and did ok on DVD. It all makes fairly good business sense for them.

But it does just show a complete disregard for their actual fans -- the ones who'd go see the film no matter what within a week of it opening, have been following it online and have to sit there for six months while everywhere else enjoys it.

It's annoying when you realise the bottom line at Disney is money.