How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowboardNW

Hey all!

First post here and thanks to everyone for all the great information throughout the park. I'm a fairly poor student who lives in Madrid and I've found a good deal at Disney for March 31st (2014)- April 4th.I know it's about two weeks before the French holidays start and it is a good two or three weeks before the Spanish holidays start.

Am I missing any other holidays throughout Europe that might be important? Any ideas on how busy?

Also, I'm horribly scared that a load of things will be closed down for refurbishment in preparation for the Spring holidays. Anyone have any thoughts?

And lastly, does anyone have any clue as to when the Ratatouille ride will be released? I think that might just miss it which would be kind of lame.

Thanks for any and all help!!

miss disney fan

Any idea how busy it will be next month, we go 8th July

NotreClaire

We will go at the 14th of october till the 18th. (: Just before the autumn holidays, I hope..? Does anybody know? ^^
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

never2old

Quote from: "NotreClaire"We will go at the 14th of october till the 18th. (: Just before the autumn holidays, I hope..? Does anybody know? ^^

I'm hoping it will be quiet (we're also going to be there on those dates) It should be, no school holidays yet. We've been in the past around those dates and it's always been fairly quiet.

Thrills

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "NotreClaire"We will go at the 14th of october till the 18th. (: Just before the autumn holidays, I hope..? Does anybody know? ^^

I'm hoping it will be quiet (we're also going to be there on those dates) It should be, no school holidays yet. We've been in the past around those dates and it's always been fairly quiet.

I believe there's autumn holidays in the south of the Netherlands already but I doubt that will have a lot of influence :)

NotreClaire

Quote from: "never2old"

Ah, thanks! I wasn't sure about it, since October is Halloweenmonth in Disney.. But it would be more than perfect to be there just before the (inter)national holidays are starting!
I don\'t know when,
I don\'t know how,
but I know something\'s starting right now

SnowboardNW

Anyone know how busy it will be on March 31st to April 4th (2014)

I looked up the French holidays and it is before their holiday starts, also before Spain's. Am I missing any other holidays that might affect the crowd levels at the park?

Gemma W

We will be going 1st Feb 2014 for 5 days. I am hoping it will be quiet but also  a bit worried that because its low season lots will be closed or parades/shows/ fireworks wont be on. Does anyone have any info pls xxx

minnieme

Hi,

We are due to go May half term as we have the past 2 years, but just wondered how busy it is in August. May was just right, and in my head I imagine August to be really really busy. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "miss disney fan"Any idea how busy it will be next month, we go 8th July

I myself have never visited July but my aunt did these same dates last year and she said it was fairly busy but she didn't complain they still got lots done hope this helps!

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "SnowboardNW"Anyone know how busy it will be on March 31st to April 4th (2014)

I looked up the French holidays and it is before their holiday starts, also before Spain's. Am I missing any other holidays that might affect the crowd levels at the park?

We're also going to visit in march next year on the 17th I know my sons school breaks up for half term at the end of march were in the uk hope it helps

never2old

Quote from: "Gemma W"We will be going 1st Feb 2014 for 5 days. I am hoping it will be quiet but also  a bit worried that because its low season lots will be closed or parades/shows/ fireworks wont be on. Does anyone have any info pls xxx

The parades will still be on, and Dreams has been announced will stay on daily until September 2014, so you'll get to see it too.

You may find some rides closed, true, there are usually lots of refurbs around then, and they won't get announced for quite some time yet. You can have a look in DLRP Magic at past years closures, to have an idea...

Good news is that usually the rides that are open have little queues... ;)

never2old

Quote from: "minnieme"Hi,

We are due to go May half term as we have the past 2 years, but just wondered how busy it is in August. May was just right, and in my head I imagine August to be really really busy. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

July and August are very busy, we've only been once and hopefully we'll never do it again... I don't remember any ride with less than 60 - 90 minutes queue (over 2 hours for some!) during most of the day

On the other hand the days are very long (you can be there from 8am to 11pm...), you can still get quite a few rides done in the morning (until 11 or so), and then in the evening (after 5 - 6 it gets quieter again...). With some planning and fastpasses you can get plenty done!

tubbsy

We have done August twice before and and as never2old says, if you plan it right then you can get rides done. Ride early in  the morning, when the parade and Dreams is on and use the fast pass. Eating early is a good idea too. (At 12:00pm and 6:00pm) So when the rest of the park decide to eat, you are refreshed and flying round BTM :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

ecila

Any ideas on how busy Sept 16-20th will be? I'm presuming most children will have gone back to school? Thanks :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794