How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou169

Hi all, ive been DLRP twice at Halloween but next year im going on the 31 march to 3 April. Does anyone know roughly what its like then? Weather wise, crowds, etc. Much appreciated  :D  :thumbs:
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

staceylc

I'm looking at booking a very last minute break from 1st - 4th September.  Does anyone know how busy it will be?

Thanks

BethanyMack

Quote from: "staceylc"I'm looking at booking a very last minute break from 1st - 4th September.  Does anyone know how busy it will be?

Thanks
Hi!! last year I went from the 4-6/9 and it was relatively quiet, and with term starting on the 4th in this country this year (so I'm assuming the same for the rest of Europe), I'd imagine that it'd be quiet-ish because parents are reluctant to take their children away so close to the start of the new school year.
I hope that's right, and if it isn't I'm really sorry! xxx
.....littlepatchofdisney.tumblr.com....
                                             when you wish upon a star....
4/9/12-6/9/12 Hotel Santa Fe
3/9/13-7/9/13 Hotel Santa Fe
2014 - Walt Disney World Florida!

gtyrel10

Hi All,

I have just recently joined this forum after finally getting my boyfriend to agree to give Disney "a go"  :D/

I am sure i will ask lots of stupid question over the next few months. But at the moment we are just trying to decide on dates we have two options at the moment which would have us in Disney on Sunday 17th November (my birthday) and Monday 18th of November or Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th.

Does anyone know how busy these would be i am getting myself worked up to the idea that the Sunday will be so busy that we wont get on anything and it will take hours to do a couple of rides. Am i panicking over nothing, he really wants to be in the park for my birthday which is why i am not sure what to pick. :?

Thank you x

missoverexcited

Does anyone know how busy the first week of June is likely to be?

We were at PortAventura the first week of June this year and wait times were generally around 15 minutes....but it's no Disney!! So I expect DLP to be busier, just not sure how much busier.

Thanks!

gemma2806

gtyrel10 - November is a relatively quiet time in the parks as it is term time for European schools. Monday and Tuesday will always be quieter than the weekends.

Sunday in November can be a bit hit and miss! If you get a dry weekend in Christmas Season you can guarantee that the parks will be busy. I went over two lovely sunny weekends in September last year (which is supposed to be a quieter period) and the parks were absolutely heaving! If you don't mind not spending your birthday in the parks then opt for Monday and Tuesday. However if you are a complete Disney lover and would love to be in the parks for your birthday, then make sure you arrive early with a plan of action but be realistic and don't expect to do everything!

Good luck with your decision.

missoverexcited - the first half of June is a quieter period and usually you can expect 15-20 min wait times for the smaller attractions. The larger attractions tend to have a slightly less horrific wait time than usual but as they are crowd pleasers these rides tend to have large queues by the afternoon any time of year.

missoverexcited

Thanks, that sounds pretty reasonable for non-headliners.

lovindisney87

going on 26th January 2014 for 5 days any ideas how busy that could be?

Thanks in advance   :)

[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

SVioletS

We're going from April 10th until 14th. Any idea how crowded it will be?  how about the weather? Last year we went in october  and before that mid august..

thanks a lot!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

SwipatronSparks

Weather over there is similar to here in the uk so expect mid spring style weather it may be a little chilly but it could aslo be quite warm too, depending on when the easter holidays next year are it could be quite busy its also the parks birthday while your there too :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

SVioletS

:) hmm i'm in Portugal so i will expect a little colder! I think easter holidays will start around 12th in Paris area, hopefully we will have some quiet days. It will be my little girls birthday as well, April 13.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DisneyG83

I'm planning on going back to Disneyland in March, probably in the Easter holidays. Is it usually busy like it is in the summer at that time or is it a little bit quieter?
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

minnieme

Anyone any idea what the crowds are like around 22nd July? It will be the first week of UK school summer holidays!!!

Thanks

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

pj123

Hi guys, anyone know how busy it will be from 23rd October to 27th? we went last Boxing day for 3 days, it was heaving, lol wondered what it would be like this time.
Thanks

amanda08

We are going the 20th till 25th and expecting it to be busy but not manic. From the 25th most of the UK also has school holidays so I think it will start to get much busier then. The plus side is, everything is open - never experienced a trip without closures before! and there are nice long opening hours :-)

Have a fab time!